Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suntegrity BB cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

How many pumps of sunscreen are people using? I might be putting to much on and that is why the color is a little off on my skin.

I use 1 pump for my face and 1 for my neck. It probably is not the recommended 1/4 tsp (I have not measured) but that works for me, as I am inside most of the day.

I did try the Suntegrity over the weekend when I had yard work today. I only was out 2 hours, so I am not sure if this will really help anyone with the protection issue, but I did not get any sun on my face or neck in that time. I was out from noon to 2 pm, so it was a high sun time, but again, it was only for 2 hours.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
CookieD wrote:

How many pumps of sunscreen are people using? I might be putting to much on and that is why the color is a little off on my skin.

I use 1 pump for my face and 1 for my neck. It probably is not the recommended 1/4 tsp (I have not measured) but that works for me, as I am inside most of the day.

I did try the Suntegrity over the weekend when I had yard work today. I only was out 2 hours, so I am not sure if this will really help anyone with the protection issue, but I did not get any sun on my face or neck in that time. I was out from noon to 2 pm, so it was a high sun time, but again, it was only for 2 hours.

Thanks Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps on my face. I haven't tried it on my neck yet because I am afraid it will be to heavy and seep into my neck lines and break me out. Of course my face and neck are a different tone but they are a different color anyhow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Thanks Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps on my face. I haven't tried it on my neck yet because I am afraid it will be to heavy and seep into my neck lines and break me out. Of course my face and neck are a different tone but they are a different color anyhow.

I have the neck lines, Cookie, and it doesn't seep in to mine. You may want to try it there just to see. I meant to say I use the 1 pump on my neck/chest, so I am not heavy handed with it. My neck is also a different color than my face. I have that Poikiloderma of Civatte on my neck (which is Really ugly). The Suntegrity does not cover this (nor does it cover my broken cap redness), but it evens it up to where it doesn't look quite as bad.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the medium and its really got good coverage and looks slightly shiny when first on but sinks to a nice dewy look.

The only thing is after about 2 hours my skin starts to look sort of leathery, and the pores seem bigger, but that seems to happen to me with all BB/ sunscreen/foundation type creams. I think maybe what I need to do then is reapply,and thats what Im not doing Exclamation

Any ideas Question

having said that I do like this its not at all heavy and the colour for me is perfect,and no white cast which I get with all physical SS. And I love the dewy finish, just wish it stayed like that

Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that, Sylvia. I don't know what to recommend for that one! Maybe email Suntegrity and see if they have any suggestions? I am sure this is against the "sunscreen laws" (!) but I spray my Lavender hydrosol on over this a few times during the day. Not sure if something like that would help or not? Hopefully someone will give more recommendations for you to try!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia its the zinc oxide which can be drying making your skin look dehydrated. Do as Rileygirl suggests and spritz before reapplying to seal in moisture. Some ppl need a moisturizer UNDER their sunscreen to offset the drying properties of zinc oxide.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for this review! I do not wear a sunscreen (relying on Spf in my foundation) I have just not got on that well with them in the past. Reading some of the threads a common theme is re: most important skin care product and sunscreen is nearly always highlighted as a must!!! I have always felt like I am not really doing the most important thing in preventing wrinkles but did not know what to do about it . Anyway, I bought the light sample (following the reviews) and so far I really would rate it. Infact, my mum commented yesterday that I look really well and my skin looks a lovely colour and really smooth what have I got on it? It felt really great not to wear foundatin and to know I have protection. I am prone to acne so fingers cossed!
Saphire
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,just to update re: the light sample I have been using. I have just bought the 30 ml size as I have been really happy with the product. Thanks again guys, you really know your stuff.... for me it can be an absoluute minefield out there and a very expensive one at that!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Saphire wrote:
Hi everyone,just to update re: the light sample I have been using. I have just bought the 30 ml size as I have been really happy with the product. Thanks again guys, you really know your stuff.... for me it can be an absoluute minefield out there and a very expensive one at that!

So glad you like it, Saphire and I totally agree about it being an expensive minefield of products! Unfortunately you have to go through a lot of duds to find that gem!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I wear "Light" Suntegrity BB cream and find its good for summer when I want a little more color, but in winter it might be too dark/warm. I would like to see a "Porcelain Pale" color and emailed Tricia asking about this. She advised to mix regular Suntegrity sunscreen with "Light" BB but this gives less coverage I think. She did say she might expand the color range in the future tho.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I wear "Light" Suntegrity BB cream and find its good for summer when I want a little more color, but in winter it might be too dark/warm. I would like to see a "Porcelain Pale" color and emailed Tricia asking about this. She advised to mix regular Suntegrity sunscreen with "Light" BB but this gives less coverage I think. She did say she might expand the color range in the future tho.

fawnie, how does Suntegrity BB compare to Pratima sunblock? Less moisturizing or more?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I liked this, I really liked it. But, after 2 days of really hot weather here in London (when I was thankful for the protection!) I broke out in lots of little pimples, the type you get from clogged pores.

So, sadly, no full size purchase for me. Sad

Anyone else get pimples from this?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I think its about the same moisture effect as Pratima but not as shiny, Sunshine.

Karenlee, I used to get pimples from the regular Suntegrity SS a while ago (2 years maybe), but not from the 5-in-1 BB cream, oddly. Im careful now to double wash my skin at night to get it all off too tho - that might be the diff. Sorry this happened to you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
After using both Suntegrity 5 in 1 and Elta UV physical for 3 weeks (switching both and forth everyday) I like the Elta better for my skin type(oily). Both are very good sunscreens and the +/- are below.

Suntegrity +
Nice pump
Good color
Primer
Light feel/texture
20% zinc
No zits/breakouts

Suntegrity -
Little shiny
Expensive
Dewy- for a lot of people this is a + but not on me because of my oily skin

Elta +
Matte finish
Water resistant
Sinks in
Good color
No zits
Better $ value

Elta -
Zinc only 9%
Zinc and TO mixture- some people want zinc only
Not a primer

Like I said both are good sunscreens. Which you would like best will depend largely on your skin type and the look you want (dewy/matte). Both did a good job on sun protection. I still like the feel of ZO primer best out of all the sunscreens I have tried but I'm not crazy about only having 3.7%zinc and 10.2% to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, thanks for reviews, very helpful. I am still waiting for my samples.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
After using both Suntegrity 5 in 1 and Elta UV physical for 3 weeks (switching both and forth everyday) I like the Elta better for my skin type(oily).

Great review, Cookie! I'm sorry it didn't work out, but am glad you tried it. I think your review definitely will help people out.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I have finally tried the sample of the Suntergrity BB.

It has really nice consistency, a bit on a dry side though. It is very elegant and light.

But... I didn't appreciate the sun-kissed look at all. I have pale skin and it looked too dark on my skin. Sad

Suntegrity Moisturizing sunscreen and primer is not moisturizing at all. It has an elegant consistency, adds a glow to a complexion, and has a fragrance ( pleasant but too strong to my liking).

I would think it would be a perfect sunscreen for someone with an oily skin. My skin is normal but it sometimes peels and looks dry.

Devita sunscreen conceals my peelies, and is a lot more moisturizing but it is not as nearly as elegant.

I do not which sunscreen I should now try! Any suggestions?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

How about Pratima?

http://www.pratimaskincare.com/neem-rose-face-sunscreen

I find it a bit richer than Devita and no shiny look or white cast. It's one of my favorites.

There is a face and body version. You can also use the body version on your face.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl, the fact that Pratima is more moisturizing than Devita is what scares me off. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mixing the BB cream with the regular suncreen seems to do the trick. Unfortunately, one will have to buy both of the products in order to combine them to get a lighter shade.

ShastaGirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

How about Pratima?

http://www.pratimaskincare.com/neem-rose-face-sunscreen

I find it a bit richer than Devita and no shiny look or white cast. It's one of my favorites.

There is a face and body version. You can also use the body version on your face.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I still like the feel of ZO primer best out of all the sunscreens I have tried but I'm not crazy about only having 3.7%zinc and 10.2% to.

Can anyone remind me why the ZO Occlipse suncreen fell out of favour?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
CookieD wrote:
I still like the feel of ZO primer best out of all the sunscreens I have tried but I'm not crazy about only having 3.7%zinc and 10.2% to.

Can anyone remind me why the ZO Occlipse suncreen fell out of favour?

For me it was because of the price and I wanted something with more zinc. I have heard that the LovelySkin tinted sunscreen is the same as ZO and it's a lot cheaper. I haven't tried it myself but might order it and mix it with something with more ZO in it.
Here is a link.

http://www.lovelyskin.com/details.asp?PID=119447

ETA: I think I remember some people didn't like the tint shade but I'm not sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

ETA: I think I remember some people didn't like the tint shade but I'm not sure.

Yes, it was also too dark for very fair skin types.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I just received my samples of the Light and Medium--I cannot for the life of me see any difference between the shades! Please help me out here. Is the difference in shade absolutely negligible? Or did they send me by accident the same product in two separate little jars?

Also: first impressions. I really love the smoothness and moisturizing qualities of this product. It's really creamy. I think I'll definitely purchase once I get my shade down right.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to thank rileygirl for recommending Suntegrity. Ordered samples from the owner Tricia, who was extremely gracious and helpful, and love the 5 in 1 sunscreen. Tried light and medium and found the light works better on my dry NC25 skin.

I am coming off Obagi Nuderm for the past six months and have tried many physical sunscreens. Suntegrity is the best. I also like Devita but read many comments that people got tan while wearing Devita. Devita and the Obagi sunscreens also tend to ball/pill up on Nuderm while Suntegrity looks perfect.

Thanks again rileygirl for your help - never would have discovered Suntegrity on my own!
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really liking the Suntegrity samples as well (thanks to everyone here). But the light tint is still too dark for me. So I mix with the regular for now. Coverage isn't as good though. Would love if she created a porcelain pale like Fawnie suggested! I hate to buy both the tinted and regular - $$... I just ordered the body version to try too. Not sure how that will do on face. I can't remember, has anyone tried the body version on face?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |