Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microcurrent tips and tricks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone want to share their special moves they use with their at home microcurrent machines here? I've done a series of YouTube videos featuring my favorite techniques to lift droopy eyelids and sagging jowls.

http://youtu.be/MJVu7-CV3qw (lift jowls)
http://youtu.be/VNyYBxIPNmY (droopy eyebrows)

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician
Austin, TX

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
really impressive Christine! Your skin is flawless too. can you share what products you use and your lifestyle>
thanx for posting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie,

Well, I have just about every machine and gadget in the book but I use Nerium AD at night. Image skincare during the day. Nerium is a mlm, by the way, but a freaking amazing product (right now they only have one). I was super skeptical, since I don't dig mlms, but he'll, it's a great product, and I didn't want to give my friend her product back, so I got on autoship. Anyway, I do vitamins and lots of water, but my diet is kinda crap, and I don't exercise much. But I have a 2 year old, and she keeps me busy and young. Plus I absolutely love what I do for a living, and my clients are awesome (I've been doing this for a while, almost 14 years). I have a mostly microcurrent clientele and let me tell you, they look amazing. If you do nothing else after 40, do microcurrent! Sorry I wrote a book here!

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Christine! Appreciate your taking time to respond. This def looks more powerful (and complicated to learn) than the NuSkin galvanic thingie (waste of money).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Does anyone want to share their special moves they use with their at home microcurrent machines here? I've done a series of YouTube videos featuring my favorite techniques to lift droopy eyelids and sagging jowls.

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician
Austin, TX

Hi girltocb, I've watched some of your YouTube videos and they are really good. I know in one of them you were talking about what kind of machine you use and you said you didn't what to recommend any home use machines right now. Have you changed your mind and are there any ones for home use that you like are worth it. Obviously they would be a lot weaker then yours but could be used more often to get some kind of results. Thanks for any help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Christine - I have a question about conductive gel. I have the conductive gel for use with microcurrent and ultrasound devices - however, I prefer to use Aloe Vera Gel and not wash it off afterwards. Is this ok?

Also - I know that the double wand machines like yours have a positive and negative wand. Does it matter where these are placed? Because on my machine, I can't tell which is which!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 am      Reply with quote
One more question - how many times a week should we use microcurrent and can ultrasound be used on the same day or should there be a rest period - if so, how long?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
One more question - how many times a week should we use microcurrent and can ultrasound be used on the same day or should there be a rest period - if so, how long?

The salon protocol, is 10 treatments, 2/week with a top up once a month to maintain the results.

Ultrasound and micro current can be used on the same day.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:31 am      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician
Austin, TX

Brilliant videos Christine, I use CACI, and follow their protocol for lifting, but I love your ideas on lifting the eye area, thanks so much for sharing.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I'm working today but I will answer later when I'm off.

photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Christine - I have a question about conductive gel. I have the conductive gel for use with microcurrent and ultrasound devices - however, I prefer to use Aloe Vera Gel and not wash it off afterwards. Is this ok?

Also - I know that the double wand machines like yours have a positive and negative wand. Does it matter where these are placed? Because on my machine, I can't tell which is which!

The important part of the gel used for micro current and ultrasound is the water content, so if the aloe vera gel has a high water content, it will transmit current and transmit ultrasound.

Microcurrent, using alternating current so the the polarity is constantly changing, so it doesn't matter which probe is positive or negative. If you were using a galvanic treatment, which is direct current, they the polarity is vitally important.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes what pq said is true. Some machines require polarized probes to have specific placement. I steered clear of those types because they seemed too complicated, and I wasn't sure if they were true microcurrent (possibly galvanic, which uses polarity to either push or pull fluids into/ of out the skin.). So my machine switches back and forth like pq said and placement is foolproof (somewhat).

Yes Fawnie, the nuskin galvanic is for product penetration. Any lifting it may do it due to the temporary plumping effect, but it won't shorten elongated muscles or relax tightened and spasming muscles of thee face like mc can.

CookieD, I will be trying my moms face aster when I go home in a few weeks. I'll let you know what I think. I hear the nuface is pretty good, but older models don't have the wands. Make sure your unit has wands for best results.

Keliu, aloe vera is a fantastic conducting gel. If you like it and it has no added oils, use it.

Microcurrent and ultrasound can be done on the same day. It may be a little overstimulating if you have sensitive skin. However, I find the more technologies I use on a client, the better the results (but I usually max out at 3 or 4 per treatment.)

The rule of thumb is 12 treatments, 2x per week for 6 weeks to start for those 50 and older. But it all depends on your technique, muscle tone, water intake, if you smoke, diet and lifestyle. I have a 76 year old client who has responded ridiculously well to microcurrent in just 6 sessions. She's thin and in very good health. She also juices.

PQ, I'm going to pick your brain on some electrical stuff, but I got a client coming. Got stood up for my first client, ouch. It happens but not so much anymore. Sigh.

CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu I know Christine has a YouTube video where she talks about different conductive gels she uses and like. I watched it yesterday. If you google it with her name you can probably find it.
She does talk about using different brands of aloe Vera gels in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Yes what pq said is true. Some machines require polarized probes to have specific placement. I steered clear of those types because they seemed too complicated, and I wasn't sure if they were true microcurrent (possibly galvanic, which uses polarity to either push or pull fluids into/ of out the skin.). So my machine switches back and forth like pq said and placement is foolproof (somewhat).

Yes Fawnie, the nuskin galvanic is for product penetration. Any lifting it may do it due to the temporary plumping effect, but it won't shorten elongated muscles or relax tightened and spasming muscles of thee face like mc can.

CookieD, I will be trying my moms face aster when I go home in a few weeks. I'll let you know what I think. I hear the nuface is pretty good, but older models don't have the wands. Make sure your unit has wands for best results.

Keliu, aloe vera is a fantastic conducting gel. If you like it and it has no added oils, use it.

Microcurrent and ultrasound can be done on the same day. It may be a little overstimulating if you have sensitive skin. However, I find the more technologies I use on a client, the better the results (but I usually max out at 3 or 4 per treatment.)

The rule of thumb is 12 treatments, 2x per week for 6 weeks to start for those 50 and older. But it all depends on your technique, muscle tone, water intake, if you smoke, diet and lifestyle. I have a 76 year old client who has responded ridiculously well to microcurrent in just 6 sessions. She's thin and in very good health. She also juices.

PQ, I'm going to pick your brain on some electrical stuff, but I got a client coming. Got stood up for my first client, ouch. It happens but not so much anymore. Sigh.

No problem Christine.

A good rule of thumb, for an effective treatment is the subject should be well hydrated, before the treatment.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Make sure your unit has wands for best results.

Mine has two wands - but they require dampened Q-tips to be inserted in the ends of them. I don't like that idea much but, that's what I've got.

To be honest, I've had my machine packed away because I found it quite tiring to use the two wands on myself. But after having watched your videos I've resurrected it. I was very impressed with your jowl lifting video - I could really see a difference - and your demonstration made it look so easy.

This is the machine I have:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Microcurrent-Faradic-Facial-Lifting-Toning-Machine-Spa-/150638524647?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item2312c178e7

I bought it a few years ago - I'm sure I didn't pay that much for it though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I've used that machine! It is a backup machine an esthy friend has for her second office here in Austin. (her first is the Compulift. NIce but expensive)

I'm sorry to say I just couldn't get the settings right. The day after I would give myself treatments my skin looked dull, dry and tired. It didn't help that all the instructions were in chinese. Very frustrating. My friend had it checked out and did her research before she bought it (she paid $650 for it.). I don't know. Training is everything with these machines so I probably was using it wrong. I just remember really being able to feel the current at times. Like it made my forehead and scalp "zing" like crazy. This only occasionally happens with my Jade microcurrent machine now. Does this happen to you? It seems like such a great machine.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Keliu, I've used that machine! It is a backup machine an esthy friend has for her second office here in Austin. (her first is the Compulift. NIce but expensive)

I'm sorry to say I just couldn't get the settings right. The day after I would give myself treatments my skin looked dull, dry and tired. It didn't help that all the instructions were in chinese. Very frustrating. My friend had it checked out and did her research before she bought it (she paid $650 for it.). I don't know. Training is everything with these machines so I probably was using it wrong. I just remember really being able to feel the current at times. Like it made my forehead and scalp "zing" like crazy. This only occasionally happens with my Jade microcurrent machine now. Does this happen to you? It seems like such a great machine.

Well, I don't know what the heck I'm doing!! But I do have a set of instructions in Chinglish - which are worth reading just for the entertainment value.

The controls are as follows:

OUTPUT: controls intensity of current, 0 is lightest, 7 is highest.

PPS: calculate by second and shows the depth each second. For example, the PPS of 20 degree is slow, so can enter the deep layer. And the PPS of 200 is fast, so can reach only the surface layer.

SPEED: calculate by second, choose 1S-30S to operate. Only the hint of sound ring can there by the current. And the action should be finished before the end of the sound. For example, 1S can be done on the eye part while 3S can be done on the face.

CURRENT: output intensity indicator.

SET: simulate the output button. When press, adjust the OUTPUT button. From the CURRENT indicator, can reflect the practical output current intensity. (My translation: just shows the intensity of the current without having to apply probes to skin).

It's actually quite straight forward once you wade through all that.

I can feel the current (slightly) and I have it set on HIGH (of course!). But I don't feel any twitching. If I look in the mirror whilst the probes are on my face I can "see" the current (there's a funny sensation in front of my eye!)

I certainly haven't experienced any "wow" factor from using this machine. But then I probably haven't given it much of a chance either.

If you get it operating to your satisfaction and definitely like to hear about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician
Austin, TX

Love your videos! You make it look so easy. Makes me want to pull the Suzanne Somers Face Master out of moth balls and give it another go... Had the NuFace, but it broke after 2 months.

I'm lemming for a new gadget but on the fence for which one.. What is your opinion of this 'ultrasonic/ultrasound skin scrubber';
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150757483872

I'm mainly interested in product penetration...(Although a proper microcurrent isn't out of the question either...) Razz

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

It reminds me of the Biotherapeutic BT micro, which is much coveted by esthies as far as handheld/portable ultrasonic scrubbers. If it works 1/2 as well, it seems like a great buy.

That said, I really like the flat probe style for plump areas that need firming (I use it alot on clients wattles and thick cheeks or neck for firming, which seems to last a few days for them. It visibly pulls up a flabby neck, at least for a little while. And it does a nice job of collagen reorganizing on the very thin skin in neck banding, but it takes a few months of treatments for that.). But I certainly wouldn't call myself an ultrasound expert, as microcurrent is more my specialty. I'm not sure what areas of concern you have, but if you send a very clear picture to me I can tell you what modalities could help you most, in my opinion.

girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Yes I remember that beeping sound it makes. My esthy friend says you are supposed to start and finish the stroke with the sound. I always felt rushed to figure out my next move. But she did the treatment to me and my face did look nice afterwards, but she did a bunch of other stuff to me as well, so I wasn't sure what did what, except my face looked fabulous. She left it with me when she traveled back to her other practice in Miami. I got to use it for a few weeks. I really couldn't figure it out very well though. I really think I had it up too high, thus my skin looked like crap the day after and my muscles didn't looked as lifted as they do after I use my machine. My poor little ATP was plum tuckered out from being overworked the day before. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but that's my theory. I'll ask Emilia If she. Knows more about the best setting s for the machine. She understands it waaaaay better than me.

girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, by the way, when you "see the current in front of your eyes" that's the microcurrent stimulating the optic nerve. It's harmless. My clients call it the disco lights.

photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
girltwocb wrote:

Well, I don't know what the heck I'm doing!! But I do have a set of instructions in Chinglish - which are worth reading just for the entertainment value.

The controls are as follows:

OUTPUT: controls intensity of current, 0 is lightest, 7 is highest.

PPS: calculate by second and shows the depth each second. For example, the PPS of 20 degree is slow, so can enter the deep layer. And the PPS of 200 is fast, so can reach only the surface layer.

SPEED: calculate by second, choose 1S-30S to operate. Only the hint of sound ring can there by the current. And the action should be finished before the end of the sound. For example, 1S can be done on the eye part while 3S can be done on the face.

CURRENT: output intensity indicator.

SET: simulate the output button. When press, adjust the OUTPUT button. From the CURRENT indicator, can reflect the practical output current intensity. (My translation: just shows the intensity of the current without having to apply probes to skin).

It's actually quite straight forward once you wade through all that.

I can feel the current (slightly) and I have it set on HIGH (of course!). But I don't feel any twitching. If I look in the mirror whilst the probes are on my face I can "see" the current (there's a funny sensation in front of my eye!)

I certainly haven't experienced any "wow" factor from using this machine. But then I probably haven't given it much of a chance either.

If you get it operating to your satisfaction and definitely like to hear about it.

Your PPS should be set to 20-30 for lifting, you need a low frequency between 0.3Hz to 0.7Hz, your current should not be higher than 500uA maximum, so I would use a output setting of 3.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Your PPS should be set to 20-30 for lifting, you need a low frequency between 0.3Hz to 0.7Hz, your current should not be higher than 500uA maximum, so I would use a output setting of 3.

Ok, I'll turn the output down and see how that goes. I'm not convinced about this machine. I have a smaller hand-held one that's similar to the NuFace and that is so much easier to use - and I can still feel the current.

Girltwocb - I'm glad that "seeing" the current is normal!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Ok, I'll turn the output down and see how that goes. I'm not convinced about this machine. I have a smaller hand-held one that's similar to the NuFace and that is so much easier to use - and I can still feel the current.

Girltwocb - I'm glad that "seeing" the current is normal!

Keliu

Microcurrent is microcurrent, small current, as long as it is a square wave within those parameters it has to work, so I would test this machine using Christine's videos as a guide, work on a area for a week, if the machine doesn't do the job, turn the current up by 1.

The key with microcurrent is you don't have to feel any sensation during the treatment.

Another tip:

I use CACI over the entire face, use laser lipo to treat the jowl area, during one session.

Great results.

PQ

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, thanks. Now that machine makes more sense. I wanted to ask you, have you seen the neurotris Microcurrent machine? It's becoming all the rage now because of its special wands that have 4 channels and such. They actually posted a video of a lady giving a treatment. It's pretty funny, the lady is really roughing up her client. I think she's a stylist because she absolutely accosts the poor Polynesian lady she is working on. -I just looked for it, but I think they took it down. Here's another video of the inventor discussing his machine. At one point he shows their pico wands (with 4 tines, like a fork) vs. other mc wands over an argon glass globe. There are 4 streams coming from the pico wand vs. just one stream of energy coming from the others. What's your take of this? Is it still microcurrent if there are 4 streams at 500ish uA coming through the skin at the same time?

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |