Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the feedback, Toby. Tria encouraged me to continue on level 3 when I phoned them again today but if I look like Bozo the clown....not a good look. So I'm going to go back to level 1 or 2 and just see where that leads me. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive but guess I was wrong. Again...thanks!
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes, so i might look like bozo?? too funny. Hopefully mine will be on the way soon to you. They called Wed to go over my credit card and confirm yr address. Have a great weekend!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
tee-hee. Do you look good in red, Deb (joking). I just don't know my own skin but I have noticed a smoothness on my cheeks...as in less lined, which is exciting. As soon as your Tria hits my door, I shall get your address to send it winging it's way to you!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, I used my Tria on level 2 last night and it made a huge difference in the redness of my skin...as in not nearly as bad. Also, this could be a negative for a while but I'm also excited that the pigmentation on my cheekbones is really much worse. But, it's like the laser is bringing out the pigmentation that was below the skin's surface and unseen, to the surface. And it's sort of breaking it up. So between the pigmentation, you see really clear skin. Sounds weird, I know but exciting to me. Especially since all this is happening after only using it for 10 days. Can you imagine what happens after 8 weeks! When I spoke to the Tria people, they said that your skin gets worse before it gets better. Now, this didn't happen to the other Canadian gal I speak with who has been using the Tria for 7 weeks now but she's younger than me, so maybe has better skin than I. Anyways, I'm still loving the Tria. Blessings all
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
New to this forum thing so I hope I'm doing this right!

Just received my Tria on Thursday so I'm 3 treatments in. Decided to brave it and go to level 2 for my third treatment last night...might have been a mistake. Looked like I had a severe sunburn last night and this morning still a little redness . My face is not burning like last night but definitely feels 'warm'. After reading this forum, I think this sounds fairly normal but will give it a few more weeks to decide.

I will keep posting to update those who are still thinking about the investment.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
welcome Skincareaddict22. It made a big difference for me when I used the serum liberally after a treatment. I admit I was stingy with it but I've ordered more serum as I now believe it's an integral part of the process. Good luck!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
welcome Skincareaddict22. It made a big difference for me when I used the serum liberally after a treatment. I admit I was stingy with it but I've ordered more serum as I now believe it's an integral part of the process. Good luck!!

I discovered the same thing about the serum being helpful when you use an adequate amount....I was stingy too in the beginning and then realized I needed to order more. Nice to have others to bounce information off of! Wink

5% products discount

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Looking for an opinion from those who have been using the Tria for a few weeks now...Based on my first post, do you think I should stick to the second level setting or back it up to the first for a few more nights? The redness is gone today so I wonder if I should just keep doing on on level two now...thoughts?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just started to use my Tria 7 days ago.(wanted to wait until botox/restylane settled that I had 3 weeks ago).

I started on lowest level, last 2 days I went up to medium. On medium I am a bit red, completely gone in the am though.

I am going to wait a bit until I try the high level.

Very Happy
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Skincareaddict22. Tria says you get more results the higher the level. I guess it depends on what your skin can tolerate. For me, level 3 actually hurts a lot...which should have been a lightbulb moment for me. Maybe try level 3 and see how your skin tolerates it. The rep from Tria said that it has to damage the skin for the body to produce collagen to repair the damage. I'm going to try alternating level 2 and level 3
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a definite believer in "No pain, no gain". The Philips ReAura also advises to try and use the device on the highest level for optimum results.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks shamus, libglossdoll and Keliu....I think I'm being a big baby Smile will try level 2 for a few more nights and then jump into level 3.

So happy to have found this forum!!

Thanks again.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm a definite believer in "No pain, no gain". The Philips ReAura also advises to try and use the device on the highest level for optimum results.

I wonder if the gel that you use while doing the ReAura treatment plus the schedule (2 times a week vs. 7 days a week) has anything to do with the redness/pain that people are seeing with the Tria? I can't think of anyone that has had ongoing redness (like the next morning) or pain while using ReAura. Now at first it might not feel great but I wouldn't say it really hurts.

I am not sure of the specs for either unit. If one is more/less powerful then the other.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the USA and I hope that someone in Canada or the UK will sell one on eBay before too long (LOL). Has anyone heard any rumors about the possibility of FDA approval in the near future? All of you in Ca and UK are going to be gorgeous--enjoy!!!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
One of the posters here is having one delivered to me and I'm turning around and having it sent to her in USA. There's always that option but you're paying double delivery.
ellatu
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Shamus, that is very kind of you indeed. If it does not become available in the USA in the near future I may ask you to assist me in getting one. Thanks so much.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
ellatu -the lady at Tria told me at the least 1year until US availability and could be longer. I figured im not getting younger!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just got off the phone with Dana, a supervisor at Tria. I had some concerns about how burny my skin was on level 3 and she very kindly phoned me. She said that she can't use it above level 2 either. I told her that even though I'm brown haired and brown eyed, my skin burns in the sun and she said that was a good indicator that I should remain on level 2 for a while. She also said that they're hoping to get FDA clearance mid to late 2013. Fingers crossed! As an aside, I backed down to level 2 the last 2 nights and it's like I have new skin....not red and angry in the morning and dare I say, it looks clearer. One happy Canadian gal, I tell 'ya! Blessings to you all
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
So good to read your post shamus...I'm going to suck it up and go back to level two tonight. Interestingly, the day after I used the level two, I did notice my skin looked much more even. Thought it was 'all in my head' except today after using level one again, I needed more makeup. Heading to use my Tria (I will just have to find my happy place and get it done!).
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and purchased the Tria laser and have used it for three nights now. Last night was the first time on Level 2 and wow quite a difference from level one. I thought I was burning my face off Shock Was actually surprised though how quickly the redness and burning went down after slathering on the finishing serum. Face felt a bit tight this a.m. which is probably some inflammation and looked kind of blotchy. Applied AnteAGE serum which helped immensely. I definitely will not be moving on to Level 3 any time soon.

Has anyone else had trouble doing the upper lip area? I can't seem to keep good enough contact with my skin in this area so the laser ends up stopping right away.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
me too on the lip area, brierrose. Sometimes I do the side of my mouth then sweep to half of the lip, then the other side by my mouth and that half of the lip. And yes, level 3 is intense!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
me too on the lip area, brierrose. Sometimes I do the side of my mouth then sweep to half of the lip, then the other side by my mouth and that half of the lip. And y
es, level 3 is intense!

Thanks shamus! I will try it that way tonight.
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for you Tria users. After your Tria treatment, do you apply your regular night time creams/serums etc? I haven't been because my face is too sore to touch it before bed! Tria doesn't provide any guidance on this in their literature...just wondering what others are doing.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if I'm answering too much but I need a life.....that said, I found out the hard way that the finishing serum is integral to the aftercare. As I stated in earlier posts,I was pretty stingy with the serum 'cause I was trying not to purchase more....I figured I spent enough on the Tria as it was. But, when I applied the serum liberally (I use one complete "pump" for my whole face), it brought down the redness and stinging. I also use Borba Age Defying Concentrate after the serum (TSC had a smokin' deal a while back....package of 2 for $10.00!) and I find that nice and cooling. The lady at Tria also suggested I keep the serum in the frig....it was more cooling that way. I also have these little cooling packs that I keep in the frig and I have put them on my face too. They feel delicious. The kind that have gel in them. If your face is so sore that you can't apply the serum, I would question whether you're doing it on too high a level.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I am experimenting with something and I want to share about it but I in no means am recommending it. I have been using the Tria over a month and my skin has adjusted well now. I have wanted to deal with some fine lines on one side of my mouth, they are newly acquired so hopefully I can quickly get rid of them. I decided to try doing some derma rolling just on that spot prior to the laser treatment with the smallest roller and to my delight they are doing the vanishing act! I know it could be due to slight inflammation but over time I do think this could aid the process. Let you guys know how it goes!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |