Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
ALGENIST DEEP WRINKLE MINIMIZER
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pinkie
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
This product was rated a 2 out of a possible 5 from 135 QVC reviewers (as of todays date).
I give it a 1. Sorry Algenist because some of your other products seem to have great ratings.
Thanks to QVC's return policies, I was able to give this product a fair chance.
QVC/ALGENIST (led me? I really don't remember any longer) to believe this was similiar to fillers, so I thought wrongfully, place on an unwanted line and (eventually) puff goes the magic dragon.

This product seems/feels as though it contains silicones ( but I'm not certain ) that sit on top of the skin. This product did not improve or give me any sign of skin improvement. This may work for someone who wears a concealer/makeup over the product for a temporary smoothing look.
The problem with me and others like me , is that we are desperately working on having or keeping great skin so we don't have to wear makeup. My skin glows with Vitamin C Serum and I'll be darned if I cover that healthy look up with makeup.

Good news is that QVC guarantees their products with a 30 day unquestioned return policy. I returned it on the 28th day and received a postcard confirmation telling me that I am being refunded the total amounts, including shipping, handling and tax where applicable.
So no loss, Thankyou QVC.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I saw that presentation too, and it was very tempting! But I stopped from buying it, thinking it was going to be another product just like you described. Thanks for the review, next time I see it, I won't wonder!

Have you used any of their other products, the reviews are either fabulous or iffy or downright not very good. Confused A bit confusing on rather these products in their line are good.
Pinkie
5% products discount

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes, many mixed reviews. Maybe they haven't targeted to the correct consumer? The product I reviewed, maybe? should have been targeted as a primer to the older, makeup wearing community.

I have also used the Algenist anti-aging moisturizer.
It came as a very generous sample within the TESTTUBE BEAUTY ( Tiny, have you ordered the TESTTUBE BEAUTY? I love it! ).
I actually used the Algenist for my neck and it was very nice, making my skin soft and dewy.
My sister LOVED her sample and I have to admit her face looked great while using it.
However, I did not make a purchase for the full size product.
Call me a face snob or what have you, but
I’m selective and the anti-aging moisturizer just wasn’t the Holy Grail ( for me ).

Tiny, the one product that I’ve used and everyone took note of a positive change, including myself, was the Purity Cleanser ( I don’t like their moisturizer ).
After I used, people were asking me what I did to my face, “your complexion looks so much better”.
The only one I shared the answer with was my sister who started using it and also took note of a very positive change.

Take note, I am 51 years old.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Pinkie wrote:
Yes, many mixed reviews. Maybe they haven't targeted to the correct consumer? The product I reviewed, maybe? should have been targeted as a primer to the older, makeup wearing community.

I have also used the Algenist anti-aging moisturizer.
It came as a very generous sample within the TESTTUBE BEAUTY ( Tiny, have you ordered the TESTTUBE BEAUTY? I love it! ).
I actually used the Algenist for my neck and it was very nice, making my skin soft and dewy.
My sister LOVED her sample and I have to admit her face looked great while using it.
However, I did not make a purchase for the full size product.
Call me a face snob or what have you, but
I’m selective and the anti-aging moisturizer just wasn’t the Holy Grail ( for me ).

Tiny, the one product that I’ve used and everyone took note of a positive change, including myself, was the Purity Cleanser ( I don’t like their moisturizer ).
After I used, people were asking me what I did to my face, “your complexion looks so much better”.
The only one I shared the answer with was my sister who started using it and also took note of a very positive change.

Take note, I am 51 years old.

Thanks Pinkie, we seem to think alike, LOL. I use to use philosopy cleanser for years, its their only product I do like!

I am 49 and overrrrrrrrrr a half lmao
Pinkie
5% products discount

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, Do you mind my asking what cleanser are you now using? I like to change things up now and than.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. I LOVE the Moisturizing Cream and the Restructuring Serum, but was not impressed with the second line of Firming products. I think perhaps Algenist is trying to expand it's product line too fast, and without any real new "discoveries". The original products are very good, however.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Interesting. I LOVE the Moisturizing Cream and the Restructuring Serum, but was not impressed with the second line of Firming products. I think perhaps Algenist is trying to expand it's product line too fast, and without any real new "discoveries". The original products are very good, however.

Can you tell us what you love about them? what they are doing for your skin?

Pinkie, I am using Re Luma cleanser now, it came in my kit and I actually really like it. But I use it more as a treatment than a cleanser (I leave it on my face for a bit then wash off, because of the ingredients in it), I still have the stand by philosopy cleanser to wash face, take makeup off ect. I even have some various cleansers from walgreens.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Pinkie, I am using Re Luma cleanser now, it came in my kit and I actually really like it. But I use it more as a treatment than a cleanser (I leave it on my face for a bit then wash off, because of the ingredients in it), I still have the stand by philosopy cleanser to wash face, take makeup off ect. I even have some various cleansers from walgreens.

Not to derail the thread but being one who is pretty ehh about many cleansers (I can take or leave most) isn't the ReLuma soooooo different?

I feel like I am using a treatment/mask and then after a while a cleanser when I wash it off!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Not to derail the thread but being one who is pretty ehh about many cleansers (I can take or leave most) isn't the ReLuma soooooo different?

I feel like I am using a treatment/mask and then after a while a cleanser when I wash it off!

I couldn't agree more, thought it was going to just be a cleanser, its different, yet it cleans! I really do love it, and have never loved a cleanser. But to say what I love about it, I can't its just different
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

I couldn't agree more, thought it was going to just be a cleanser, its different, yet it cleans! I really do love it, and have never loved a cleanser. But to say what I love about it, I can't its just different

LOL,

I did the best I can to explain how it is to me, but I guess you just have to experience it I know just what you mean!

Back to the OP's product....... Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

DarkMoon wrote:

Thanks Tiny and DarkMoon!
Maybe I should give it a try.
Pinkie
5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Yes, Ethel, please do tell Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Pinkie wrote:
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Yes, Ethel, please do tell Smile

Bumping to see if we can get Ethel's attention!
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry, I missed your post! Crying or Very sad
I find that both the Restructuring Serum and the Moisturizing Cream firm my skin, and most importantly, visibly firm the crepey skin starting on my neck...and nothing has made a difference in my neck skin thus far, so these two products get my kudos for the improvement. Using both products together isn't necessary, and I don't...I have used both individually and have had the same firming results, so save money and just choose one of the two. I like the texture and moisturization of the cream better, but others may prefer the serum texture. Before I purchased, because I am VERY wary of over inflated product claims, I got samples from Sephora and saw a diference from using just the samples. I don't yet know if these products make a permanent difference in my skin, but I do know they make a cosmetic difference, which is fine with me as I'd like someting to make my neck look better while I use other treatments, such as needling, Environ and ReLuma. I did NOT like the Firming line of Algenist products, though, they didn't work to firm skin for me, so to clarify I'm referring to the original Algenist product line.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Oh sorry, I missed your post! Crying or Very sad
I find that both the Restructuring Serum and the Moisturizing Cream firm my skin, and most importantly, visibly firm the crepey skin starting on my neck...and nothing has made a difference in my neck skin thus far, so these two products get my kudos for the improvement. Using both products together isn't necessary, and I don't...I have used both individually and have had the same firming results, so save money and just choose one of the two. I like the texture and moisturization of the cream better, but others may prefer the serum texture. Before I purchased, because I am VERY wary of over inflated product claims, I got samples from Sephora and saw a diference from using just the samples. I don't yet know if these products make a permanent difference in my skin, but I do know they make a cosmetic difference, which is fine with me as I'd like someting to make my neck look better while I use other treatments, such as needling, Environ and ReLuma. I did NOT like the Firming line of Algenist products, though, they didn't work to firm skin for me, so to clarify I'm referring to the original Algenist product line.

Thanks so much! that neck part, for me is right at the adams apple, I am noticing imporvement there from the RL, and I am with you, nothing I've ever used helps that creepy bit, NOTHING! I wonder if adding this would only boost the RL and visa versa. I'll keep this on my list, gonna wait and just use the RL so I can honestly review whats doing what! but again thanks, this def sounds good!
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, I use a moisturizer in addition to treatment products, because the treatments are often not moisturizing (and frankly, I don't expect them to be, I use them for the treatment effects). Ilike to keep my neck as moisturized as possible, too. If you do the same, you might consider one of the two aforementioned Algenist products. Get a sample or two from Sephora and test drive if first, though. Very Happy
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Tiny, I use a moisturizer in addition to treatment products, because the treatments are often not moisturizing (and frankly, I don't expect them to be, I use them for the treatment effects). Ilike to keep my neck as moisturized as possible, too. If you do the same, you might consider one of the two aforementioned Algenist products. Get a sample or two from Sephora and test drive if first, though. Very Happy

I do appreciate your review, saves people tons if considering, I'd go for the serum if adding anything. I saw you post your using other products including re luma and environ any particular order, or differences since adding other products?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
EthelM wrote:

I do appreciate your review, saves people tons if considering, I'd go for the serum if adding anything. I saw you post your using other products including re luma, any particular order, or differences since adding other products?

Yes do tell Ethel! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Well, to clarify, I haven't yet started using ReLuma or Environ yet. I've ordered both products and I intend to use them as an adjunct to dermarolling, which I also haven't yet done.
I do currently use 1% USB estriol cream on my face, every other day, but not while menstruating. I have done this for well over a year now, almost two years. The estriol has made a notable difference in my skin texture, moisture levels, and eliminated any fine lines. I will continue to use estriol and will start doing so with dermarolling, too, along with the Environ and ReLuma. (Tiny, I've been carefully reading about your experiences with ReLuma and your comments are largely what made me choose ReLuma over other cytokine products.)
So, when I first sampled the Algenist, I had been using estriol only for about a year, and yet still saw an increased firmness in my skin with the Algenist. Again, I cannot be sure if Algenist is giving permanent improvement to my skin, but when used regularly it does indeed improve crepey neck skin and make my facial skin plumper. I use it as a moisturizer and will continue to do so. In the past my moisturizer has been Creme De La Mer (the original cream) which I also find helpful, but I ran out of CdlM and instead tried Algenist. Both are algae based products, which seems to agree with my skin. In comparison, I would say that the Algenist gave a faster, more noticeable improvement to my neck skin crepiness than did the CdlM, although the CdlM calms any facial redness/rudiness better. Both seem to plump my facial skin equally well.
I hope this info helps! Very Happy
(P.S. To answer your other question, I haven't any idea yet in what order I'll apply these products, although the estriol is only applied every other day. I'm not a fan of applying products over each other, though. I will likely apply one product in the morning, one in the evening, perhaps using the Reluma every other day and the Environ every day, and then using the estriol on alternating days in the rotation. Post rolling I will use oil based A,C & E (Environ) as per Dr. Fernandes protocol. I hope to ask Dr. F about when to use the cytokine product in the rolling cycle.For pre-rolling prep, I'll use a cosmetic roller to aid penetration of these products for about a month prior to my CIT/PCI roll. I will use either a .5 mm or a 1.0 mm needle length for the PCI/CIT roll, and a .2 or .3 mm roller for product penetration/pre-roll prep. )
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
thank you EthelM for such a detailed review(s) of these products! You've definately done your homework! Please keep us updated on your progress, your doing alot more than I am, so far all I am doing it the pmd and RL. I am seriously considering adding the estriol cream in, just on the fence there. I have been reading the rolling threads and will continue doing so, just not sure I can actually bring myself to go there, but will keep up with it. Keep me posted, I'll do the same on the RL thread.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to say I looked at the reviews on QVC, this is def a love love love or hate it product. I just wish those that hate it would give their age. The ones that love love love it are all 50 and up and state it. The haters just say, tried it, it doesn't work and such, but never give an age. That irratates me because a lot will be 32 and NOT need this.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ethel are you still adding this serum in with your other products? I've yet to get by sephora's and get a sample, but curious.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ethel are you still adding this serum in with your other products? I've yet to get by sephora's and get a sample, but curious.

Tiny, yes, I use the Algenist as my moisturizer. Currently the serum is moisturizing enough for my skin, as I need less moisture when the weather is warm. I'll use the cream in the late fall and winter.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Tiny, yes, I use the Algenist as my moisturizer. Currently the serum is moisturizing enough for my skin, as I need less moisture when the weather is warm. I'll use the cream in the late fall and winter.

Wow you have great skin if a serum can dupe as a moisturizer!!! and Thank you
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have great skin but I don't have dry skin...I live in a humid coastal area and so summer air generally is moisturizing enough for my skin. That said, the serum is very milky in texture, somewhat like a thin lotion, rather than gel-like or watery. That helps matters.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |