Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ReginaB
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
For those with the Tria, what amount of use do you get between charges? I get approx 2.5 sessions at Level 3 before the battery dies. Does anyone know if we are better off to completely drain the battery between uses in order for it to not shorten the battery life?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I only use it for one session on my face. So it beeps twice and does the "all finished" beep. Do you mean 2.5 complete sessions? If so, I think that is good as I think it takes a lot of power. Or do you mean, you can only do 2.5 zones on your face before it dies?
ReginaB
5% products discount

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I can do 2.5 complete sessions on my face (all 3 zones) before the battery runs out. Should we be completely discharging the battery between uses or charging everytime between use. Does anyone know? Does this battery have a memory like a laptop or cordless phone battery?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
ReginaB wrote:
Sorry, I can do 2.5 complete sessions on my face (all 3 zones) before the battery runs out. Should we be completely discharging the battery between uses or charging everytime between use. Does anyone know? Does this battery have a memory like a laptop or cordless phone battery?

I'm not sure on the answer to this, I only do one session on the face and then recharge it. You could try contacting Tria to find out for sure.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
ReginaB wrote:

I don't know if it is same kind of battery but ReAura says to let it completely discharge. The power button starts to glow orange and then after that session it is time to recharge.You can get at least 5 sessions (all of face,neck,chest,hands and forearm) before you have to recharge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 am      Reply with quote
ReginaB wrote:

I emailed Tria support for you.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I started using mine last Saturday on the medium setting as I regularly use Obagi and renova so I thought my skin could handle it. "OUCH" the first few days it really stung for an hour or so after and my face was kind of red. It looks alittle tan right now, slighly sandpapery. I'm hoping to try high on Friday because I figure I'll need time to recoop. Kind of scares me really because it's pretty intense to me, even on medium and on high you go up to 2.5 minutes instead of 1 minute on medium. Maybe I'll end up looking like Bozo, huh Shamus?
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I need some advice from my fellow Tria users...I've developed some redness and minor swelling that has me concerned. It's hard to describe where it is but I'll try...it is just under my eye socket. If I take my thumb and place it beside my nose the red spots are right beside my thumb. I've heard the area referred to as 'festoons'. I do have saggy skin in that area normally and have been treating it with my Tria in the hopes that it will tighten up. This redness and puffiness is new (showed up yesterday and has continued into today)....36 hours later I still have it. I called Tria and they were not at all helpful (first time actually...all of my other contact with them has been most helpful). They suggested I see a doctor...which I know I don't need to do.

So...have any of you experienced this? Did it go away? I'm wondering if I should avoid treating that area?? Kind of at a loss here. I'm on level 2 (only did level 3 once and that was in my 2nd week...not going back there ever likely!) Also, I just finished week three of my treatments.

Thoughts?? Anyone?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
hi. I am using Reaura. After treatment 3 I had red patches exactly where you describe. They went away, after hanging around for two or three days. I hope that yours will disapear quickly too. Smile
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I can't help you with regards to the area of concern but I just finished my 4th week, on level 2 and I'm always red (everyone thinks I have high blood pressure) and look a little swollen too. Tria says that this is normal for some people. I'd phone Tria again...I get a different person every time...some are good, some not so good.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Starting on level 3 after about the 3rd treatment my face in areas looked slightly swollen and red in patches and felt like sandpaper...looked terrible really. I skipped a treatment to just give my skin a rest and kept it well moisturized. The next day swelling was down, still have a slight tanned or sunburnt look but I think that's normal with laser treatments. I will continue on level 3 and either skip a treatment now & then or scale back to level 2 for a bit if face is looking battered.

Skincare, my thoughts are to avoid that area until it normalizes and go over that area lightly when starting again. I really think giving the skin a rest occasionally can help with adjusting. What are you using after treatment?
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your advice and comments. After treatment I use the Tria serum and nothing else for a few hours...excpet that I spritz with my Avene spray to calm down the burning. Normally I use my usual Jouviance routine (serum, anti-oxidant)before bed. Tonight I purchased some Avene Skin Recovery Cream as my cosmetics gal at my local Shoppers Drug Mart tells me it's great to deal with redness...I will try that and see if it helps. I think I'll avoid the area with the Tria for a few days and see if that helps. I do have other red areas that don't seem to calm down so I'm thinking maybe some areas of our skin are just more sensitive than others??

Appreciate the feedback on this as always. Thanks.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well I just used my Tria tonight for the first time after getting it yesterday. I just used it on level 1 and will probably do another couple at that level before going to level 2. I am not sure about level 3, I will need to wait and see how I get on at level 2 first. I found it stung a bit at level one, more of a sharp tingle similar to a mild tca peel and still feels a bit stingy but I am not at all red. I take it level one doesn't actually do much? I also found the cleanser very drying.

I do have a question about avoiding moles and spots that are healing up? I have a mole quite close to my under eye area where I'd like to treat but obviously I need to avoid this has anyone else this issue? Could I cover the mole with a peice of surgical tape to protect it in case I glide over it?

Any ideas greatfully recieved!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
Thanks for your advice and comments. After treatment I use the Tria serum and nothing else for a few hours...excpet that I spritz with my Avene spray to calm down the burning. Normally I use my usual Jouviance routine (serum, anti-oxidant)before bed. Tonight I purchased some Avene Skin Recovery Cream as my cosmetics gal at my local Shoppers Drug Mart tells me it's great to deal with redness...I will try that and see if it helps. I think I'll avoid the area with the Tria for a few days and see if that helps. I do have other red areas that don't seem to calm down so I'm thinking maybe some areas of our skin are just more sensitive than others??

Appreciate the feedback on this as always. Thanks.

Yeah the feedback from everyone certainly helps through the process. After all the pain I hope we're going to see a lot of gain!LOL

You're right some areas are more sensitive, for me it's the jawline and around the mouth. Shamus mentioned she uses an ice pack after treatment for awhile and I found that helps alot. Thanks shamus!! Hope the Avene cream helps!

pandora~ I have a mole under my right eye which I've been avoiding and it's kind of a hassle trying to do as much of this area as I can.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I have a mole right in the middle of my cheek which I haven't been avoiding at all. Why are we supposed to avoid moles? Guess I missed that info..oops. Thanks all
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't recall reading anything about moles...I'm not sure that you can't treat them. That might be a good question for Tria. The day before I received my Tria, I burned the side of my forehead with my flat iron so I've had to avoid that spot during treatments. It is a bit of a pain but when I get near the area, I just cover it with my finger and sort of go around it. If you are not to treat moles I would think just holding your finger tip on the mole when you are near it would suffice.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm using avene calming cream too, I think is called Cicalfate..? I also use emu oil. It takes a while to calm down.. But it's ok by the time I do the next treatment. Although it is persistently rough on my forehead and chest. Very very dry, despite oil etc.
Wink
Bunnybond
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi all Smile
I'm wavering on buying this device (there's a discount voucher for £60 (AUTUMN60) if bought before the 6th November in GB), so was hoping somebody could help answer my querie.
Has anyone managed to use the Tria successfully on the nose or neck? I know Tria say that the laser's meant to target the face only, it's just that I have quite a few pigmentation patches in those areas.
Thanks Smile
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Bunnybond wrote:
Hi all Smile
I'm wavering on buying this device (there's a discount voucher for £60 (AUTUMN60) if bought before the 6th November in GB), so was hoping somebody could help answer my querie.
Has anyone managed to use the Tria successfully on the nose or neck? I know Tria say that the laser's meant to target the face only, it's just that I have quite a few pigmentation patches in those areas.
Thanks Smile

Hi,

I haven't used it on my neck but I did run the device over my nose last night and it seemed fine, it was my first time using the trial and I was at level 1. I think nose might be quite sensitive so not sure how it goes at higher levels. I think other use it on the nose as I asked this before I bought mine. I don't have any pigmentation but large pores are a problem.

Good luck!
Bunnybond
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply Pandora77, think it sounds probably the best idea to use on the lowest level.
Think I'm deffo going to take the plunge, surely it can't be no worse than derma rolling or stamping Shock
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Bunnybond, I'm really happy I purchased this little machine. The really dark pigmentation on the upper cheekbones and at the side of my face is almost gone! And I've used all kinds of lightening creams to get rid of it with no success. My cheeks seem smoother looking but I'm still "sandpaper" dry but even that is lessening each day. I've just finished week 4 so I'll be completed the 8 weeks by the end of November and have all of December to get gorgeous! Dancing Can you imagine at the end of a year how great we will all look! So exciting!Blessings to all for a super, safe and happy weekend!
Bunnybond
5% products discount

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply shamus Smile
I've now taken the plunge & just bought my Tria!!!
So fingers crossed I'm soon seeing the same positive results as you & the others on the forum.
Think I now need to go have a large esspresso before logging on & checking my bank balance - whoops! Laughing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Bunnybond wrote:
Hi all Smile
Thanks Smile

I have used the Tria successfully on my neck, nose,hands, and areas on my arms as well as all of my face. I have completed the 8 weeks and now am in the second week of the rest period....my skin looks better each day!My fine lines are vanishing and brown spots are only a memory. The texture of my skin is so smooth that I am amazed. Here's to absolutely loving the results!

5% products discount

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby
I'm really excited now & can't wait until my Tria has been shipped & is in my grubby little mits!
Sounds like you've had & are still having amazing results with the it.
As well as an improvement in pigmentation, texture & fine lines, I'm also hoping for a slight lifting effect (thank you Dad for my jowls Confused). So keeping my fingers crossed for a minor miracle Wink
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Received mine (in Australia) today!!! So excited, I just about hugged the EMS delivery guy. I cant beleive it was delivered on a Sunday.

Anyway cleansed my skin and gave it a whirl. All good. Very straight forward. Did my chest area first where I am tackling pigmentation and mild Poikiloderma of Civatte. I started on level 2, but couldn't feel much so upped it to level 3. Mildly uncomfortable but nothing like dermarolling or TCA peels. It started going red and stayed red for about an hour.

Did my face on level 2. Some areas went red, others didn't at all. Will probably go to level 3 tomorrow. ( I have very resilient skin).

Also did my arms on level 3. I found I couldn't feel it much on my arms and they didn't flush like the other areas, so hopefully it still works?

Anyway, feeling very happy and positive about my new purchase and hope to be more beautiful by Christmas!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |