Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Has anyone read either of Leslie Baumann's books?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
There are two. Skin Type Solutions and Cosmetic Dermatology. Has anyone read either of these? If so, what are your thoughts? And is Cosmetic Dermatology worth the hefty price tag? This one looks like what I've been looking for in a dermatology book for a long time. I have several Dermatology textbooks but none mainly focusing on cosmetic dermatology!

You can download Cosmetic Dermatology free at a few sites!

http://www.meduweb.com/showthread.php?t=8875

http://ebookbrowse.com/textbook-of-cosmetic-dermatology-fourth-pdf-d79543343

http://www.dl4all.com/ext/tag/Textbook+of+Cosmetic+Dermatology.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Wth? LMAO!!! Where would we be without you DM! LaughingLaughingLaughing Thank you!! You're fabulousity. lmao.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:
Another suggestion: borrow it from a library.

If your library has an Interlibary Loan system, they can often get any book from any other library in the world for a small fee.

Thanks VeronicaM. Great idea! I like to own things though for reference. Seems like a book I'd like to have! Very Happy

OMG. You sound like me....I just want THE BOOK! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

If your library has an Interlibary Loan system, they can often get any book from any other library in the world for a small fee.

Thanks VeronicaM. Great idea! I like to own things though for reference. Seems like a book I'd like to have! Very Happy

I know, a nice mint copy to add to my collection would be nice! Very Happy I'm such a geek. When I was 16 I begged my Mom for a whole set of brand new encyclopedias. I still have them! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

I know, a nice mint copy to add to my collection would be nice! Very Happy

LOL. I worked at Borders for a while when studying for my PC tech cert. and boy did I add to an already HUGE collection of books!

You should see how many bookshelves I own, all full! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
It seems like we're kindred spirits.

I love books as well because they're usually well-written and generally a reliable source of information. As a bonus, they include bibliographies through which you can read deeper into the topic.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

I know, a nice mint copy to add to my collection would be nice! Very Happy

LOL. I worked at Borders for a while when studying for my PC tech cert. and boy did I add to an already HUGE collection of books!

You should see how many bookshelves I own, all full! Laughing

LOL!!! You'd laugh at my bookcase. I got to keep my moms bookshelf when she died. It's really tall. It's stuffed with books so bad it's tilted forward. And that's even with losing half my books in a move. I'm only like 5'1.. I'm pretty sure I'd be crushed if the damn bookshelf falls on me lmao! I'm having to store books under my bed LOL. I DREAM of having a library room one day with huge in-wall bookshelves!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

I love books as well because they're usually well-written and generally a reliable source of information. As a bonus, they include bibliographies through which you can read deeper into the topic.

Totally agree!

I have so many on various subjects, I was always an avid reader and all 4 of my kids picked up the same habit. I often wonder if being surrounded by books made them that way! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Totally agree!

I have so many on various subjects, I was always an avid reader and all 4 of my kids picked up the same habit. I often wonder if being surrounded by books made them that way!

It probably did. Young children usually copy their parents' behavior.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

Smile I agree! I just got a fantastic new booklight VeronicaM! It's a purple flex-effect Mighty Bright booklight. (I think that's what it's called.) Best booklight ever. Really bright with two settings. Maybe a tad too bright lol.

DM, my Mom liked to read too. One of my favorite things was reading to her when I was little. I'd read HER to sleep LOL. I definitely picked up reading because of her, so I bet your kids did too for that reason. Smile Even when I couldn't read and was very little, I'd still see the books and be curious about them and open them etc. I think having the books around created a love for reading!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

Smile I agree! I just got a fantastic new booklight VeronicaM! It's a purple flex-effect Mighty Bright booklight. (I think that's what it's called.) Best booklight ever. Really bright with two settings. Maybe a tad too bright lol.

DM, my Mom liked to read too. One of my favorite things was reading to her when I was little. I'd read HER to sleep LOL. I definitely picked up reading because of her, so I bet your kids did too for that reason. Smile Even when I couldn't read and was very little, I'd still see the books and be curious about them and open them etc. I think having the books around created a love for reading!

I agree EG and Veronica,

I did read to all of mine from a very early age, my oldest was reading by three. I would start to read her a book and she would reach for it and start reading to me! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |