Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Tria yesterday and was so excited to start using it. However it is not charging?! Charges for maybe 10 seconds and turns off. The Exclamation (error) light then comes on. I keep putting it back in the dock and then it might charge for 1 second and turn off. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me being in Australia. Although it shouldn't as it is worldwide voltage?

I unplugged the cord and tried using the USB charger in my computer as well, but this didn't work either.

Tria want me to phone them, however worried they might realise my location. In the booklet it says something about the warranty being void if it is sold for use outside Canada Sad
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried using your tria, goodbye kitty?. Mine seemed to be partially charged as I did a treatment right out of the box. Just wondering if you just have to use some of the power so it can recharge. I used mine once when I got it then charged it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:
I received my Tria yesterday and was so excited to start using it. However it is not charging?! Charges for maybe 10 seconds and turns off. The Exclamation (error) light then comes on. I keep putting it back in the dock and then it might charge for 1 second and turn off. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me being in Australia. Although it shouldn't as it is worldwide voltage?

I unplugged the cord and tried using the USB charger in my computer as well, but this didn't work either.

Tria want me to phone them, however worried they might realise my location. In the booklet it says something about the warranty being void if it is sold for use outside Canada Sad

I had to call to get my activated...I think that is your problem because mine acted the same way until I called. I am in the US and told them so when I called. At that time they said I was one of the only ones to have it in the US, they were helpful and once they unloked it I could charge it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:

When I phoned to activate the Tria they said it comes fully charged and ready to use right out of the box. It's not charging because it doesn't need to. Give it a try and see what happens. Good luck and let us know!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
you can also go to triabeauty.ca and activate it online. That's how I did it.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Toby and I must have posted the same time. I meant to also say you might have to activate by phone or online.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Toby - no problem, glad I could help Very Happy .

pandora77 - I have found that the Tria has helped my acne and I do think that my pores look a little smaller. I spoke to Tria customer service and they told me that I could continue to use my retin-a. I have had no issues using both at the same time but YMMV.

Thanks doodles, that was very helpful indeed! I think I will give Tria a call myself in the next day or so to ask a few questions directly and if satisfied I will take the plunge, happy to hear that it can be used with Retin A apparently Philips say not to use Retinoids with the ReAura but perhaps that is due to it being different technology. I will just be cautious and take everything slow to avoid problems.

Thanks again!
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone maybe that is the problem that it is already fully charged! Very Happy Fingers crossed thats it! I am out at the moment so can't test it. But will when I get home in a few hours. I did try it on my arm last night but it would only work a few seconds and then the power light would go off as well as the pink lights on the side.

I did activate it using the online website but maybe it didn't go through properly. So it could also be this! When activated online it only told em to hold the power button down for 8 beeps (from memory), then I assumed it was activated. Is this right?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:
Thanks everyone maybe that is the problem that it is already fully charged! Very Happy Fingers crossed thats it! I am out at the moment so can't test it. But will when I get home in a few hours. I did try it on my arm last night but it would only work a few seconds and then the power light would go off as well as the pink lights on the side.

I did activate it using the online website but maybe it didn't go through properly. So it could also be this! When activated online it only told em to hold the power button down for 8 beeps (from memory), then I assumed it was activated. Is this right?

fingers crossed! Smile
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
No luck unfortunately Sad The power button wont go on at all, just the Exclamation light comes up when turning it on.

I tried to activate it again online, but it said it is already activated. I will phone Tria when they reopen their phone lines. Hopefully they can sort it out!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hey all you Tria gals. I got an email from tria for specials on the cleanser/serum or the duo
Use promo code Replenish
Sale prices...cleanser $30.00
Serum...$52
Duo...$80.00
Blessings all!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and a special thanks to the poster who suggested to use emu oil (apologies for forgetting who!)....OMG...I did my Tria on level 3 then after the serum, I used a little emu oil. And it didn't happen right away but 2 hours later and my face has REALLY toned down in redness and pain. It might actually be doable for me to increase to level 3 if I continue with the emu oil. Great suggestion and blessings to all

Hey goodbyekitty....any luck?
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shamus, no luck unfortunately. It's on its way back to Canada now. They are sending a replacement but I have to go through the shipping forwarder again to get it to Australia.
Sad
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Well I have spoke to Tria today and finally taken the plunge and bought a Tria laser!!!!

It should hopefully get here next week so I will be waiting impatiently no doubt! I will share my result with you all as soon as I have some Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - any news on the results you are seeing.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

Yes I am seeing results...Have finished 8 weeks and I just wish I had taken pictures so you guys could see the before and after results. I had a few brown spots on my arms and they responded very quickly to the treatment and are now so faint only I would know where they were...they were very visible before...first thing you noticed on my arm. The hands look really good..I was beginning to see some crepey look on the top of my hands and within the first four weeks that was gone. Face...I had the beginnings of fine lines at my mouth corners, now they are almost not visible....not completely gone but so minimal they aren't noticeable. Two brown spots on my cheek, very faint and almost gone. Under the eyes...this is the best area of success, the skin has smoothed out and even seems thicker. It looks like it did 10-15 years ago. This device is a bargain for the money....I love love it. I will rest the skin for four weeks and go for round two to finish the deal!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Toby: You mention you notice a difference under the eyes. How close do you go to your lower eye with the device? I'm nervous to go too close but since this is my real problem area, I don't want to avoid it either.

Btw...I'm just over two weeks with the Tria and it is interesting to see my age spots appear! (not a typo...I did say appear) If you watch the Tria video where they show how it works, it all makes sense. My age spots are coming to the surface (tiny ones that were under the surface and I didn't even know they were there) and then they are virtually being 'blasted' away. In my 15x mirror I can see that they are little clusters of dots that are being blown up bit-by-bit.

Still 6 weeks from seeing my optimal results but at this point I'm very hopeful!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

Yes I am seeing results...Have finished 8 weeks and I just wish I had taken pictures so you guys could see the before and after results. I had a few brown spots on my arms and they responded very quickly to the treatment and are now so faint only I would know where they were...they were very visible before...first thing you noticed on my arm. The hands look really good..I was beginning to see some crepey look on the top of my hands and within the first four weeks that was gone. Face...I had the beginnings of fine lines at my mouth corners, now they are almost not visible....not completely gone but so minimal they aren't noticeable. Two brown spots on my cheek, very faint and almost gone. Under the eyes...this is the best area of success, the skin has smoothed out and even seems thicker. It looks like it did 10-15 years ago. This device is a bargain for the money....I love love it. I will rest the skin for four weeks and go for round two to finish the deal!

Thank you for the great update, I am so pleased it has worked for you Toby.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
Toby: You mention you notice a difference under the eyes. How close do you go to your lower eye with the device? I'm nervous to go too close but since this is my real problem area, I don't want to avoid it either.

Btw...I'm just over two weeks with the Tria and it is interesting to see my age spots appear! (not a typo...I did say appear) If you watch the Tria video where they show how it works, it all makes sense. My age spots are coming to the surface (tiny ones that were under the surface and I didn't even know they were there) and then they are virtually being 'blasted' away. In my 15x mirror I can see that they are little clusters of dots that are being blown up bit-by-bit.

Still 6 weeks from seeing my optimal results but at this point I'm very hopeful!

I hold the device upright and it is positioned to where the window is right on the orbital bone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:
PQ - how does it compare power-wise to the reaura?

Not PQ but I do have the ReAura. I didn't see anywhere in the information about triabeauty what the power/watts etc. was but it says your should use it everyday for 8 weeks. Because you are only supposed to use the ReAura 2 times a week for 8 weeks I would think the ReAura laser is stronger. You also have to use a gel on your face while doing the ReAura treatment. There is no gel involved with the Tria Beauty. That to me is a nice thing but might mean that it is not a strong.

ReAura
Use 2 times a week for 8 weeks
3 power levels-level 1 just for practice
Use gel on face during treatment
Face divided into 3 areas
Each area takes 6 to 8 minutes(total time 18-24)
Available only in certain place in Europe curently
Based on Fraxel laser technology

Triabeauty
Use everyday for 8 weeks
3 power levels all usable
No product on face while doing treatment
Face divided into 4 zones
Each area time on face using different settings
Low-30 seconds
Medium-1 minute
High-up to 2 1/2 minutes
Total time on face(2-10 min)
Looks like it might be only available in Canada but I can't tell for sure???
Uses non-ablative fractional technology
30 day money back guarantee

The way both lasers are used looks very similar.
Triabeauty seems like it would be less powerful but it might all equal out because you use it more often. Total time a week with ReAura 48 minutes. With Triabeauty at the highest setting for 7 days would be 70 minutes. Really hard to say which is better until Triabeauty comes out.

ETA There is quite a big price difference between the two lasers ReAura I is 799 pounds while the Triabeauty is 495 Canadian dollars.

This is very helpful!!! The only thing I wish is that ReAura has a lower price and available in Canada. Maybe EDS will sell it.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:
PQ - how does it compare power-wise to the reaura?

Not PQ but I do have the ReAura. I didn't see anywhere in the information about triabeauty what the power/watts etc. was but it says your should use it everyday for 8 weeks. Because you are only supposed to use the ReAura 2 times a week for 8 weeks I would think the ReAura laser is stronger. You also have to use a gel on your face while doing the ReAura treatment. There is no gel involved with the Tria Beauty. That to me is a nice thing but might mean that it is not a strong.

ReAura
Use 2 times a week for 8 weeks
3 power levels-level 1 just for practice
Use gel on face during treatment
Face divided into 3 areas
Each area takes 6 to 8 minutes(total time 18-24)
Available only in certain place in Europe curently
Based on Fraxel laser technology

Triabeauty
Use everyday for 8 weeks
3 power levels all usable
No product on face while doing treatment
Face divided into 4 zones
Each area time on face using different settings
Low-30 seconds
Medium-1 minute
High-up to 2 1/2 minutes
Total time on face(2-10 min)
Looks like it might be only available in Canada but I can't tell for sure???
Uses non-ablative fractional technology
30 day money back guarantee

The way both lasers are used looks very similar.
Triabeauty seems like it would be less powerful but it might all equal out because you use it more often. Total time a week with ReAura 48 minutes. With Triabeauty at the highest setting for 7 days would be 70 minutes. Really hard to say which is better until Triabeauty comes out.

ETA There is quite a big price difference between the two lasers ReAura I is 799 pounds while the Triabeauty is 495 Canadian dollars.

This is very helpful!!! The only thing I wish is that ReAura has a lower price and available in Canada. Maybe EDS will sell it.

I am trying to get hold of one in London on Friday, so I can write a review and compare it to the ReAura!

Philip
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
In the UK the Tria product can be ordered via Amazon, just FYI!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much PQ.

I guess I should take a look at Canadian Amazon also.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
If you are in the UK you can see the machine in Selfridges in London.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
If you are in the UK you can see the machine in Selfridges in London.

PQ

You're sweet! I live in Canada and I hope it will be available here. I don't like to pay so much for shipping and all the other hidden fees when a product is sent to me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |