Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
uhoo22

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Some of you had previously mentioned using the Tria while you have derma fillers in. I wondered if you've noticed any adverse effects such as "losing" your filler more quickly. I want to get fillers and a touch of botox after I finish my first full round with Tria. Then, I want to start another round after taking a month or two off. I don't want to "lose" my fillers and botox though. Any advice? Greatly appreciated!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Uhoo.
I have the Reaura laser and I also have fillers. I have not found any loss of my fillers at all after using the Reuara. I make sure I wait 3 weeks after filling before I begin a round, overkill probably but not a long wait after all. Wait at least 2 weeks anyway.
uhoo22

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Mishey!That's a relief. Very Happy
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't think the laser reaches very deep into the skin - certainly not as deep as fillers should be injected.

But it doesn't hurt to be conservative.

I would worry more about botox than laser as it is injected quite superficially.

I've been using ReAura for 2 years now, in conjunction with various filling sessions and have not noticed any adverse results.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello EDS friends and Tria Users,

I have a friend who wants to sell her Tria. She only used it for one 8-week cycle. Purchased it over a year ago, still has her box and she's asking $400 for it including shipping. She plans to list it on Ebay, but if anyone here is interested, PM me before it goes up.

Best,
Aprile
Lunar6
5% products discount

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Uhoo, I've had regular botox for about 4 years now, only started using the tria a couple of months ago, I cant see any evidence that it in any way negates the botox.
Dcbroom

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Eharrison and Picklepeach, just wanted to give you my experience. I have olive skin, with a big patch of melasma on my forehead. Did Tria for about a month to six weeks. Seems like the melasma got a bit worse, and traveled down a bit between my eyebrows. Maybe it was just coming to the surface, but I got so scared that it was making it worse. Now I don't know what to do. I haven't returned it yet, I keep checking boards to see if it improves other people with melasma. How are you guys doing? Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of at a loss now.
kristinrebecca

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I am just into my second week of the Tria. I've been using level 2. I've trying to get rid of or reduce fine lines and wrinkles and freckles/age spots. I see conflicting info on whether I can continue to use Retin A along with the Tria so I've scaled way back on using it. Its a shame because I was getting very good results with it making my skin nice and clear and it was the only thing that helped with breakouts from using sunscreen. I've never been able to consistantly use it due to the breakouts until the Retin A. Frustrating. I believe I'm seeing smoother skin and a brightness I think with the laser, though I do have a rough flaky chin at the moment...probably due to retin A use on the weekend when I was off the laser. I'm going to go very lightly with the retin A in that area from now on or skip it altogether. I'm on the 5 days on, 2 days off plan. I believe the video I watched said 5 days on for 12 weeks then 8 weeks break. Is that what others are doing? I see others seem to have a different schedule for days and length of time? I could use a great night cream/lotion to help my skin with the soothing & rejuvenating process that won't break me out. Any suggestions? I will keep posting my results once a week and keep up with others results as well. So glad I stumbled across this site! Its lovely to see how others are doing as well with this Smile
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes, there's a difference plan for use with the Tria...in Canada, they told us 8 weeks on (using every day) and 4 weeks off. They started the other schedule when they brought the Tria into the USA market. I'm wondering if it's just different government/health regulations in the different countries.
Dcbroom...my friend, who is Chinese, used the Tria. It brought out a huge patch of melasma and it never went away. She sent it back but still struggles to find products that will eliminate the worsened melasma. Tria didn't seem overly concerned about her experience but she also never made a fuss about it, which I think I would have.
I'm Causasian and it eliminated all hyper pigmentation that I had on my face. So, it's different for different people. But I wonder how many Asian people this machine was tested on.
Dcbroom

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Shamus for telling me about your friend, and her experience with Tria.
picklepeach

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Dcbroom & shamus,

Thank you for posting about the melasma - and for the note on your friend who is Chinese - I'm Chinese too. Shortly after my last message, I was noticing of how my skin was becoming darker and darker, along with the melasma above my lip becoming darker and spreading larger. I've now stopped using the Tria for 6 weeks and don't think I'll be returning to it. I should have done more research before buying this - I wanted a quick fix and learned my lesson - was hopeful that it would truly work on "all skin types."

I just began a series of Jessner Peels to help fade/exfoliate the darkness off - it's improved - I'm not nearly as brown as I was 6 weeks ago. However, the melasma above my lip is still in the larger shape and in it's original "grey/tan" color.

Will keep you posted!
picklepeach

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Update:

I'm about 2 months post Tria ADL which I did for about 9 weeks, trickled down to 3-4 treatments in week 8 when I noticed my skin becoming browner and browner overall - and yet the exfoliating process seemed halted.

My skin is getting back to it's original coloring (not as brown) after 2 PCA Jessner Peels, 4 weeks apart. I also started using a physical sunblock religiously (my daily sunblock was the Jan Marini SPF 33 Antioxidant, which is totally chemical). I am now seeing some decent improvement in my melasma and overall radiance in my skin.

Unfortunately, my skin type is exactly the wrong type the TRIA ADL. If you are olive/slight tan (Fitzpatrick 4 or 5), scar easily, have issues with melasma, you will probably won't see improvements with the ADL as compared those with fair skin.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I find that when gliding the tria on my face, it doesnt glide that smoothly because my face is always a bit tacky. I can never get it all the way dry. Suggestions anyone. Does anyone else have this issue?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I find that when gliding the tria on my face, it doesnt glide that smoothly because my face is always a bit tacky. I can never get it all the way dry. Suggestions anyone. Does anyone else have this issue?

Tria seems to glide perfectly across my face. I wash my face with tea tree face wash (from Trader Joes) and then pat dry with a towel and wait a few minutes (that really gets all the oil off my face and makes it super dry) then use the Tria. The dryer/cleaner your face the easily it seems to glide. I have never had issues with it being able to glide. Maybe you're not washing your face well enough, or using a cleanser that's oil based?
Lunar6
5% products discount

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did find it a bit difficult to start with Sherry, I think I may have been pressing too hard.

I also didn't find the cleanser provided very helpful in that regard.

Having a completely dry and oil free skin seemed to make the tria sort of 'judder' rather than glide

Currently I clean/exfoliate my face with a cloth and hot water then moisturise a few hours before using the tria and I find it glides very well.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lunar6 wrote:
I did find it a bit difficult to start with Sherry, I think I may have been pressing too hard.

I also didn't find the cleanser provided very helpful in that regard.

Having a completely dry and oil free skin seemed to make the tria sort of 'judder' rather than glide

Currently I clean/exfoliate my face with a cloth and hot water then moisturise a few hours before using the tria and I find it glides very well.

Hmm, that's odd because I find that the dryer and cleaner my face is, the easier it glides. I also make sure not to press the device too hard into my skin and let it glide over the surface with very light pressure. Maybe some people press too hard, which causes the laser to catch and drag the skin? I guess everyone's skin is different.
Lunar6
5% products discount

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
well I guess we all have different skin textures such that what works for one may not work for another Wink

anyways I'm still using mine roughly on a 2 days on one day off schedule and still happy with the results.
I'm towards the end of my second 2 month block of treatment but I still have the little brown dots.

I'm curious as to whether others have found the same...I was under the impression that they little brown dots would stop after the first round of treatment?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lunar6 wrote:
well I guess we all have different skin textures such that what works for one may not work for another Wink

anyways I'm still using mine roughly on a 2 days on one day off schedule and still happy with the results.
I'm towards the end of my second 2 month block of treatment but I still have the little brown dots.

I'm curious as to whether others have found the same...I was under the impression that they little brown dots would stop after the first round of treatment?

That is very true, everyone skin is textured differently, I was just trying to figure out how she can make it glide easier. Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Also, did anyone receive a $50 off coupon for Tria products because of the faulty charger problem? I just used mine to order a bottle of finishing serum, got it for $15.00. Cool
kristinrebecca

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
We just finished week 6 (my husband and I...hes a trooper and finds it pretty stingy still.) I believe my skin is looking nicer...not sure about any disappearing wrinkles or age related spots going away yet, though my husband thinks my wrinkles look better. I cant see any difference on him yet. I could not do away with using my Retin A or it was back to breaking out with the use of sunscreen. I use the Retin A every other night and it does help with exfoliation and keeping my skin looking fresh and clear. Without it I think my skin would be very dry and scaly with the Tria. I am using the Tria serum trial on my nights off the Retin A till thats gone. I do have the issue with the Tria not gliding nicely on my forehead...everywhere else its fine. Half way through our 12 week using mark I would say the jurys still out on whether I think the Tria is doing any anti aging...more so right now I think the benefits are coming from the Retin A I've been using for several months. Hoping for better results the next 6 weeks.
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on week 7 of my first 12-week block,and I definitely see a reduction in the fine lines I had that were the beginning of crow's feet.

I am exfoliating a lot to get rid of the dry skin as much as possible.

The only area I have a hard time gliding it along the skin is on my neck, but I assume it's because my neck is not as firm as my facial skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 am      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:

The only area I have a hard time gliding it along the skin is on my neck, but I assume it's because my neck is not as firm as my facial skin.

I haven't done my neck yet, I'll have to start doing it!

I found a great product to use after the laser (or any fraxel treatment) I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it, it's called biafine. It's a water based emulsion used to treat burns, abrasions, etc. I got a HUGE tube of it on eBay, that will probably last me years, for $27.00, it comes from France I believe.

I apply a very thin layer after I use my Tria and then go on with my day. It reduces redness and really calms the skin, even much better than Tria's own serum. Smells pleasant, doesn't clog my pores, and again this $27.00 tube will last forever. I already have two full tubes of Tria's finishing serum (1 that was included and 1 that I paid $16 for) but really love the biafine. It's amazing how much it calms the skin after the laser! I recommend it instead of paying $65 for Tria's serum.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I love Biafine! I did a review of it a few years ago after my derm prescribed it for me to use after a Fraxel treatment. I use it after all my IPL's and peels.
I will have to look for it on Ebay since I am all out and it is only by RX here.
Is the Tria good for neck wrinkles and fine lines then?
I am a little afraid of it after reading the reviews since I have a bit of melasma there and am afraid of making it worse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I love Biafine! I did a review of it a few years ago after my derm prescribed it for me to use after a Fraxel treatment. I use it after all my IPL's and peels.
I will have to look for it on Ebay since I am all out and it is only by RX here.
Is the Tria good for neck wrinkles and fine lines then?
I am a little afraid of it after reading the reviews since I have a bit of melasma there and am afraid of making it worse.

Yes, look on eBay, I bought 139.5g (HUGE TUBE, SIZE OF TOOTHPASTE) for $27.00, I just checked and the same seller is now selling them for $24.00. SO AFFORDABLE. And it's the best thing to put on your face after a laser treatment. After using my Tria, I slather on a thin layer and keep it on for the rest of the day. It calms my skin so quickly and the redness is gone 2x as fast as before. DON'T BUY TRIA'S SERUM, BUY BIAFINE!!!! Smile $27.00 on a tube that will last years. It's also good if you get a bad sunburn, or in general just a moisturizer.
Becst*r
5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love this forum so much and taken onboard so much advice and tips from everyone. I have been reading this massive thread over the last couple of days, which again is full of so much invaluable information!

I am at the point where I will buy a Tria (ordered my Pico last week from EDS after reading all the forum threads and been using my Merbe for several weeks Very Happy) however as I am in Australia finding a source at a reasonable price is proving tricky. All available to me are clearly taking advantage of limited availability to Oz, I will have to suck it up...but if someone happens to want to sell theirs please PM me. Otherwise I will look to purchase in 2-3 weeks time.

I have always, always battled with uneven skin tone/hyperpigmentation. It is the greatest bane of my life, I dread to think how much I have spent on products and procedures to manage it. I have finally figured out how to manage it, so now eliminating/diminishing it is now my goal and I'm hoping the Tria will assist. I have been disappointed so many times that my expectations are quite realistic. I can live with the oiliness, enlarged pores and occasional break outs if the tone was more even.

I'm fast becoming a beauty tool/product addict but with all the information on this forum I find I am purchasing far more wisely. Thanks again!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |