Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

colostrum supplementation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I first read about this in the late 90s as an anti aging supplement but then stopped hearing about it as other supplements like resveratrol became more popular. Does anyone use this?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hmm suprised people don't know more about this; colostrum I've read has fountain of youth qualities:
http://www.alignlife.com/articles/acidity/Colostrum_Holds_Key_to_Fountain_of_Youth.html

I first read this article in the late 90s:
http://www.icnr.org/articles/has-she-found-the-fountain-of-youth.html

Maybe this thread should be moved.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
It really is miraculous stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of the peptides are broken down in the digestive tract. Still there is a lot of evidence that it fights inflammation and enhances immunity.

I don't think the fountain of youth exists. We all age, grow old and die, point is to do so as well as we can to keep quality of life as high as possible.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

I don't think the fountain of youth exists. We all age, grow old and die, point is to do so as well as we can to keep quality of life as high as possible.

Very well said, and I could not agree with you more!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Personally I'm gonna keep on believin. Come on, this forum is all about spraying Ageless Secret Gold on your face then blowdrying and doing LED. Colostrum is probably really good and could just kick myself for not using it the last 10 years.

Here is the best brand from what I've read, Surthrival. Note the good skin:
http://www.surthrival.com/portfolios/colostrum/
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Purely anecdotal but this is my experience w/bovine colostrum supplements:

I took it for about a year to treat toenail fungus that I had been battling for 10 years (from wearing someone else's shoes...not a good idea anyway). I also trimmed the fungus areas of the nails back to the quick and kept my feet dry.

It took about a year, but the fungus was cured and hasnt come back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Personally I'm gonna keep on believin. Come on, this forum is all about spraying Ageless Secret Gold on your face then blowdrying and doing LED.

LOL. Believe me, I am still searching for that "ageless secret". I am a realist, however, and do not believe in the fountain of youth, but that doesn't mean I am going to go down without a fight!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
gretchen wrote:
Personally I'm gonna keep on believin. Come on, this forum is all about spraying Ageless Secret Gold on your face then blowdrying and doing LED.

LOL. Believe me, I am still searching for that "ageless secret". I am a realist, however, and do not believe in the fountain of youth, but that doesn't mean I am going to go down without a fight!

Hi Rileygirl, let me know when you find the secret. I want in. Maybe we can build a time machine for our face. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
LOL. I will let you know if I ever find it, Cookie! (Time machine for the face - now that could be a real money maker if it would work!) Very Happy
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got interested in colustrum last year but never started taking it. If you look on iherb there is a variety of price points and almost everyone seems to get benefit

http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=colustrum&x=9&y=14
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
It's apparently a pretty rad supplement:
http://www.secrets-of-longevity-in-humans.com/colostrum-benefits.html

Organic colostrum benefits and rebuilds the human body at a deep foundational level

It builds, repairs, strengthens and restores:

~the hormonal system back to levels associated with youth
~the immune system to it's top fighting form
~the digestive system to it's optimal function
~and it even provides you with every basic essential nutrient known
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
All,

I have been discussing colustrum with Lotusether, and she shared that it is often used as part of the media used to grow stem cells. Shock I found this a bit surprising considering that a stem cell expert recently referred to it as archaic (or something like that) when referencing an Environ Colostrum product. But this leads me to believe that it definitely more beneficial that some people would like us to believe.

Here is an article about stem cell media, if you are interested in reading more...there are some bovine colostrum footnotes, and I will be looking for more info later.

Serum-free Cell Culture: The Serum-free Media Interactive Online Database
http://www.goodcellculture.com/media/documents/ALTEX27_53_2010.pdf

Then I found the Stem Cell Worx product that states "Colostrum – is a natural vaccine that supports the body's natural release of adult stem cells from the bone marrow into the blood stream." (FYI...I have NO idea of this stuff works or not)
http://www.stemcellworx.com.au/

Lotusesther is doing her own DIY Colostrum facial treatment, which can be found here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46554

To Gretchen's point about colostrum as a supplement, I was also surprised to see so much info on colostrum improving leaky gut (which I am sure I have). I may have to start taking this stuff into my protein shakes!

http://www.naturalnews.com/031500_colostrum_leaky_gut_syndrome.html

http://www.adultstemcellfoundation.org/adukt-stem-cell-foundation-endorses-Colostrum-MAX.html

There is more research for me to do, but I am going to definitely spend some time looking into this further! Who needs new skincare technology if the old stuff may work just as well? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
http://www.google.com/patents/US4440860

There are several studies on the internet about the use of colostrum as part of cell culture medium.

For the geeks among us, here an overview of growth factors etc. in colostrum:

http://newimagegroup.co.nz/manager/images/stories/documents/growth%20factors%20and%20antimicrobial%20factors%20in%20colostrum%20pakkanen%20and%20aalto.pdf
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
http://www.google.com/patents/US4440860

There are several studies on the internet about the use of colostrum as part of cell culture medium.

For the geeks among us, here an overview of growth factors etc. in colostrum:

http://newimagegroup.co.nz/manager/images/stories/documents/growth%20factors%20and%20antimicrobial%20factors%20in%20colostrum%20pakkanen%20and%20aalto.pdf

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany and Lotusesther. Very interesting links.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered and started taking a colostrum supplement today in tablet form...it tastes fruity, so I am over the first hump of a possible bad taste. I'll let you know if I experience any changes!

http://www.firstmilking.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, let me know when you find the secret. I want in. Maybe we can build a time machine for our face. Laughing

can you do one for the whole body please!!! ok I am game to take the suppliment

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been adding Colostrum Powder into my morning protein shake for a couple of months - I've also been using the Environ Colostrum Gel which I'm not that crazy about. Nothing to report as yet.

I've just seen Lotusesther's thread about DIYing a colostrum serum, so might give that a go with my powder - I wonder if it would dissolve in Aloe Vera Gel?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:36 am      Reply with quote
The Colostrum Powder mixes beautifully into the Aloe Vera Gel - it makes a rather lovely creamy consistency. I rubbed it into the back of my hands and it left them feeling and looking as though I'd applied a silicone product - very, very smooth. It sunk right in, was a little tacky but then dried completely. It also smells lovely!

I'm going to try this on my face in the morning - I already mix my Vitamin C Powder into Aloe Vera Gel so I think I'll just add a small scoop of the Colostrum Powder into the mix as well. Will update in the morning what I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The Colostrum Powder mixes beautifully into the Aloe Vera Gel - it makes a rather lovely creamy consistency. I rubbed it into the back of my hands and it left them feeling and looking as though I'd applied a silicone product - very, very smooth. It sunk right in, was a little tacky but then dried completely. It also smells lovely!

I'm going to try this on my face in the morning - I already mix my Vitamin C Powder into Aloe Vera Gel so I think I'll just add a small scoop of the Colostrum Powder into the mix as well. Will update in the morning what I think.

This is exactly what I felt with the stemulation products, so it was the aloe! Those felt as if they left a film on my face, stayed a bit tacky, does this do that on you?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Much cheaper than Environ too!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Keliu wrote:

This is exactly what I felt with the stemulation products, so it was the aloe! Those felt as if they left a film on my face, stayed a bit tacky, does this do that on you?

I've been mixing Vitamin Powder with Aloe for around 18 months now and have no problem with it being sticky or leaving a film on my face. I apply this directly after cleansing but leave around ten minutes before I continue with my other serus. Also I get no balling up.

Adding the Colostrum Powder turned the gel creamy - it was only sticky for a few moments then sunk right in and left my skin very smooth - but I wouldn't describe it as a film on the skin. Also, after I apply the Aloe and C I wash my hands because of the tackiness - I didn't need to wash my hands after mixing in the Colostrum Powder.

It's morning here and I'm about to go through my a.m. routine - so I'll report back after I've tried my new mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to say that I've been going through tubes of Aloe lately because I use it as a conductor for my microcurrent and ultrasound treatments - and I don't wash it off the face afterwards. I have no problem whatsoever with any tacky feeling or balling up of products which I apply later on. I can't say the same for the Environ Colostrum Gel - that balls up with my other products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I might add this to as ingredient in one of my other creams and use it with the short needled roller.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |