Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to get rid of eyebags--DIY recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Vivan, Since I don't use an entire teaspoon to the 3 T. like one blogger said to use, I just cut it way down to a smaller amount proportionately which makes it easier to dissolve and less likely to clump. I use Thayer's non-alcohol witch hazel, right now I have the rose. I put about 1/16th of a tsp. of caffeine into a little pot and squirt a drop at a time of witch hazel in, stirring and mashing all the time with a toothpick or something similar, until it dissolves.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, yes. I only cut it in half. Guess that wasn't enough. Thanks so much, Janice, for responding!

Viv
Aluv68
5% products discount

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does this work on fat pads under the eye?
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know...but interesting question...

5% products discount

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I go to a Korean Spa which specializes in face slimming/bone remodeling massage and they would put coffee mask all over my face on the under eyes too except for the upper eyelid in which the esthetician puts moist cotton pad.

I don't have puffiness of the eyes but rather some slight darkness and friends have commented how nice my undereyes look plus it also reduces puffiness on the face. I'm 27 and my problem is chubby cheeks lol so the coffee mask is definitely working for me and I plan to DIY!!!!

Caffeine is also sometimes used as an ingredient in eye creams Smile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Annacarla, do you know if the masque can be diy? I've done cocoa/coffee masques that I have made myself, but I wonder what they have that is different...

5% products discount

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
They actually sell the mask on the spa but the ingredients are in Korean so I have no idea what's exactly on the mask but I'm 100% sure theres coffee on it because it has a really strong smell of coffee.

The mask is dark brown and spreads nicely on the face. No grit whatsoever and after 20 minutes it slightly dries up but not to the point where you feel tightness on the face then they just wipe it off with some moist sea sponge.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe coffee extract would work with some whole cream and finely ground oats to thicken. I think I will make some and try that next time I masque. I think I will also try putting some of the aloe/caffeine mixture on the little fat pad under my chin. Who knows, worth a shot!

5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm planning to mix espresso with gelatin and make a mask with it!! I like how caffein gives contour to my face and lightens my dark cirles!!!
Kandi
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this is quite interesting! I have dark purple undereye circles, and have had them most of my life. Would I want to try the caffeine recipe or the Knox gelatin one? I don't have "bags", just purply circles under each eye.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Vivan wrote:
JaniceC. wrote:
I've been using caffeine powder in pure aloe vera gel at a 1:9 ratio caffeine powder to gel (I read a 1 tsp. to 3 T. recipe.

This looks like a great recipe, but I've had no luck in dissolving the GOW caffeine powder. Can you tell me which brand of WH you use? My mixture is grainy and the caffeine powder forms one big cement-like lump in the bottle. Rolling Eyes

Thank you!

Probably not - the loose upper skin isn't due to excess fat or fluid. Eye exercises would work!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of facial exercise. For me, it has really WORKED!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone other than Superdogg made this work? I've been applying the mixture for nearly a month and so far I think the bags are worse. After an hour the paste like mixture has dried out completely, despite me trying different ratios of milk powder to coffee. Then when I wash it off the skin looks puffier than when I started.
Liz
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
So the dreaded eyebags, seems to most, you need expensive plastic surgery. I tried expensive creams, serums, even derma rolling.... nothing.
Till did some research on Lipo-dissolve, basically they inject a cocktail of stuff like lecithin, caffeine and essential oils.

So thought to myself..... what if I just did a daily face mask, first a mixture of mainly coffee powder, caffeine pills and abit of milk powder to hold it together, into a thick paste to smear on the skin for an hour, wash it off then put a layer of pure lecithin liquid on the eyebags for an hour everyday.

I didn't know if it would work, cause it isn't injecting and apparently caffeine needs an hour to fully absorb into the skin. By the second week, my mother who thought I was crazy, started to comment on how they appeared reduced. By end of the month, they were good as gone.

No, it wasn't excess water retention, the older you get, the less uniform fat is stored on your face i.e eyebags, jowls, fat on jawline. So from now on I will do these face mask on specific area on my face to keep the fat distribution more uniform. Cheaper than plastic surgery.

I don't use this forum often, just wanted to help any soul out there who isn't happy with this. Good luck

Superdog, what does the lecithin do?
Thanks for posting this; I wanna try it!
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am      Reply with quote
LizK wrote:
Has anyone other than Superdogg made this work? I've been applying the mixture for nearly a month and so far I think the bags are worse. After an hour the paste like mixture has dried out completely, despite me trying different ratios of milk powder to coffee. Then when I wash it off the skin looks puffier than when I started.
Liz

Yes, JaniceC posted that she got rid of hers on the 1st page: she used aloe vera and caffeine pills though.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I use caffeine powder that I got from GOW. It IS difficult to dissolve, so I use a bit of alcohol free witch hazel and mash it up, stir it around, and then add the aloe gel. I sometimes still have little "clumps" floating about; however, this does not seem to affect the efficacy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I really pack it on of a morning. I work at home, so it is no problem letting it "sit". I rinse it off after a half hour or so, or if the bags are really bad, I will keep packing it on for an extra half hour or so. I also use pure tamanu oil (sheaterra) patted under my eyes at the end of my morning regimen and at night. If I go out, I use a bit of RMS un-cover up patted under the eye for moisture because caffeine does tend to dry the skin a tad bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i know this is a very old thread but i want to try the recipe, where do you buy the pure lecitina? It is the same as natural emulsifier E-322?
This E-322 emulsifier is the only líquid lecithin i can find
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hereditary pouches cannot be removed unless surgery is performed. But using eye cream can reduce wrinkles and dark circles.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |