Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What benefits have you noticed from LAA or C E Ferulic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious because I see tons of people talk about how they love LAA or C E Ferulic serum etc. but no one says why! Well, why do you love LAA? What benefits does it give you? Smile

And if any MAP, AA2G or Tetra C users would also like to say what benefits they've noticed from these varieties of C, please do! Smile

I've read many studies, but I'd really like some personal accounts instead. Very Happy

TIA!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
I'm curious because I see tons of people talk about how they love LAA or C E Ferulic serum etc. but no one says why! Well, why do you love LAA? What benefits does it give you? Smile

And if any MAP, AA2G or Tetra C users would also like to say what benefits they've noticed from these varieties of C, please do! Smile

I've read many studies, but I'd really like some personal accounts instead. Very Happy

TIA!

First I see no reason to buy AA2G read the warning on Bulk actives! and it is high priced LAA bound to glucose! Laughing

WARNING!

Ascorbyl Glucoside is VERY acidic.
Ascorbyl Glucoside is ONLY stable at pH 5-7
You MUST use a stong alkaline (food grade lye/sodium hydroxide) to bring the pH up to 6.
Working with Sodium Hydroxide is DANGEROUS
Shipping Sodium Hydroxide via international airmail is ILLEGAL!
Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide Lye Micro Beads are readily available here: USA

We STRONGLY suggest that you only buy Ascorbyl Glucoside if you are comfortable working with Sodium Hydroxide.

Note that we also sell two other VERY stable L-ascorbic acid derivatives:
Ethyl ascorbic acid and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate

http://www.bulkactives.com/ascorbylglucoside.htm

I mainly know LAA has helped lighten pigmentation, exfoliates skin, makes skin glow, builds collagen....my skin looks better for it.

I use Tetra C on faith really, I just like adding it to my oil blends! Smile

I am not a huge fan of MAP, don't hate it I use it in CHAS serum from SA, I hate formulating with it, but that is just me!
It will stink if not at just the correct pH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I use both LAA and tetra C on faith as well.
My skin seems to be sensitive to LAA - I am slowly trying to incorporate it back in. Anything over 15% and I get blackheads... which I never get otherwise.

With LAA, I don't get any type of glow as others have reported.

I am just hoping they are both working their magic in the deeper skin layers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both! DM, I only said that about the other forms because AA2G is in some Olay stuff, and AA2G and MAP are in my MaryKay serum that I'm using. And since the research supporting them aren't as good as LAA, I wondered if anyone gets any benefits from those also. I really want to try DIY LAA though!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thank you both! DM, I only said that about the other forms because AA2G is in some Olay stuff, and AA2G and MAP are in my MaryKay serum that I'm using. And since the research supporting them aren't as good as LAA, I wondered if anyone gets any benefits from those also. I really want to try DIY LAA though!

I understand if a manufacturer is formulating with them they are professionals! I just don't want to make anything with AA2G myself!

MAP, it can be DIY it just can be fussy, so you need to get it just right! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
My skin seems to be sensitive to LAA - I am slowly trying to incorporate it back in. Anything over 15% and I get blackheads... which I never get otherwise.

Dear Lord erg,

I have used LAA for about 20 years! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, AA2G and MAP seem like a pain in the a$$ to work with. LAA is super easy it seems. Now I just have to find out if my skin would like it or not. Confused I'll have to get the PH right possibly.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:

Dear Lord erg,

yeah... I'm going back the basics. I never saw results before with LAA - but there are so many studies backing it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:

Dear Lord erg,

yeah... I'm going back the basics. I never saw results before with LAA - but there are so many studies backing it!

There are and Kassy's skin is a testament too along with the AALS!

I am lucky on not getting any blackheads? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I wish we could see a picture of Kassy!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
I wish we could see a picture of Kassy!!

She explained some sites were using her pics to sell products she never even heard of much less used so she never leaves any up for long!

You could pm her and ask if she would share privately, she had one up for a few days on the AALS thread a little while back and she does not look her age by a long shot! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure this is the thread to post this in but I saw this article and thought it might be useful. I think the general thinking is to use Vit c at night, but if it helps with sun protection would that be a good reason to use it during the day? http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Formulation-Science/Vitamin-C-and-E-topical-combo-could-protect-against-sunburn-says-study?nocount
Sorry the link is not working. I don't know how to fix it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I'm not sure this is the thread to post this in but I saw this article and thought it might be useful. I think the general thinking is to use Vit c at night, but if it helps with sun protection would that be a good reason to use it during the day? http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Formulation-Science/Vitamin-C-and-E-topical-combo-could-protect-against-sunburn-says-study?nocount

I do use my CEF in the AM, I know there is controversy but I have not ever had any issues with it during the day plus you have the issue of RA not mixing well with C and RA is night time only!
I have seen reports also about LAA having sun protection effects. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I saw best improvements when I started mixing LAA powder with my antioxidant serum and aloe Vera. I love that it has lightening exfoliating properties which my skin thrives on. I've noticed less blackheads and congestion, more glowing skin.

But I do also alternate nightly RA and copper peptides. So perhaps it's a combination of all three. I also alternate every morning with my LAA powder mix as described with "lets make collagen" by skin actives which has MAP. So Im now using different Cs every morning and i actually like it better. I'm the type of person who likes to alternate as my skin likes it, and I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak. Very Happy
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Btw forgot to add the ready made stuff like ce ferulic by ,eg,skinceutical was awful on me. It gave me more blackheads, don't know why. Freshly made daily in my hand, just plain ol LAA muuuuuuch better Very Happy
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you dionie! Can you please explain how you mix it in your hand? How much do you use exactly? And what antioxidant serum do you mean? I'm new to this! Very Happy
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thank you dionie! Can you please explain how you mix it in your hand? How much do you use exactly? And what antioxidant serum do you mean? I'm new to this! Very Happy

EG I use the LAA powder by osmisis, but I also have the skinactives one which is just LAA (I think osmosis is a blend). But I use it the same way as I will describe below and seems to work just as well.

I use the little scoop that came with it and put it in my palm. I add a couple drops of aloe vera and a pump of replenish antioxidant serum. The I just rub it all in my skin.

The LAA powder by osmosis is suppose to be applied like this. One scoop with a pump or two of their serums. I'm pretty sure it gives about 15% so you could do a bit extra to get a higher percentage. I really just wing it now...a bit like my cooking I never measure anything out after I've done it a couple of times...LOL

Its really nice...then I wait and put my other stuff on. I actually feel a tingle too so I know its working Very Happy
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Cookie and DM, that was my understanding as well. C in the AM, RA at night. But yes, there's controversy about it!

dionie, thank you so much for your post!! Very Happy It appears one scoop of the osmosis C = 10% C. That's what it says on their site. Which I think is what I'd want to start with as my skin is very sensitive and I've never used LAA before. hmm Does anyone know if the osmosis C powder could be mixed with some fragrance-free Olay Regenerist serum in my hand? I know PH is an issue so I just wonder if I could mix it with that or would the C not work? I suppose my question goes for LAA powder as well. Or do I not need to worry about PH since the osmosis powder is meant to be mixed with things? Confused
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I suppose I could also mix it with a little bit of water if it wasn't ok to mix it with the olay serum. hmm But I wonder if there is a certain amount of serum or water you're supposed to mix the powder with to make it equal 10%. Or does it just equal 10% automatically because of the scoop, regardless of the amount of liquid it's mixed with? This goes for LAA powder too. Can you just mix a certain amount of grams with any amount of liquid and it equals 10%? Or does the liquid amount change the concentration of LAA? Does anyone know?
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I remember asking a similar question about if I add any LAA powder with my aloe vera or other lotions does it change the PH too much? The response I got was basically if I felt a little tingle then you would know the PH was not too high.Makessense with how it feels on my skin. But you could always test the ph yourself??

As for the 10% concentration I would say that the concentration would be the same if you add no more than say 2 pumps worth of a serum. For eg I add a scoop and a bit (as I like a bit more that 10%) in 1 pump of serum and a couple drops of aloe vera. I figure it still keeps the percentage the same. If I was to add more serum or lotion I'm not sure exactly how the % would change.I would say it it does. Perhaps you could email the company you will buy the LAA powder from and ask? I would love to know too.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
According to the skinactives website they're new LAA powder with the antiox serum says you can control the percentage. The whole tube of powder in the serum would give 20% concentration, so half a tube perhaps 10% then. The fluid is 30ml, but not sure how much powder there is. If you found out it could perhaps let you work out, or give you an idea to make a couple mls in your palm? So perhaps you could work out the concentration from that. I'm sure there's calculators out there too that work it out? I remember someone posting it once but cant remember where.

http://www.skinactives.com/Vitamin-C-Serum-Ascorbic-Acid-L.html
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you dionie! Very Happy Writing them is a good idea. Thank you so much for your description about how you use your powder. Very Happy I've seen others say they do this too but forget where it was!

Does anyone else use LAA in the palm of their hand as their application? If yes, how do you like to do it?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |