Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
twopearls

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm now on my third week. I've decided to keep it on level 2 until next week.

I've noticed a dark spot (sun damage?) coming to the surface. I can't really say if my 'pregnancy mask' is getting any better, but I think it's too early for that anyway.

I'm 55 and don't have many wrinkles, but a few crows feet, which I don't really notice any difference in yet. I mostly got it for the uneven skin tone I have due to the pregnancy mask.

My rosacea actually seems to have improved. My cheeks aren't as red. I also noticed that I don't feel the prickle so much from the laser (yes, I did clean the little window Smile and the redness afterwards goes away much quicker.

I imagine the real results will come after starting and continuing with level 3 for the remaining weeks.

My chin is still twitching a little, which, as I said earlier freaked me out. I'm thinking it's likely like an eye twitch. I've been contorting my face, especially my chin to get contact with the lasers (both the ADL and the hair laser). I think my poor chin hasn't ever seen this kind of exercise, so the muscles on my chin are twitching.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Anyone on this Tria Laser posting been doing this treatment for a year? If so, can you give us here in the states or if you have been using this laser for a year what this has done for your skin.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Still very early days for me, I'm on level 2, it rather stings Anxious
but then I have a pretty low pain threshold.

I gotta say I'm bemused at the difference between the US and UK guidelines, if 'use it for 5 out of 7 days' is optimal how can 'use it for 8 weeks and then take 4 weeks off' also be optimal?
kathyspeck@hotmail.com

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Tria and Ultrasound
Has anyone read the article on pg 136 of the March 2014 edition of Allure magazine? It's an article about a new procedure that Dermatologists are doing. It combines fractional laser with ultrasound for product delivery. First, a fractional laser is used to create channels in the skin. Then a product is applied evenly to the skin. Last, an ultrasound device is passed over the skin to push the product into the channels.

I have been on the fence about the Merbe but ordered one yesterday after reading this. For those who don't have an ultrasound device, I'll bet applying the topicals after using the Tria within the 1 hour timeframe (before the little channels close), will still increase product penetration. It's kind of like derma rolling for product penetration. It sounds like using the ultrasound afterwards just increases that.

The article mentions specifically using diluted sculptra to increase volume in the face.
[quote]

Yes, I did read the Allure article about using diluted Sculptra after Fraxel, then using ultrasound to push the Sculptra into the skin. It sounds amazing. I asked my derm about it and he hadn't heard anything about this system yet. I guess it's too new. I'd love to try it!
Rolling Eyes
Lunar6
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I switched up to level 3 on the third day and now after 5 days of level 3 I'm finding the treatment itself doesn't sting as much and the sunburned feeling afterwards is less intense and of shorter duration.

I can see lots of those tiny brown dots in my skin.
ellatu
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Lunar6, my experience has been similar to yours. I hardly notice any sting from level 3 now. I am in my 4th week now and really noticing rough, dry skin. I see the tiny brown spots too, hopefully that is old sun damage being blasted to the surface. A lot of my old entrenched age/sun spots appear to be smaller and fading.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 am      Reply with quote
at first I felt a little as if I was holding a small biting creature up to my face Laughing

I'm still pondering the discrepancy between the US and the UK recommended regimes for the Tria, I may just err on the cautious side and do a 3 days on one day off schedule for 8 weeks.
twopearls

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm on week 4 (level 3 now). I've also noticed the redness goes away quickly and the biting while doing the treatment is more tolerable with each use. One thing I have noticed, is that my slight 'jowls' have firmed up a bit. They don't look as noticeable. I image that might be the collagen formation??

I don't use the product that they sent me (the wash and after treatment). It came free with my laser. I never even opened them.

If anyone is interested in them send me a message Smile
ellatu
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Lunar6, I agree, when I first felt the Tria's "bite" I wondered if I would ever progress to level 3, but just decided to go for it and I quickly became used to it. As for the schedule, I do not think that a little variation could really matter very much.

Twopearls, a firming of the jowls is a big deal!! That's great!! I wish I had taken "before" pictures.
picklepeach

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Since getting the Tria Age Defying Laser, I have been obsessed with looking up reviews and experiences from others. Thought I would share mine with you ...

I am 42 yo, Asian (medium colored skin). I'm concerned with the melasma on my upper lip, sun spots on my cheek bones, the darkening marionette lines, some criss cross skin texture, light crows feet, and preventing sagginess. I'm also an Esthetician and have a stock of peels, vit C's, retinols, creams, etc. on hand, but I've noticed they are no longer making headway on my skin. My next step was to pursue a laser treatment. Then, I came across Tria's ad for the ADL.

I have now used the ADL for 4 days (2 days on level 2 and 2 days on level 3). I could see the little brown dots appear after the 3rd day. My make-up seemed to be applying more evenly right away - and my face had a brighter, smoother appearance (despite the dots/dirty appearance I could see upclose). We had some gorgeous sunny weather and despite my wearing a hat, spf 35, being inside a beach tent, I did get some color. I was hesitant to do the treatment on the 5th day as my skin looked too tan and I already have Asian/olive skin which is more susceptible to Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. I wasn't sure how to proceed if one does get a slight tan .. how will the laser know which melanin to affect? Would I end up with splotchy areas?

I sent Tria an email and am awaiting their response on how to proceed.

My skin seems to have settled down, so I may resume tonight.

Anyone else have a darker skin tone and using the ADL?
sharkbait39

Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
So I started using the Tria ADL 2 weeks ago -- 1 week on level 1 and 1 week on level 2. I decided to take before pictures on the 2nd day of treatment and I am really glad I did....I have brand new broken capillaries/spider veins in a line across my right cheek that appeared after finishing the 2nd week!?! I know for certain that these were not there before I started using the Tria.

I called Tria and spoke with a senior client services representative that said she would ask the clinical department if this is normal and get back to me by phone. I didn't hear back and the latest I heard was that she had left for the day, but the clinical department can take up to 2 business to respond....so....what should I do??? Continue using the laser or wait?
snowball
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 am      Reply with quote
twopearls, I sent you another PM but I don't know if you got it. Can you let me know, thanks!!!!!
twopearls

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
snowball wrote:
twopearls, I sent you another PM but I don't know if you got it. Can you let me know, thanks!!!!!

I sent one back on Monday. I was sick over the weekend, so didn't reply then, sorry.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Pickle and Shark, I'm just wondering did you get a response from the people at Tria?

I'm just into my 3rd week now, level 3 is tolerable, the sunburn feeling & redness lasts about an hour after the treatment.

My face has a slightly rough texture to the touch but I'm not finding it a problem.

Lots of little brown spots on close inspection but with my normal make up on my skin looks fine and I think little plumper than usual.
That might be slight inflammation, or might be my imagination!?
Looking forward to seeing the results after the first round of treatment
2Maria
5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Tria friends,
I have had my Tria for slightly over one year. Yey!
First, I had some starting problems and Tria quickly sent me a charge cradle and white plug in February. All is well now.
I have had quite a few of my sun loving pigmentation coming to the surface during this time. But before I started using my device I got a 1/2 inch round spot on my cheek. Well, every time I complete a round the spot gets a little lighter.
I feel my face looks better than it ever could with just using topicals, now matter how good they are. I am not young but my skin firmness and texture has improved and is not aging as before.
I use sun screen daily so I don't develop any more sun spots.
Hope this has helped you all.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
hi Maria, that sounds great, and I agree...year round factor 50 for me now too:D

When did you first start noticing the improvement in your skin
2Maria
5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I think I started noticing improvement a few weeks after I started using my Tria.
Yes, SPF 50 is very important. From the beginning I have been getting rid of pigmentation. In fact, I have some now, aside from the big brown one I wrote about. But the good thing is that they just slowly fade away.
Many years ago I also had a severe case of rosacea that I had treated a couple of times professionally but I never went back for maintenance. There is no evidence of any rosacea now.
I am on round 6 now. This is the first round that my skin is not all dried out. Also #3 feels very comfortable now.
My coloring has evened out and with makeup my face looks amazing.
picklepeach

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lunar and everyone,
Sorry for the delay - I stopped receiving notifications to follow up posts for sone reason.

I never received an email response back from Tria regarding sun exposure/slight tan from being outdoors, already having Asian/medium skin tone. I also didn't make another effort to call them, but rather disappointed with the lack of professionalism. I emailed my concerns via their website.

I let a few days pass once my skin calmed down from the sun exposure.

I just finished my 3rd week, using level 3. I have had a lot of those brown dots and a bronzing effect... Also some streaking on my cheeks ... These fade slightly on the 2 days of rest.

I use a Clarisonic once a day to help with exfoliation - I think my skin does not like to exfoliate and is sluggish. As I mentioned, I'm an esthetician and have done Retin-As, various peels, and Obagi in the past. The brownish color will be hanging around for a long while going thru this Tria ADL cycle.

I've been taking pics along the way and although I can't see a big change in the pics, I can see that the stubborn melasma (I believe it's dermal/mixed) has gotten smaller. I love seeing those brown dots being expelled on the surface.

I can't see any difference on my marionette lines.

I do see an improvement around my whole eye area, even with darkness and puffiness which had become more pronounced. I considered not applying concealer today - and I love makeup and have worn concealer every single day to make me look awake.

Will add more results as I go ...

How is everyone else doing?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:25 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested in purchasing a used Tria, let me know. I did one round with mine. It's too drying for my skin so I cannot use it. PM if interested.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my 3rd week and the dryness/rough skin feeling has reduced quite a bit, cheeks are a bit blotchy, face feels a little firmer.

I've been using it every day but still debating switching to the 5 days on 2 days off protocol as suggested by the US site, it seems a little more sensible than the 8 weeks on 4 weeks off schedule recommended on the UK site.

Some improvement in marionette lines would be great but it seems to much to hope for given that (a I understand it) these are caused by sagging of the underlying tissue?

I'm considering fillers for that particular issue in any case, just plucking up the courage Very Happy
Lunar6
5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Picklepeach, have you considered tweeting Tria?
I've just looked at their twitter feed and they appear to answer questions fairly quickly
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 am      Reply with quote
picklepeach,

I have asian skin, light brown oliveish colour, I tan easily and have used the tria for two courses of 8 weeks and I have had a break of about 3 months. I also derma roll, too so I can be pretty brutal to my face!
I am on my next course of the tria, still in week 1 on level 3, I think my skin is getting used to it, it does prickle quite a bit and I look very very red after but I am using a mix of fawnie's Holy Grail, Environs HA serum( they recommend it after derma rolling) and twice weekly Skin Bios GHK serum. MY skin seems to soak it all in very quickly , so far I havnt gone flakey and reptilish! Time will tell Laughing

I do think as with all these things its a long slow process and not a quick fix.

I have a little pigmentation not much but I notice it when I look closely, I have 11s and did have forehead lines but they have practically all gone yay!!! Very Happy
I do have NL folds and some sag which goes when I pull my skin towards my ears! I call it my "poor girls facelift" I should have my hair in a very tight pony tail, all the time, then there would be NO sag!!!

It is such an ongoing battle Wink Wink
Will we ever be satisfied?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lunar and 10Slyvia Smile

Thanks for the tip on Tweeting Tria Lunar ... I don't tweet, but am curious to hear as much feedback on the ADL - so will check their Twitter.

10Slyvia, your faint 11's disappearing is VERY exciting Very Happy Great news! Thanks for sharing your skin care treatments of choice. I'm a late bloomer to skin care and am not familiar with derma rolling - will have to look into.

***EXCITING NEWS: I have no where to literally shout this out, I THINK THIS TRIA ADL IS A MIRACLE!!! ... granted, most of my face is currently "bronzed" with the little brown dots/melanin, splotchy due to the last 3 days of lasering. BUT, I tell you I did NOT have to wear concealer yesterday or today. Seriously gang, I have worn Laura Mercier concealer (pretty full coverage now that I'm 43), plus the finishing powder (so that there isn't a greasy shine), for about 10 years solid. It's something that I just figured I would have to do for as long as I could stand it. It takes me a good 5 minutes of applying that part of my make-up ... so, I'm thrilled if the results last and I can take back that time I spend in the bathroom getting ready. Due to heredity, I have (now had), puffy/bags AND darkness in my undereye area. I think the ADL is helping to both tighten/plump/thicken the skin around my eye area. The combination of these things has resulted in a huge improvement beneath my eyes. I feel like I'm going on and on, but for those of you that are on the look out for Tria ADL feeback/results, I know you would be excited to hear this.

The next thing, last night my husband and I had a dinner date nite ... He was gazing at me and said, wow your skin looks so "soft" ... for lack of descriptive beauty words, I think he meant more than just "soft". LOL. I felt that this has been a result of the ADL, giving me a glow, smoothing everything out.

Currently, I'm on week 4 at level 3.

Will keep you posted!
havana8

Thu May 01, 2014 7:30 am      Reply with quote
re-posting for Paula-D

Paula-D wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I bought a Tria anti age laser from the shopping channel two weeks ago. First week I used it on level 1 for five days. Second week on level 2 for 4 days. Just started on level 3. The two and a half minutes for each zone feels like a long time. My question to you lovely people is this.

Have any of you used it on the neck and hands. What results have you had?

My main concern for using this device is for civatte (broken capillaries on the face and neck) I am worried that this treatment is making it worse. Can anyone advise?

Thank you
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
re-posting for Paula-D

Paula-D wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I bought a Tria anti age laser from the shopping channel two weeks ago. First week I used it on level 1 for five days. Second week on level 2 for 4 days. Just started on level 3. The two and a half minutes for each zone feels like a long time. My question to you lovely people is this.

Have any of you used it on the neck and hands. What results have you had?

My main concern for using this device is for civatte (broken capillaries on the face and neck) I am worried that this treatment is making it worse. Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Hi Paula,

I would say that it's entirely possible that you are experiencing worsening of broken caps using the Tria laser. A friend of mine stopped using hers for this very reason, although I don't believe Tria will acknowledge this issue. I believe someone else mentioned this. If you are still in your 90-day warranty, which it sounds like you are, you should be able to return it if you are unhappy. Personally, I a saw brief lessening of fine lines after 1 round (8-week session) which was just temporary due to inflammation. I my opinion the Tria is not for people like me who have ultra sensitive skin. But another thing to note is that the laser is putting microscopic pin holes into the skin. So if one is very dry to begin with like me, it's also not a good thing. I just sold my Tria on Ebay. From this point forward, I will be concentrating on all things hydrating for my over 50 year old skin. I have found microcurrent masks and steaming to be the best bets for me. Next I am purchasing a professional galvanic unit to drive product deeper into the skin for increased hydration and skin plumping. No more Sahara Desert skin for me. Lol. Best, Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |