Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oily/Acne Prone Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christinec

Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I need help regarding my skin. I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores on my nose + acne scar and so far, what I did:

AM:
Cleanse with Neutrogena
Toner (Neutrogena Pore Refining)
Differin gel (as suggested by my doctor)
H20 plus moisturizer
SPF 15

PM:
Cleanse
Toner
Differin
H2O plus night cream

Thus far, with differin, my pores are getting smaller but I realized my acne scar is still there. I would need suggestions on:

1) What cleanser is good for my skin type? I heard many good things about MD Formulations.

2) What moisturizer+toner+spf is good for oily/acne prone skin?

Your help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Magda

Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:09 am      Reply with quote
MD Formulation Cleanser for Oily Skin seams to be very good choice for your skin. It contains glycolic acid and it will gently exfoliate away your scars and minimize pores.

You should also incorporate Md Facial Lotion into your regime. (three times a week) and Md Formulation Hydrating Gel as your moisturizer.
For a sunblock I would recommend DDF Sun Gel. It is oil free and has a very light texture.
for toner I would suggest : MD Formulation Moisture Defense Antioxidant Spray
Abbey

Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I am not familiar enough with the H2O line, but I am sure you are using a moisturizer that is oil-free & non-comedegenic (sp?? - won't clog pores)

But, also, make sure your SPF is oil free too. Another thought to keep in mind is that sometimes, if your skin is prone to breakout, SPF can be a catalyst to this. So, if you are going to use an SPF on your face, make sure it is no higher that 15 or 16.

My skin is sensative and combination, and I found that as long as I stick to an SPF of 6 or 8 ONLY, that I don't have a reaction of any type.

Keep in mind, that most foundations have SPF in them - now a days, seems most have about 8-16, so if you are using a moisturizer that has SPF, and a foundation that has SPF, remember to add up the numbers to see how much spf you are really using.

In regards to scars, exfoliating and rejuvinating your cell process will assist with that. Vitamin K and/or Vitamin E works well on scars, but takes some time.

Check out this serum, which will act as an exfoliater, rejuvinator and more, plus it will eliminate scarring quicker (I had two scars that went away within a month)
www.bynouveau.com

Hope this helped as far as tips. Sounds like you have a good 'ritual' down, so stick to it and you will see the results!

Abbey

Abbey Landis Want to know how your skin really works and learn simple, proven ways to make your skin healthier and help rid of those wrinkles? (Hint: this is without lotions and potions and you you can do these immediately) Click below to get your 4 day Ecourse "Learn About Your Skin and Use Unique Methods To Improve It" ($25 value, but $0 for you!) mailto:4daycourse@improveyourlife.par32.com?subject=subscribe
magic_girl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:40 am      Reply with quote
[quot
In regards to scars, exfoliating and rejuvinating your cell process will assist with that. Vitamin K and/or Vitamin E works well on scars, but takes some time.

Check out this serum, which will act as an exfoliater, rejuvinator and more, plus it will eliminate scarring quicker (I had two scars that went away within a month)
www.bynouveau.com

Hope this helped as far as tips. Sounds like you have a good 'ritual' down, so stick to it and you will see the results!

Abbey [/quote]

heloo.. i also got problem bout scar from previous acne. Now my acne getting better already but the scar still very obvious. The product u recommend where can purchase it?? I m from Malaysia. Thanks
Pegasus
5% products discount

Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you would like to give the Alpha-H skincare range a go. They have products especially formulated for oily/acne prone skins and many of their customers have had remarkable results. The products are very gentle and easy to use.Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |