Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Opinions on LifeStyle Lift?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
My mom keeps asking me to look into this for her, but what I've found in the way of reviews online range from great to terrible, unfortunately. Has anyone here had this done or know of someone who has? What have been your/their results with this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I've read more negative reviews than positive. One doctor told me it doesn't last long and some of the people doing them are not board certified plastic surgeons. Many of them have just been certified to do this procedure. I know someone who had one and she said she hardly saw the doctor. The consultant was the one who explained everything. I say do allot of research, find a good board certified plastic surgeon and have your mother get a minilift or even a full face lift. The other thing about those quick lifts or minilifts is that the results don't last. If it were me I'd want to get something that lasted. When it comes to this kind of thing, in allot of ways you get what you pay for.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I know a lady who has not mentioned that she's had it done but it's visibly obvious, looks like a fish hook under her skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I go in the opposite direction when I see/hear skincare or treatments advertised on TV. JMHO

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. This is what I was afraid of. My mom had a facelift done about 17 years ago and, at 72 years old now, doesn't want to do something that invasive again. I should know by now that if it looks to good to be true, it probably it. The commercials do make it look impressive, though, don't they?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks everyone. This is what I was afraid of. My mom had a facelift done about 17 years ago and, at 72 years old now, doesn't want to do something that invasive again. I should know by now that if it looks to good to be true, it probably it. The commercials do make it look impressive, though, don't they?

Yeh, they do look awesome
But if you look at the bottom of the TV screen during those commercials, there's an asterisk that notes something to the effect that these people had chin implants or whatever some other surgical procedures (I don't remember exactly) in conjuction with these lifts. As much as those commercials, also, show on the screen 'results vary', apparently, those people's faces had MORE DONE than just what's being advertised.
It seems that even within their network of clinics around the country (U.S.) that do (specialize) in these lifts apparently some are supposedly better than others in their network. (depends on using one of those closer to where you live) But, this is hearsay so I really don't know.
(looks like fish hooks under the skin??? Yowza!)
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
sandooch wrote:

Yeh, they do look awesome
But if you look at the bottom of the TV screen during those commercials, there's an asterisk that notes something to the effect that these people had chin implants or whatever some other surgical procedures (I don't remember exactly) in conjuction with these lifts. As much as those commercials, also, show on the screen 'results vary', apparently, those people's faces had MORE DONE than just what's being advertised.
It seems that even within their network of clinics around the country (U.S.) that do (specialize) in these lifts apparently some are supposedly better than others in their network. (depends on using one of those closer to where you live) But, this is hearsay so I really don't know.
(looks like fish hooks under the skin??? Yowza!)

Hmm, I've never paid attention to that. I'll have to check it out next time it's on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
dawamart1 wrote:

I don't think the commercials make this procedure look impressive myself. However, that is what it is designed to do. I can't help but think of the safety risk. By that I mean there is a possibility that the person doing it is not a board certified plastic surgeon. That is enough to scare me away.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I think what you are referring to about the fish hook is the thread lift. The lifestyle lift does not have a hook or thread in it. But the reviews of it are not that good. I would never do the lifestyle lift.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
My mom had done the absorbable fine thread lifting as well as Ultherapy. She said she liked the Ultherapy more. I heard that the fine thread lifting does hurt. Results probably depend on the skills of the doctor as well.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |