Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mini-Review and Question about Rosa y Fruta
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I recently tried Rosa y Fruta cleanser (Damascena de Rosa), toner (Champagne de Rosa), moisturizer (Lustre de Rosa) and eye cream (Crema de Rubiora).

So far, I'm less than thrilled. The first three products are all sprays -- I'm having trouble getting used to a spray-on cleanser and moisturizer (I'm starting to feel like a potted plant). The eye cream is a bit gritty (!!!). And I really REALLY don't like the smell/fragrance -- although others on this forum love it.

But the worst thing is that after only one day, I started to break out. And, frankly, I don't buy into the whole "your skin is cleansing/purging/detoxifying itself" routine. EVERY product that causes breakouts seems to make that claim.

I emailed Rosa y Fruta and found, to my cost, that they do not take returns or make refunds (slapping myself silly now, for not reading their policy on their website before I placed my order).

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!

-Julie[/u]
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the ones you posted about - I do have a little jar of Ambrosia and also of the scrub. I do like the scrub but it's not going to replace the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream for me - which is cheaper and also less messy. The Ambrosia is very nice (I can only use at night though because it makes my face all shiny) and I do like the smell.

In terms of spray on stuff - why not try spraying it on the palm of your hand first and then applying it? That's what I do with spray-on toners sometimes.

I actually do think that there is a lot of truth to the "skin purging" theory about skin. But IMO that only really applies when the product is an exfoliating or a deep cleansing one. I'm not sure what is in the RyF products you're using though. It is also possible that your skin is just reacting to the change in regime or, simply, that these products are not suitable for your skin. Did you stop after the one day or did you continue using?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Julie - so sorry to hear RYF isn't doing it for you.

I am a big fan of their Ambrosia cream, and I do like the Champagne Toner as well. I don't use the other products that you refer to.

At first, the strong rose smell did nothing for me either, and though I don't "love" it now, my nose got used to it, b/c for me the Ambrosia really made my skin look and feel so soft and hydrated I was willing to deal with it.

I'm not a big fan of sprays to wash my face with either, so I understand where you're coming from there.

Do you think you might want to give it a little more time and see if your skin adjusts to it? That's what happened with me, and now I really do like it -- I don't use it every day, only when my skin is feeling extra dry from this cold New England weather. I use the Ambrosia at night too and my face wakes up nice and soft the next day. On regular days, I love Skinceuticals Emollience.

Sorry you didn't have a better experience.

Maria

5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Update:

I stopped using the RyF and went back to Murad. Breakouts stopped, pimples cleared up. The I decided to give the RyF another go -- especially since I've spent over $100 on the stuff, and I can't send it back (grrrrrrrrr). One day of use = 3 big new zits.

*sigh*

This has happened to me before (I have very sensitive skin, I guess), but the thing that infuriates me is that now I'm stuck with it, and I wasted so much money.

-Julie
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
You can post on delphi's MMM forum and sell/swap your RYF products. At least you can get some of the money back...

I wasn't into swapping but was able just to sell some stuff that didn't work for me with no problem.

Good luck!
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SO much! How do I get to Delphi's MMM Forum?

-Julie
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Julie,
I had the same problem with ambrosia cream. I started using it and I loved the way my skin felt. I was not particularly crazy about the smell though. The worse nightmare started after a few days. I broke out in the most unusual places, places where I never break out- like below my nose and above and on the lips. Those were the most painful zits I had in a long long time. Stoped using the cream and everything is back to normal.
You are really brave that you went back to it! I just couldn't convince myself.
I just started using Dr.H products and I love it. No break outs even though this is the first time I am using Dr.H's products. May be you might want to give it a try one day.
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
kpka,

That is EXACTLY what's happening to me! right above my lip! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!??!?!?!?!
-Julie
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Julie,
I wish I knew why lips. And it is not like this is the first time I am applying cream above my lips. Tell you the truth: when I woke up and saw myself in the mirrow I could not leave my apartment for 3 days!!! I looked scary!!! I still have hyperpigmented spots which hopefully will go away with Vit C Rolling Eyes
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Julie,

Here is the link to delphi (where the RYF mania started Smile

http://forums.delphiforums.com/mineralmania/start

You do need to create an account first in order to post.

Good luck!
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you mtview! I'll post right now!
-Julie
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE: I joined delphi and have to wait 24 hours to post. Is there a particualr forum where you think I should post this?

Thanks!

-Julie
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Besides MMM (the link I previously provided), there is an all natural skincare forum. I don't remember if there is a sell/swap folder.
Delphi forum is not the easiest to navigate, just fyi.

Good luck in selling your products.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |