Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried the sunscreen named: Sunumbra?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leirac.com

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ran across this Sunumbra sunscreen on the EWG site and really liked the ingredients the sunscreen has listed for both the regular and kids versions...but unfortunately it is not being sold on Amazon and I am afraid of ordering direct from their site since I have not really seen a lot of reviews about it and unsure of how safe it is to order from them online.

They have two types one that is SPF 30 and one that is SPF 40 and both have a 5 stars UVA Boots Rating which is a rare find on a lot of Natural sunscreens.

Post here if any of you have possibly tried this or have heard of it.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Any sunscreen based on zinc oxide and/ or titanium dioxide will also protect against UVA, proportional to the percentage of UVB protection it affords. I suspect at least the kids version will give a white cast, no mention of micronised and AFAIK you can't get to SPF40 with zinc only and not be white. Is that an issue for you?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
leirac.com

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
The whitening is not an issue as long as it is not over drying... most natural Zinc sunscreens do have whitening . Also, I know Zinc is supposed to have good UVA coverage..but it depends on how they formulate it and the size of the particles. So when I see an official rating for the UVA being 5 stars, it just gives a little more peace of mind that is was actually tested and not just assumed.
What interested me in particular with this sunscreen was the other additional antioxidant ingredients like broccoli spout extract, Kigelia extract (have not seen this in sunscreen before and it is a nice ingredient), Green Rooibos, Astaxanthin (in the kids version), Milk thistle extract.

I have seen one or two of these ingredients in other sunscreens separately, but have not seen all of them together in one as a basic formulation. Also, the founder I think is in South Africa which may or may not show that they can better test it out there in the hot African sun perhaps???

I just don't know of anyone who has actually used it and have not seen any mention of it on the EDS forums, so figured I might ask in case someone tried it.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
There are plenty of zinc oxide sunscreens without a white cast these days, just look for micronised on the label.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
leirac.com

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I guess no one on EDS has tried or heard of this sunscreen as of yet.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |