Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any product that will visibly thicken and plump skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
karan

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
My skin was thinned by use of a strong topical steroid and the fat has atrophied in that area, leaving a gaunt look. Are there any products that will visibly and permanently thicken skin (or augment the underlying fat tissue)?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Alphaderma CE is supposed to be the next best thing to botox, not sure if that means it will plump or not. Check out the Janson Beckett website for more details
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few ingredients that can thicken the dermis. Vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) stimulates and is necessary for collagen synthesis and encourages fibroblast proliferation so skin becomes thicker. Next: Matrixyl - palmitoyl pentapeptide - this "tricks" your skin into thinking it has not made enough collagen. A thicker collagen layer results in firmer skin. Next: Tretinoin - Retin-A - the big daddy of topicals. Retin-A increases cell turnover and thickens your skin over time. Generally takes about six months to see results but has 30 years of research to back up results. If I were you, I would use a C product in the AM and get a prescription for some Retin-A/Renova for use at night. You could also layer a Matrixyl product over your C once it has soaked in. Hopefully, this combo would help to reverse the thinning of the skin due to steroids. The problem with that sort of thinning though is that often the thinning has occurred due to reduction in blood supply to the skin (steroid anti-inflammatory influence) so takes longer for this skin to respond to treatment. Good luck!
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think Copper Peptide products are supposed to increase the thickness of the fat layer under the skin. I used their eye cream and it didn't do a thing for me but there are other people on here that use SkinBio CP products so perhaps they can comment if this is true or not.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
You're right Mabsy, CPs do thicken skin. I'm still not sure about them, but I do think that htere has been an improvement in thickness and tone that I didn't have before, especially noe I seem to have pretty much got throught the uglies! (God that was scarey for a while!). C serums ahve definately improved my skin though, which is why I think improvements are now hard to spot Smile

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl - I was hoping to see the same results from the CP around the eye area. Theory being that the veins that you can see through the skin would be covered by some more fat therefore making them less visible. I didn't see much but I also don't think I stuck to it for 6 months either!

I'm with you 100% on the vitamin C serum - I'm not ever going to stop using one!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
While using the various topicals that were suggested, you might also try an essential fatty acid supplement (Omega 3). It never hurts to create beauty from the inside as well! Wink In fact, working internally while applying topicals actually works best.

JUDY

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your great advice! In fact, I ordered the CP serum a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait to try it, and all of your other suggestions for thickening skin and the underlying fat tissue.
d0pe

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
**edited by Mabsy to remove advertising content**
Ashley103
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl, how long did the CP uglies last for you?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Uglies??? I've been thinking of adding a CP to my routine cos of the great reviews - eek - what's this about uglies?! Shock Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, I fear you may have to wait till the morn, or maybe even the afternoon, for an answer as I think guapagirl is a leeeeetle worse for wear right now Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I feel like she does and I havent even had any alco Sad Crying or Very sad
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh, I see fair enough hee hee Laughing Hope she doesn't feel too bad for it!!!

By the way Rzecka whaddya buy at Space NK in the end???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
awww Cindi...don't be Sad

Lucia, I don't want to talk about it because I am in a sulk over the whole sorry episode Not talking
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Rzecka - oh dear doesn't sound good.

Cindi - what you need is a good shopping spree! Bad Grin (I know it's naughty but failing shopping choccy will do!) Very Happy Hope you feel brighter soon Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
post deleted due to intense embarrassment Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
There are a few ingredients that can thicken the dermis. Vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) stimulates and is necessary for collagen synthesis and encourages fibroblast proliferation so skin becomes thicker. Next: Matrixyl - palmitoyl pentapeptide - this "tricks" your skin into thinking it has not made enough collagen. A thicker collagen layer results in firmer skin. Next: Tretinoin - Retin-A - the big daddy of topicals. Retin-A increases cell turnover and thickens your skin over time. Generally takes about six months to see results but has 30 years of research to back up results. If I were you, I would use a C product in the AM and get a prescription for some Retin-A/Renova for use at night. You could also layer a Matrixyl product over your C once it has soaked in. Hopefully, this combo would help to reverse the thinning of the skin due to steroids. The problem with that sort of thinning though is that often the thinning has occurred due to reduction in blood supply to the skin (steroid anti-inflammatory influence) so takes longer for this skin to respond to treatment. Good luck!

WOW Shock - what a wealth of information - great stuff! I have tried renova and had great results - I DID notice a thickening of the skin - around the eye area specifically....my skin was pretty sensitive though...I worry that it would be "too much" for my skin to use renova and C in the same day (one day, one night)....I might try it though....Betterat40, have you tried the two products within the same regime?
Thanks!
Pudoodles
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I use both now. I use the C+ Firming serum (cellularskinrx.com) in the AM and the Retin-A 0.05% cream every other night. On the off Retin-A night, I use the CSRx Age Limit (AHA/glycolic/lactic acid)serum. If I start feeling a bit flaky or dry, skin out of sorts then I spend a night in jojoba oil or my favorite, rice bran oil. Returns everything to normal quite quickly. I don't know what I would do without Retin-a and C serum. I know I'd look pretty sun-damaged. Sad I'm part of the old baby oil and iodine generation.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'm a baby oiler too.. Embarassed Can you tell us if there is anything in particular about "Renova" (this is exactly the name of the product I was prescribed) that sets it apart from Retin A as it was when it was first introduced, or is it exactly the same thing with a swanky name?
Pudoodles Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
gaupa, (I'm whispering just incase you have a headache Smile Could you please clarify the 'uglies' you had with copper peptides? Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know about the CP uglies too please! Very Happy (Before I go spend more hard earned cash on another product!!) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look on the skinbio website it explains everything you need to know about CP's and gives you access to a forum dedicated to them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Loopylori!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Arghhh!
Ok I've just read the forum and about the uglies (drooping, flaking and blue tint in pores and worse?!?!?!)and frightened myself to death! I'm wondering if its worth it - my skin is looking better than it has for years - not sure I want to go through the uglies they sound ...well ugly!! I was only interested in the CP's to help fade the odd red mark and a couple of small scars I have, not sure it's worth it!

Anyone give me some personal experience of CP's please?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |