Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lactic acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SamanthaMiss
5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I am just about to purchase some lactic acid, but was wondering any one's thoughts, have you used it? How do you use it? Results that kind of thing...
I am planning to dilute it with distilled water and then apply it with a cotton pad, do you wash it off?
Sorry I'm pretty clueless!
I'm hoping to use this maybe once or twice a week, to help clean out pores and resurface am I looking at the right product?
I only cleanse and moisturize at the moment.

Thanks for any help

Sam
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I dilute 88% LA with tap water, apply with a cotton pad, leave for several minutes and rinse with water. My skin is left silky soft, plumper and it has helped to clear out the clogged pores on my chin. I do this once a week to once a fortnight, more often is too much for my sensitive skin because LA does form a reservoir in the skin

"The depot effect may turn up unexpectedly under rather surprising circumstances. For example, the application of 10% lactic acid to the nasalar cheek for 10 min, followed by rinsing, is often used to identify persons with ‘sensitive skin’, who typically experience stinging, peaking in about 8 min, as originally described by Frosch and Kligman in 1977 [54]. The site was rinsed with tap water at the end of the test to remove the residue. We studied many factors that influence the stinging reaction but did not anticipate one feature that was brought to our attention by some subjects, namely that taking a shower hours after the application of 10% lactic acid resulted in recall of stinging to the original level.

We examined the recall phenomenon more closely in five women who were moderate lactic acid ‘stingers’. Recall was provoked at various intervals by covering the site with a 2″ square of non-woven cloth (Webril) saturated with water, sealed under impermeable tape for 10 min, thoroughly wetting the site. After an 1-h interval, wet Webril fully restored stinging to the original degree. After 3 h, the stinging was slightly less. By 6 h, stinging was barely perceptible in three of five subjects and was no longer evident by 24 h. In another study of the same five subjects, the lactic acid site was not rinsed off after the 10-min application. In that case, moderate stinging was recalled in four of the five subjects after a 48-h interval but was no longer perceptible after 72 h. Our interpretation is that lactic acid established a depot in the horny layer of the face, known to be more permeable than other body areas. Wetting the site swelled the horny layer releasing the stored lactic acid.
"
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2011.00644.x/full

If you need more of a deep pore cleanse you might be best doing a lactic-salicylic peel, then using LA to maintain your results. SA is fat soluble so a more effective comedolytic than LA but can be too drying for regular use.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
ErinJoy27
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
You could do that, but I prefer using Alpha-H Liquid Gold, which is Glycolic acid, or Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant. Really gentle and effective for exfoliation.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 am      Reply with quote
SamanthaMiss - if you are not experience with acids I would not suggest buying a pure acid. Maybe start with a leave on product first. Or if you really want to do peels get one thats ready to go. makeupartistschoice is one popular site for peels.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
SamanthaMiss - if you are not experience with acids I would not suggest buying a pure acid. Maybe start with a leave on product first. Or if you really want to do peels get one thats ready to go. makeupartistschoice is one popular site for peels.

Yes, MUAC is a great place to start. They are very quick to answer any questions too that you may have and their prices as very reasonable.

You really want to start slow and work your way up IMO.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help guys.
I've ordered some lactic acid from skin essentials.
I was going to test it on my neck first as it is as sensitive as my face at the moment.
I went to order off muac before but the shipping was crazy and I only wanted to sample some things.
Less is more with my skin for sure.
I even like the sounds of the dermalogica.
Once again thanks guys Smile
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention, that my neck skin is perhaps more sensitive than that on my face, so be careful.

It may just be me, since I've experienced burns from excessive manual exfoliation in the past, which may have just left me twitchy!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |