Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Fake Juvederm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jen46
5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:56 am      Reply with quote
This was my first time getting Juvederm. I went to a so called "liquid facelift" clinic.

I had pretty deep nasio-fabial lines that were filled with 3 syringes for $1,000. Physician did recommend 3-4 syringes, but I went for 3 since I never had Juvederm before. Three days later, I can fill a little Juvederm on one side of my face but not the other.

I have basically no improvement at all. I am devastated, as I really can't afford to throw money away.

Should I contact the clinic or file a medical board complaint?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Before filing a complaint, you should really contact the clinic and tell them that you are unhappy with the results and at least give them the opportunity to assess the situation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I also would be contacting them. 3 syringes is quite a lot, you should definitely notice it.

Also $1000 is very cheap for 3 syringes? What type of Juvaderm was it? There are different types depending on thickness and longevity.
The skill of the injector is extremely important, where they an experienced injector?

5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
It was Juvederm XC.

I do think the injector was skilled. He is a doctor and uses only injectables and botox for liquid facelifts.

Could it take a few days before final results?

I know when I contact the clinic they will say I should have gotten 4 syringes. I really cannot afford more money, especially since the 3 syringes seem like I threw my money away.

Should I just consider it a loss and accept the folds on my face?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
jen46 wrote:
It was Juvederm XC.

I do think the injector was skilled. He is a doctor and uses only injectables and botox for liquid facelifts.

Could it take a few days before final results?

I know when I contact the clinic they will say I should have gotten 4 syringes. I really cannot afford more money, especially since the 3 syringes seem like I threw my money away.

Should I just consider it a loss and accept the folds on my face?

I have not had any fillers, but from reading of many other's experiences most doctors will fix these issues free of charge when you are unhappy? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Or they will give you the spiel that it takes several rounds of filler injections to "see results". ka-CHING!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
As my daddy used to say "the worst that can happen if you ask is they say no", it can't hurt to try! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Fyi that a large syringe of Juve XC in the US is usually about $650. I have it in my lips, and it has lasted for about 2.5 years.

Deep folds could definitely require 4 syringes. But you may still end up seeing some improvement because the filler will stimulate your own collagen production and you may eventually see a bit more plumping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 am      Reply with quote
One syringe in Australia is around $750 - I think there's 2 mls in a syringe (but I could be wrong). Theoretically, 6 mls, 3 in each, fold should have been sufficient. Although, note that in the advertising before and after photos they never tell you how much product was injected into the area.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Bethany....2-1/2 years....that's great!

Where do you live and who is your injector?

I couldn't find anyone near me that could recommend an injector. I traveled 2 hours.

By the way, am I allowed to name the facility where I got the Juvederm so others don't make the same mistake of going there?

I am contacting Juvederm today to ask if this provider really is "Diamond status" and then I am calling the clinic to complain.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:46 am      Reply with quote
jen46 wrote:

I couldn't find anyone near me that could recommend an injector. I traveled 2 hours.

By the way, am I allowed to name the facility where I got the Juvederm so others don't make the same mistake of going there?

I am contacting Juvederm today to ask if this provider really is "Diamond status" and then I am calling the clinic to complain.

With all due respect, don't you really think you should speak with the clinic to see what their response is to your complaints before you bad mouth them. As I stated previously, I pay $750.00 for one syringe - so you sound as though you got a good deal. But if you are unhappy, you should give the clinic the opportunity to rectify the situation. Plus, from the title of your thread, it sounds like you believe they didn't use Juvederm but a substitute product. You can't just go making accusations without knowing the truth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Very true, because if you do not give the clinic a chance to fix the problem first or at least tell you that it may take time to see results you may have a defamation/libel suit on your hands.

It's a shame there s nothing more permanent on the market.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Well, there is Sculptra - works by stimulating collagen production in skin takes a while work and a few treatments and lasts a couple of years.

I think 3 syringes of Juvederm should produce visible improvement if it has not been used in too many areas. That improvement is virtually instantaneous. You are right to suspect the product if it cost so little, it is somewhat expensive even for doctors. Did you see it being removed from packaging? If you had botox, did you actually see an allergan label on the vial? While non-brand products do work if you think you are paying for Juvederm and Botox, then that is what you should get.

It is too late now to see the packaging, but definitely you should ask if you can have some redo. They can only say no. One extra Juve would only have been a 25% increase in volume, so it is unlikely that with that extra amount it would be perfect, if that is what they are saying. In my experience a reputable doctor will want you to feel happy with your results.I have even had surgical tweaks done free of charge and that is a lot more expensive for the doctor to offer than injection of product.

Good luck and I hope you are soon feeling more satisfied.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
jen46 wrote:

I am in north Florida.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I got Juvederm XC injected into my lips two years ago. The doctor didn't even use one full syringe and my lips were very full. So, I'm not sure why you aren't seeing results. This was in 2010 and one syringe was $550.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |