Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Holy Grail of Mascara?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Now and then (discontinued?)

BFG
rosesandpeonies
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is L'Oreal Voluminous, the original in the grey tube. I love it. It makes my lashes super long. It doesn't clump either. A close second is Maybelline Falsies.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I stray but always go back to Maybelline full n soft. I have used this mascara for probably more then 10 years.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Dior Show in black. Not the new super black, just black.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:28 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I stray but always go back to Maybelline full n soft. I have used this mascara for probably more then 10 years.

Me too! I have tried many expensive brands, but this really is the best I have used. My lashes get super full... and just like the name, they stay soft and pliable. Does not flake for me. And $5... cant beat it!

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I have decent lashes and the best for me is l'oreal lashout. It lengthens but lets them stay softer (than other brands on me) but defined, and best of all no clumping.

I've used "their real" and while its good and your lashes get long, my lashes get too hard, harsh looking. Most expensive mascaras do this on me, so the cheaper is what I always go back too.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
blinc
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Mirenesse, just wished the tube would last longer for the price!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:37 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Same here - have only used it for about 5 years, but it's the most natural looking one Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

This ones always interested me, do you order from their website?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

I know you love this one Annie, I have tried twice and a few other "tubing" mascaras and they just don't work for me when I remove them, no matter how carefully I end up with tubes in my eyes and it stings like a b*tch! I really like the other Mirenesse products but no, no on the mascara for me! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Lower lashes: Maybelline Lash Discovery (Unparalleled)
Upper lashes: Almay Get up and Grow or L'oreal Voluminous. Mally has some great mascara's also as does Tarte.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I find Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara to be THE BEST mascara i used so far.

My own lashes are very short and light. BB gives me the length and the volume. And ... most important ... it stays on lashes until i remove it.

Most mascaras including Lancome end up joining my dark circles at the end of the day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Rimmel lash accelerator...love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Giorgi Armani eyes to kill mascara. Best mascara I have used. Makes lashes long and thick.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I find it fascinating how people have sooo many different favorites. I can see if some cause more clumping, or texture, volume, length etc which is all personal preference but I often wonder if people mostly get excited when their mascara is new. A new mascara always seems to work great, and I get all excited, only to find that after a few uses its like all the rest.

I rarely wear mascara, by the way.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
How do you all respond to those who believe that all mascaras are nearly the same?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Jinx! lol.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
How do you all respond to those who believe that all mascaras are nearly the same?

I honestly find some huge differences in some formulas, watery does not cut it for me and the tubing ones. Other than that they are pretty close, I find a lot of what makes many my HG's is the brush! Laughing

Everyone will have different favorites, just depends on what works for each person!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Although I cheat on it because I'm a mascara-holic, my go to since it came out is Cover Girl's Lash Blast in the fat orange tube - the absolute only mascara that has never caused bottom smudgies....though to this day if my eyes are watery, it hurts like no one's business if the mascara runs.

When I think to buy it, Clinique has a mascara -can't think of the name - that works great for bottom lashes too - no smudgies and teeny brush. When I'm in Sephora I tend to buy the sample size of it so I can throw it in my pocketbook.

There have been so many mascaras that have just not cut it for me, so I can safely say that for my own personal use, not all mascaras are created equal! Smile

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Although I cheat on it because I'm a mascara-holic, my go to since it came out is Cover Girl's Lash Blast in the fat orange tube - the absolute only mascara that has never caused bottom smudgies....though to this day if my eyes are watery, it hurts like no one's business if the mascara runs.

How is it for lengthening and volume? I find the Lashblast for length didn't give me any volume and the one for volume didn't give me any length and was clumpy as heck. What does the one in the orange tube claim to do and do you find any problems with clumping when using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

They aren't for me at all, some make my lashes look fabulous, while others make them look stubby and thick Confused ! But it is amazing how many of us love so many different ones. Mascara is def not like picking out a blush color!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like clumping (who does, right Laughing ) Some mascara's seem more likely to do that or they just don't do much. I think much of selection has to do with the brush type as well as whether the formula will lengthen or thicken. All depends on your lashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Prescriptives False Eyelashes...I practically cried when they scaled back the brand. It does look like they are still selling the black (I wear brown) but that is too harsh for my fair skin. Sad

If anyone has used this and can recommend a replacement, I will be indebted for life!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I was a devotee to Prescriptives for years when I lived in Seattle and could buy at Nordies. Aahhh beautiful cosmetic line.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |