Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
NONO
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, it would probably work out okay for me since I would want to use it mainly on like my chest and arms, and I don't necessarily always keep a close shave there. But I think for most women, they want to use it on legs and face, but don't want to have to wait for stubble to grow there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Yeah, it would probably work out okay for me since I would want to use it mainly on like my chest and arms, and I don't necessarily always keep a close shave there. But I think for most women, they want to use it on legs and face, but don't want to have to wait for stubble to grow there!

exactly! couldn't of said it better myself!
Tifa333

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
ok the subject of facial hair has come up today, anyone ever use this little magic device to remove unwanted hair permanently?

Its a hand held unit, you just roll over your face, bikini, under arms, legs, back, check well anywhere on your body! within a few months or faster it is suppose to remove hair forever!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just HAD to post a reply to this. I got a NONO for free as a promotion a year or so ago, used it once on my legs and CHUCKED IT OUT!

All it is a heated filament that lowers when you press down, with a silly light that turns on and does nothing. Honestly all it does is burn the hair it passes over. Seriously. That's all it does. Imagine accidentally burning off some of your arm hair over on the stove while cooking. Not enough to burn your skin, but enough to singe the hair. That wouldn't give you permanent hair removal. It would just make your kitchen smell really bad. The NONO does the same thing. My bathroom smelled awful for hours.

I strongly recommend against buying this overpriced, useless, smelly contraption. It's all marketing and no results. The only thing that has ever worked for me to permanently remove hair is laser treatment.
Best. Investment. Ever.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, nono is completely useless ( at least for me), and after u use it u smell like a fire roasted chicken with burnt feathers! and yes, u do feel the stubble and u cannot remove hair from the curves... so I had to use the razor too...I bought it from Sephora , used it few times and returned it...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
OK. Two more votes of no....NO NO! I knew I had to tune out those commercials for a reason! Laughing

Thanks all! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Well I hear a resounding NO-NO for the NO NO!!! rofl

thank you all for saving me hundreds, back to the razors for my poor legs!

and I definately do not want to smell burnt "anything" when shaving!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
OK. Two more votes of no....NO NO! I knew I had to tune out those commercials for a reason! Laughing

Thanks all! Smile

yes.. may be it works for Japanese women, they are so scantly hairy already!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

i am going to start another thread re a simple device i bought for leg hair, I am liking it so far!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:

i am going to start another thread re a simple device i bought for leg hair, I am liking it so far!

If I don't smell like burnt chicken when using it, post away!! Laughing Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Thanks all! Smile

yes.. may be it works for Japanese women, they are so scantly hairy already!

Maybe daler,

I know I had read the previous threads and was going to search them out but we had the web site issues!

I do recall they made me think a resounding no to spending on a NO NO! Laughing

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
If I don't smell like burnt chicken when using it, post away!! Laughing Laughing

I've read mixed reviews on epilators. They actually rip the hair out of you. (yay?) They might be worth looking into.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tifa333 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I've read mixed reviews on epilators. They actually rip the hair out of you. (yay?) They might be worth looking into.

oh noooooooooooooo I used one of those in my late 20's maybe early 30's, I am old memories foggy now, and omg it was awful, didnt slow down anything, other than I got the joy of ripping hair out just as often! I prefer not needing to drink while I shave
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. CHICKEN FRIED TINY!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Tifa333 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

oh noooooooooooooo I used one of those in my late 20's maybe early 30's, I am old memories foggy now, and omg it was awful, didnt slow down anything, other than I got the joy of ripping hair out just as often! I prefer not needing to drink while I shave

The Epi-Torture device? I used it once and tossed it, that HURTS! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Tifa333 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

The Epi-Torture device? I used it once and tossed it, that HURTS! Shock

oh no, it's not the epilator, I tried those a decade ago n was horrible!

Following is the thread :
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6470865#6470865
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:

me thinks a few on here would pay to see that Shock
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
NO NO NO NO NO NO! We won't allow that! rofl rofl rofl rofl

Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:

me thinks a few on here would pay to see that Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tifa333 wrote:
Tiny wrote:
ok the subject of facial hair has come up today, anyone ever use this little magic device to remove unwanted hair permanently?

Its a hand held unit, you just roll over your face, bikini, under arms, legs, back, check well anywhere on your body! within a few months or faster it is suppose to remove hair forever!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just HAD to post a reply to this. I got a NONO for free as a promotion a year or so ago, used it once on my legs and CHUCKED IT OUT!

All it is a heated filament that lowers when you press down, with a silly light that turns on and does nothing. Honestly all it does is burn the hair it passes over. Seriously. That's all it does. Imagine accidentally burning off some of your arm hair over on the stove while cooking. Not enough to burn your skin, but enough to singe the hair. That wouldn't give you permanent hair removal. It would just make your kitchen smell really bad. The NONO does the same thing. My bathroom smelled awful for hours.

I strongly recommend against buying this overpriced, useless, smelly contraption. It's all marketing and no results. The only thing that has ever worked for me to permanently remove hair is laser treatment.
Best. Investment. Ever.

Thank you Tiffa, you won, on biggest reason not to buy, besides all other reasons, which were grand! If my house smells like its on fire, I am not using it lmaooooooooooo
Tifa333

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Thank you Tiffa, you won, on biggest reason not to buy, besides all other reasons, which were grand! If my house smells like its on fire, I am not using it lmaooooooooooo

Thanks, Tiny!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Tifa333 wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Thanks, Tiny!

Thank you Tifa for reminding me not to buy a NO NO! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

Ryan you might want to check out this other product Daler found, since you do your chest and arms, it really might be perfect! I would assume while you can get away with stubble, you might not want it either Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, my sister picked up one of these. I just got off the phone with her and asked her about it.

She says it's a pc. of junk. A match would do a better job.

So another no-no...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Hey everyone, my sister picked up one of these. I just got off the phone with her and asked her about it.

So another no-no...

LOL. Claudia,

So much for all those darn infomercials! Laughing

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

So another no-no...

Yes! I honestly can't believe it's still on the market. You'd think they'd be sued for false advertisement and for insulting our intelligence.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Claudia I hope she returned it though - they've got a 60 day money back guarantee here in the UK and sure they must have something similar in the US!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |