Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Contacts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I went and had my eyes examined yesterday and to update my contacts. Can I just say I HATE MY OLD CONTACTS. I could wear them about 4 hours tops, therefore I never wore them.

So they gave me 2 different brands to start my re-trial.

Old brand Pro clear plus daileys: pros I can see
cons: too thick, bother my eyes, 4 hours is all I can take, before the itching drives me nuts.

New Brands:

Acuvue TruEye daileys: these are FANTASTIC, they feel like nothing at all in your eye, I was able to wear well over 8 hours yesterday no problem, only removed because I was tired. My eyes obviously can't stand any kind of thickness, these are super duper comfy even on my very particular eyes. Con: cost. The other con is they are so thin they are very difficult to get out of your eyes.

AquComfort Plus by Ciba vision:
Awful from get go, eye immediately begin to itch. Vision with this great rest awful, these lasted 45 mins.

Second problem I am farsighted and nearsighted (ie. OLD) so I keep trying the mono vision, I've decided adding readers to read is better than monovision (plus in one eye, minus in the other). With mono vision I can kinda see ok when not reading and I can kinda read ok. So whats the point. I can't do either well. Anyone have success with this?

So its back to putting on readers to do all but see! LMAO. I might might might I stress re-try mono vision, but but but..
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I went and had my eyes examined yesterday and to update my contacts. Can I just say I HATE MY OLD CONTACTS. I could wear them about 4 hours tops, therefore I never wore them.

So they gave me 2 different brands to start my re-trial.

Old brand Pro clear plus daileys: pros I can see
cons: too thick, bother my eyes, 4 hours is all I can take, before the itching drives me nuts.

New Brands:

Acuvue TruEye daileys: these are FANTASTIC, they feel like nothing at all in your eye, I was able to wear well over 8 hours yesterday no problem, only removed because I was tired. My eyes obviously can't stand any kind of thickness, these are super duper comfy even on my very particular eyes. Con: cost. The other con is they are so thin they are very difficult to get out of your eyes.

AquComfort Plus by Ciba vision:
Awful from get go, eye immediately begin to itch. Vision with this great rest awful, these lasted 45 mins.

Second problem I am farsighted and nearsighted (ie. OLD) so I keep trying the mono vision, I've decided adding readers to read is better than monovision (plus in one eye, minus in the other). With mono vision I can kinda see ok when not reading and I can kinda read ok. So whats the point. I can't do either well. Anyone have success with this?

So its back to putting on readers to do all but see! LMAO. I might might might I stress re-try mono vision, but but but..

Hi Tiny, both my husband and I have done the mono vision for over 5 years. My husband stopped doing it a couple of months ago because of driving at night(he started to see halos or rings around headlights) I still do it with no problems but I am farsighted only and both eyes are the same. I just went to my eye doctor a couple of months ago and he is always surprised that it still works for me because I am pretty bad(-3.25) as far a vision goes. He says it works for some and not for others. It depends if the brain is able to adapt. I don't know if it works for someone with both near and farsighted.

I use the Acuvue oasys with hydra clear plus but they are not dailies. You use them for 2 weeks and then throw them away. I only use my for 1 week because I don't take them out at night. My doctor knows this and isn't that happy about it but since I only keep them for half the time he says it's ok to do. I also change the eye the contact goes into every week so no one eye gets more dominate then the other. I love these Acuvue contacts and never feels like anything is in my eye but I don't have sensitive eyes at all.

I get my contacts at Costco every year. They usually have some kind of rebate if you buy so many boxes at a time and this year they also had a rebate from Acuvue you could also use if you hadn't turn one in before. I think I saved 60 dollars on the years supply but don't remember for sure the amount and I not sure if both rebates or still going on. I got mine about 2 months ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie, I will check cosco, I am a member, the mono is for far and near. This is where you wear one + contact and one - contact. The - in the dominant eye and the + in the non. I think your talking the one contact. Or this is how they explained it, perhaps its for both, mono is ONE lmao

If I just wear my contacts I see great but if I look down I can not see a thing! What this does, after getting use to it is, you see both ways. Odd but they swear it works. Or option B is what you do the One eye contact. I tried that this morning, and no go! But am trying the + and - thing again for the entire day, I know no one scream it can take weeks, but seeing if I adjust.

I did ok before but couldn't tolerate the thickness of the lenses. I also can't do weeklies which are tons cheaper, because there too thick! My eyes needs to grow up and stop being so picky lmao!

All my life I was only farsighted, now I am mainlllllllllllllly nearsighted, how the hell does this happen Confused
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Thanks Cookie, I will check cosco, I am a member, the mono is for far and near. This is where you wear one + contact and one - contact. The - in the dominant eye and the + in the non. I think your talking the one contact.

If I just wear my contacts I see great but if I look down I can not see a thing! What this does, after getting use to it is, you see both ways. Odd but they swear it works. Or option B is what you do the One eye contact. I tried that this morning, and no go! But am trying the + and - thing again for the entire day, I know no one scream it can take weeks, but seeing if I adjust.

I did ok before but couldn't tolerate the thickness of the lenses. I also can't do weeklies which are tons cheaper, because there too thick! My eyes needs to grow up and stop being so picky lmao!

All my life I was only farsighted, now I am mainlllllllllllllly nearsighted, how the hell does this happen Confused

I am doing mono vision with just the one contact. If I wore both contacts I would need reading glasses because of the correction for my far vision. So by just wearing one contact I can see both far and near with no reading glasses. This is called mono vision. What you are talking about is also called mono vision just with 2 contacts.

Your cornea continues to change shape as you get older and that is one of the reason your eye sight continues to change.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I tried the mono vision...could see great far away, but could no longer see my computer screen clearly. I had to ditch the contacts completely. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Thanks Cookie, I will check cosco, I am a member, the mono is for far and near. This is where you wear one + contact and one - contact. The - in the dominant eye and the + in the non. I think your talking the one contact.

I am doing mono vision with just the one contact. If I wore both contacts I would need reading glasses because of the correction for my far vision. So by just wearing one contact I can see both far and near with no reading glasses. This is called mono vision. What you are talking about is also called mono vision just with 2 contacts.

Your cornea continues to change shape as you get older and that is one of the reason your eye sight continues to change.

Makes perfect sense! He did say I could try just one lense but not sure I like that, I might pop this other out and see, would save tons of money!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Makes perfect sense! He did say I could try just one lense but not sure I like that, I might pop this other out and see, would save tons of money!

I'm not sure if the one contact will work for you because of the difference between your eyes(both near and far) My sight is the same in both eyes but it does work well for me. My doctor said a lot of people can't adjust ( the brain either likes it or it doesn't) but for the people who can it works well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well Cookie, I tried just one and its awful lmao, I should pay you not my eye dr! But it was worth a try and Dr. did say to try it. What bothers me is one eye is worse that the other, and its my non dominant eye. So thats the eye the do the + in, so visions still off, if that makes sense, even if my brain adjusts. I think best bet is two contacts both -, then just add the cheaters to see all else when reading.

Bethany my doctor told me when I wear my contact to cut the cheater glasses strength in half for seeing the computer. So whatever strength you use to read, putter is always half that and hes right, works like a charm when I have the contacts on. Hope that helps
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it didn't work for you Tiny but check out Costco you still might be able to get the contacts cheaper. I know there are places on the Internet that people buy their contacts at cheaper also. My husband used to do that for his.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Sorry it didn't work for you Tiny but check out Costco you still might be able to get the contacts cheaper. I know there are places on the Internet that people buy their contacts at cheaper also. My husband used to do that for his.

Thanks Cookie I will do that, these apparently are the most expensive daileys out there! But after reading 5 out of 5 star reviews, I get why. They truely feel like NOTHING is in your eye at all! there are great, just gonna have to get use to using readers like an old ladie Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |