Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Suntegrity sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
So this is my first review here on the board, but I just wanted to share my excitement with this sunscreen. Previously I've been experimenting with both chemical and mineral ones, mostly Avene and La Roche Posay and I always had problem with either white residue, watery eyes or persistent shine which had to be concealed with a compact powder. Since I usually don't wear much makeup (except for eye concealer and blush) I kept looking for a better option until I've found this one.

I must admit I was sold on the story behind it (a daughter devoted to develop a quality sunscreen after her mother died of a skin cancer Sad ), but it also touted a great percentage of zinc oxide (20%) so I've decided to give it a go. And it turned out to be perfect for me. It absorbs rather quickly, very slight residue (which actually evens up my skin tone a bit) and no glossy finishing! I love it! It is a bit more expensive than the ones I've used so far, but I like the pump container so I can control how much I squeeze out. I'm still o my first bottle, so I don't know how fast it runs out, but I'll definitely repurchase it!

HTH
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting...I may have to check this out. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this sunscreen ever since Tina Richards started promoting it. This is a video clip about it.
http://www.tinarichards.com/products/suntegrity/

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
SUNTEGRITY NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACE SUNSCREEN & PRIMER, BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30
(Formerly called: Suntegrity All Natural Moisturizing Face Protection SPF 30)

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 20%

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides (Coconut Oil Extract), Sorbitan Stearate (Plant Derived), Glyceryl Stearate (Plant Derived), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (Plant Derived), Hexyl Laurate (Plant Derived), Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetyl Dimethicone (Mineral Derived), Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Organic Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Astaxanthin (Algae Source), Hyaluronic Acid (Plant Derived), Chlorella Emersonii (Red Algae) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Organic Pomegranate) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Essential Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil,Citrus Reticulata Blanco (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide*, Ethylhexylglycerin*

Aren't citrus essential oils a problem in sunscreens?

http://www.vivawoman.net/2009/01/21/citrus-oils-increase-uv-damage-in-sunscreens/
http://www.vivawoman.net/2011/09/26/why-do-skincare-products-include-citrus-peel-oils/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy, thanks for pointing that out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
PHOTOSENSITIVITY. Some essential oils are photosensitive, which means sensitive to sunlight. When these oils are applied to the skin they can cause a rash or burn when exposed to sunlight. It is recommended that you simply stay out of the sun (or UV rays) for a few days. If you apply these oils to your feet or somewhere under clothing, you will be fine. Be extra safe - If you have very fair skin and usually burn in the sun you may want to double these times.
Avoid sun exposure for 12 hours: Cumin, Tangerine, ImmuPower
Avoid sun exposure for for 24 hours: Angelica, Citrus Hystrix (Combava or Limette), Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, Orange, Abundance, Christmas Spirit, Citrus Fresh, Di-Gize, Dragon Time, Envision, GLF, Grounding, Inner Child, Into the Future, Live with Passion, Longevity, Magnify Your Purpose, Peace & Calming, Raven, SARA, Surrender, Thieves, Transformation, Trauma Life.
Avoid sun exposure for 48 hours: Bergamot, Awaken, Chivalry, Clarity, Dream Catcher, Forgiveness, Gentle Baby, Harmony, Joy, Legacy, White Angelica.
Avoid sun exposure for 72 hours: Lime.

http://www.essential-oil-mama.com/safety-with-essential-oils.html#PHOTO

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I also have this sunscreen.
It goes on beautifully, and smells lovely, but still does leave me with a white cast.(I have olive skin so would need a tinted one or to mix with a colour)

I havnt been too sucessful with the mixing bit I usually end up looking like a wrinkled orange egg
Rolling Eyes Laughing
So if any of you has better options I am still looking for that SS HG

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh wow, I didn't know about the danger of essential oils in sunscreens Shock
Why do they use them at all??? To improve the smell?

And I thought that my search for the holy grail sunscreen was over... Sad Thanks for the warning!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Agatha
yes you are right, when you find that out it does make you wonder why on earth put them into the SS in the first place Exclamation

The other one I get concerned about is SS with VitA derivatives.

Oh well guess I am just going to have to keep looking
or try something like garniers Ambre Solaire ( EU) with mexoryl.

I would really like to find a mineral one though that has enuff zinc oxide to 'do the business' and not leave me looking like a vampire/zombie Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Agatha
yes you are right, when you find that out it does make you wonder why on earth put them into the SS in the first place Exclamation

The other one I get concerned about is SS with VitA derivatives.

Oh well guess I am just going to have to keep looking

I would really like to find a mineral one though that has enuff zinc oxide to 'do the business' and not leave me looking like a vampire/zombie Rolling Eyes

You may want to try the Marie Veronique sunscreen

http://www.mvorganics.com/products/moisturizing-face-screen-spf-30
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Jom
I am off to have a look

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
agatha, have you seen the baby version of the suntegrity sunscreen? It doesn't contain the essential oils. The "bb cream" version doesn't either.

http://www.suntegrityskincare.com/Products.html
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Agatha

Will look into this. Thanks!

egyptiangoddess wrote:
agatha, have you seen the baby version of the suntegrity sunscreen? It doesn't contain the essential oils. The "bb cream" version doesn't either.

http://www.suntegrityskincare.com/Products.html

A great idea! It looks like it might just be what I need!
Thank you!!!!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone interested in the Suntegrity, I got free samples by contacting the customer service email on their website. I got the regular sunscreen and the light tinted sunscreen. And if you like it there is a 20% off coupon code included with the sample that you can use on your first purchase. I haven't tried them yet (just got them today) so I can't say how I like it yet.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't done this in a while!

I got samples- the untinted face sunscreen and the tinted one in light. First off, I really respect the amount of zinc oxide (20%) and usually when there's a sunscreen rave around here the % of zinc oxide isn't anywhere near that. So: respect. For whoever likes it and doesn't mind the prices, I'm not going to try to dissuade you.

Before I got to try it I figured that it would be fun to try and review but even if I loved it I most likely wouldn't switch because of the prices. However, I was underwhelmed by both.

Untinted Face Sunscreen: kind of thick and white, but it does rub in ok. It's thicker, whiter, and harder to apply than Burnout. It reminds me of TruKid sunscreen A LOT. Kind of uncanny. For those who love Suntegrity, I totally recommend trying TruKid sunnydays sunscreen and see if you can tell the difference.

Tinted (Light) Sunscreen: At first I thought it would be great but it kind of wasn't. It didn't look like it was too dark but it just wouldn't blend in, giving me an orange cast. When I applied it by mixing a little bit with burnout (I had already used up the untinted suntegrity sample) it was a little better but not fantastic.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |