Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Story of Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
http://blog.tataharperskincare.com/the-story-of-cosmetics/
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Super great video! The system is broken! Unfortunately, dependence on chemicals has been and still is rampant, for sure.

IMO the only problem with organic stuff I experienced is not knowing how effective "NATURAL STUFF" really is.
One of my sisters uses 'old' recipe/concoctions from Native American herbalogists or whatever they're called. She's constantly researching and brewing 'only organic' stuff in her kitchen, bottles it beautifully etc. She has quite a lucrative side business with this. Her customers love it! Her business has been growing by leaps and bounds. People buy her skin products, her hair products etc, because they are chemical-free. She even formulates custom organic stuff for her customers. Of course, come holiday-time, family always winds up with a bottle or two of her topical stuff for this or that. I'm sorry to say, I usually toss mine in the fridge and they wind up sitting there forever. Perhaps, I'm just really ignorant as to the efficacy of this 'natural' stuff on my skin.

Interesting to note from the web site you posted, that they INCLUDE a legal disclaimer regarding Tata Harpers products:
"The Website has been approved to provide general information about Tata Harper (“Tata Harper”), a brand owned by THO, and its business and to offer the opportunity to purchase Tata Harper products. The information provided at the Website is not intended to provide medical advice. You should not construe Tata Harper’s publication of any content on the Website as any warranty or guarantee of any strategy, recommendation, treatment, action or application of any product. Users of the Website should be aware that no regulatory agency has deemed the products described herein to be effective or intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
(BUT IT'S ALL NATURAL)
Yes, our governmental regulatory system is broken. Consumers really never know how safe or non-toxic any given product is. And it becomes business as usual.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Interesting to note from the web site you posted, that they INCLUDE a legal disclaimer regarding Tata Harpers products:

Sorry, i guess I should have made it clear. The video was posted on Tata Harper's blog that is why there is a reference to Tata Harper products.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Old news really (2010) and has been discussed ad nauseum on various websites across the Internet. However in the interest of fairness and balance, you may also want to view both sides of the issue:

http://personalcaretruth.com/2010/07/story-of-cosmetics-the-critique/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHww5Nel_I

Everything is chemical, even "natural stuff"; natural doesn't necessarily mean safe or better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
jom wrote:

Old news really (2010) and has been discussed ad nauseum on various websites across the Internet.

Everything is chemical, even "natural stuff"; natural doesn't necessarily mean safe or better.

It may be old propaganda, but that's the power, beauty and relevance of this forum, isn't it.

Thx for the other links.

I love it:
.."natural doesn't necessarily mean safe or better."
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |