Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:09 am      Reply with quote
You are welcome.

I was glad to help.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just a very short update/review after four weeks of Tria. I am using it mostly on level three.

I took photos before Tria and after four weeks of using Tria every day.

Unfortunately, I don't see noticeable improvements, yet. It maybe be still early for any results.

After four weeks, I will take another set of pictures. I really hope that Tria will work for me. However, if after another four weeks of treatment I will not see any substantial results, I will return it to Sephora.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
So I got my replacement charger from Tria. The replacement purple dock they sent is clearly used (scratched up) and feels sticky?? Lol, and the power source (portion that plugs into wall) is black, instead of white like the original charger. I swapped out the power source and cord, but kept the original dock. Anyways, I plugged my laser in this morning and hopefully this has fixed the issue. Anyone else get a replacement charger send to them? Was the new plug black for you too?
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
So I got my replacement charger from Tria. The replacement purple dock they sent is clearly used (scratched up) and feels sticky?? Lol, and the power source (portion that plugs into wall) is black, instead of white like the original charger. I swapped out the power source and cord, but kept the original dock. Anyways, I plugged my laser in this morning and hopefully this has fixed the issue. Anyone else get a replacement charger send to them? Was the new plug black for you too?

I had a new charger sent. I received the dock only but no plug. For the first few times it worked perfectly, now I still have the same problem of the charger light flashing and not shutting off. Most of the time the Tria is charged, occasionally it's not. I'm just using it as is, I don't see the point of getting a 3rd charger.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
EC413 wrote:

I had a new charger sent. I received the dock only but no plug. For the first few times it worked perfectly, now I still have the same problem of the charger light flashing and not shutting off. Most of the time the Tria is charged, occasionally it's not. I'm just using it as is, I don't see the point of getting a 3rd charger.

That is odd that they didn't send you the plug or cord, because the person on the phone said it was the plug that was the problem not the dock. Strange. Good news, this new charger works perfectly. And I'm using the original dock. Must definitely be the new black plug that fixed it. Wonder why it's black? Almost like it's a plug from another Tria device? Maybe they made the new ones black so they could differentiate between the old faulty plugs and new ones, that way they ship the correct plug to all customers with issues? I think I'm over analyzing it, just strange that a black plug was sent.

Lady jean, if you have a smartphone, use the plug from the charger for your Tria. As long as you change that square plug piece and use a different plug.
Sandymay
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:13 am      Reply with quote
My original plug is black. Hoping that's a good sign.. I've had my Tria for a week now and it works perfectly.

Sandy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Sandymay wrote:
My original plug is black. Hoping that's a good sign.. I've had my Tria for a week now and it works perfectly.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy, this proves that the black plug is indeed the new version if you bought yours so recently and they are now sending the black plug when you purchase. I bought mine in early January and they sent a white plug.
Like I guessed, they must have made them black so they could tell the difference between the faulty plugs and the new ones.

Glad my Tria is finally charging the way it should!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:00 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Just a very short update/review after four weeks of Tria. I am using it mostly on level three.

I took photos before Tria and after four weeks of using Tria every day.

Unfortunately, I don't see noticeable improvements, yet. It maybe be still early for any results.

After four weeks, I will take another set of pictures. I really hope that Tria will work for me. However, if after another four weeks of treatment I will not see any substantial results, I will return it to Sephora.

Hi Doba,

Just curious is this Sephora's policy or Trias? I have not had any results to speak about. I only used mine one 8-week cycle and had to stop using it because my skin just got too dried out.
I am looking to sell mine if anyone is interested, PM me.

Thanks,
Aprile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi April,

Sephora's return policy for Tria and anything else is 60 days.

If you ordered it directly from Tria, the return policy is 90 days.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:
EC413 wrote:

That is odd that they didn't send you the plug or cord, because the person on the phone said it was the plug that was the problem not the dock. Strange. Good news, this new charger works perfectly. And I'm using the original dock. Must definitely be the new black plug that fixed it. Wonder why it's black? Almost like it's a plug from another Tria device? Maybe they made the new ones black so they could differentiate between the old faulty plugs and new ones, that way they ship the correct plug to all customers with issues? I think I'm over analyzing it, just strange that a black plug was sent.

Lady jean, if you have a smartphone, use the plug from the charger for your Tria. As long as you change that square plug piece and use a different plug.

You're right, it did charge up and stop blinking when I used my phones charger. I'm going to call Tria and ask for a different plug. It seems like Tria may have just found out what the problem was too. I bought mine in early January also and received the white plug. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
EC413 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:
EC413 wrote:

You're right, it did charge up and stop blinking when I used my phones charger. I'm going to call Tria and ask for a different plug. It seems like Tria may have just found out what the problem was too. I bought mine in early January also and received the white plug. Thanks!

Yeah the girl from TRIA suggested that I could use my phone plug and it wouldn't harm the device at all. So it's a workaround for those that haven't received the new black plug. And yea, I think TRIA finally figured out the issue, so I would definitely call again and ask for the black plug! So happy my TRIA is charging normally now.
twopearls

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. This is my first post here...hope I'm doing it right.

My tria age defying laser should be here next week. I've been doing a lot of reading on it and didn't take ordering it lightly.

I'm peri-meno, and my skin has become quite sensitive and I also have mild rosacea.

My main concerns are being able to use the laser if I'm having a breakout from the rosacea. I get little whitehead type pimples on my cheeks.

Also, I have one mole (the kind that sticks out a bit) on my face. Should we be avoiding moles and pimples when we use it?

I also have the tria precision hair remover and have used it on my chin and upper lip and one armpit. I'm waiting for two weeks, as suggested to use it again. I went right for the highest level because I didn't feel anything on the lower ones.

Tria told me I can use the two products simultaneously, but might want to wait until one of the off days to use the hair laser.

In Canada, they suggest you use the age defying laser 7 days a week. I pointed this out to the agent, but all they said, was, yes, that's right, Canada has a different schedule than the U.S.

...so can I use the hair laser on the same day I use the ADlaser? What do you think?

Anyone with rosacea having success with it? I'm not expecting it to fix my rosacea, but I'm hoping it doesn't make it worse.

I'm mostly using it to get rid of my 'pregnancy mask'...which it sounds like it's good at.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum twopearls,

I am using both Tria Age Defying and Tria Hair Removal lasers. I also suffer from rosacea.

1. Tria hair removal laser I use in the morning of the same day that I use Tria age defying laser without any problems. I use Tria age defying laser at night.

2. Tria laser did not make my rosacea worse.
twopearls

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Welcome to the forum twopearls,

I am using both Tria Age Defying and Tria Hair Removal lasers. I also suffer from rosacea.

1. Tria hair removal laser I use in the morning of the same day that I use Tria age defying laser without any problems. I use Tria age defying laser at night.

2. Tria laser did not make my rosacea worse.

Thank you doba. That makes me feel a lot less apprehensive about starting with the Age Defying laser.

Do you use it even if you're having breakouts from the rosacea?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
My rosacea is under control thanks to the Finacea gel. To my surprise while using Tria, I apply Finacea only one or two times per week. Before Tria I had to use the gel every other day.

However, it is important to remember that this is my individual reaction, you may have a very different experience.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Anyone with updates since this thread started in 2012? Worth the money or have you found something better?
ellatu
5% products discount

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I just completed the 2nd week of treatment with my Tria and I am so excited!!! I am beginning to see age spots breaking up--I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing has budged them until this little wonder. I am also beginning to see a bit of softening of the wrinkles around my eyes and mouth and my skin just looks plump. I am really pleased because I did not expect to see any effects this soon. I have worked up to level 3 with no problem; I kind of enjoy the feeling of it now because I know it is doing something. I did not start seeing anything until I jumped up to level 3 about a week ago---now the "sandpaper" feeling and the hyper pigmentation breaking up. Happy, happy, happy Smile
Camila84

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, after reading all of the messages a month ago and purchasing tria hair removal first I decided to invest in this little mirracle. I have completed six sessions and i am currently on level two, which I completed twice on my face last night to prepare to level 3 today. Weirdly, I noticed the dryiness straight away! But i am hoping that is it going to help with my acne and i can finally give up on tetrysal. Has anybody tried blue light with this one? Did anybody see the improvements? Kam x
twopearls

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just about to start my second week with the ADL. I'll be using level 2 and see how that goes.

I also did my second session with the hair laser.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I'm sure I'm seeing some lines on my face that were not there before, and I also saw a weird twitch on my chin where I did the hair removal. I couldn't feel the twitch, but I could see it. It was like a dimple that went in, then out.

Has anyone heard of this happening with laser treatments before. I'm assuming it's the hair laser doing it, because it only started happening after I did the hair treatment this morning, and I haven't used the ADL yet today.

It's freaking me out.
ellatu
5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am so impressed with the results I'm seeing with the Tria Age Defying that I bought the Hair Removal one also. I am not sure I am getting any results with the HR. I had laser hair removal treatment at dermatologist office several years ago and I remember feeling every zap. I really don't feel a thing with the Tria HR on the highest setting. I am considering phoning customer service to discuss this. Has anyone noticed this?
twopearls

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am      Reply with quote
ellatu wrote:
I am so impressed with the results I'm seeing with the Tria Age Defying that I bought the Hair Removal one also. I am not sure I am getting any results with the HR. I had laser hair removal treatment at dermatologist office several years ago and I remember feeling every zap. I really don't feel a thing with the Tria HR on the highest setting. I am considering phoning customer service to discuss this. Has anyone noticed this?

I couldn't feel anything with the hair laser on setting 1 or 2 (I have the precision not the 4X). Even on the highest setting, I only feel a zap every now and then, but it is working.
ellatu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that encouragement twopearls, I will press on and hope for results. Loving the Tria Age Defying Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I received another charging plug in the mail.

It's now a white one with a new shape/design. The plug came with a note apologizing about the trouble and included a 50$ Tria giftcard which I'll use on more post treatment lotion. Amazing considering the black charger they sent after I called worked fine. Now I have 3 charging plugs and 2 cradles with cords lol. Great customer service.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi wave I'm new to the forum and have just purchased the tria after reading through this thread.
I've had salon laser treatments a few times in the past and remember the little brown 'squiggles' that came out in my skin and then sort of dissolved over the next few days.

I liked the effects but really felt it needed to be done more frequently for there to be a lasting difference.
So the home laser treatment seems like a perfect solution Wink

I'll be watching this thread and posting any updates.
Thank you to all those who have shared their knowledge and experiences Very Happy
Benette08
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used anti ageing plus antioxidant formula of Natural Japanese silk facial masks. It contains Argan Oil whcih is rich in essential fats and Vitamin E, nutrients that help slow the ageing process. The addition of the antioxidant, Vitamin C, will leave your skin looking visibly brighter.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |