Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have some Canadian friends and got one to order the Tria rejuvenating skin laser for me. I have used it twice and am very impressed with it.It has lots of punch and I am kinda surprised it has ended up for home use....I think it will deliver results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh Toby I am so pleased you have one, looking forward to your reviews on it. The one thing I disappointed in is that it is so expensive here in the UK compared to Canada.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Oh Toby I am so pleased you have one, looking forward to your reviews on it. The one thing I disappointed in is that it is so expensive here in the UK compared to Canada.

I agree, there isn't a huge price difference between the ReAura and the Tria, and the ReAura is using Fraxel approved technology. I was amazed when I saw the price for the Tria was £550.00. With the conversion from Canadian dollars, it should be about £350.00.

So there is a £250.00 price difference, it is going to be very interesting to see if the Tria can compete with the ReAura, I am very interested in Toby's findings, and really pleased one of us has bought one.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I am loving the Tria. It is easy to use and I am surprised at the strength. I first used it on high because my skin is very resilient. My face turned red and the stinging sensation lasted until I went to bed but I was fine the next day. I decided to use the medium level and it is powerful enough still turning my face red and having the tingling sensation but by morning all is well. I am treating my face neck and some brown spots on my arm and cleavage area. I am more than impressed with the fading of the spots so quickly. I do have three newly acquired fine lines at the corner of my mouth and that will truly be the test to see what happens there. I honestly haven't had any issue with fine lines until these occured...my guess menopause brought these on... Laughing
As far as protocol for the device.....You have to register the the Tria before it can be unlocked for use. During the registering you are asked questions and they make sure you are understanding the use of the device before you start. I was told I was one of the few in the US with the device. I will try to report my experience and my results as much as I can.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Oh thanks so much Toby will look forward to your reports.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am loving the Tria. It is easy to use and I am surprised at the strength. I first used it on high because my skin is very resilient. My face turned red and the stinging sensation lasted until I went to bed but I was fine the next day. I decided to use the medium level and it is powerful enough still turning my face red and having the tingling sensation but by morning all is well. I am treating my face neck and some brown spots on my arm and cleavage area. I am more than impressed with the fading of the spots so quickly. I do have three newly acquired fine lines at the corner of my mouth and that will truly be the test to see what happens there. I honestly haven't had any issue with fine lines until these occured...my guess menopause brought these on... Laughing
As far as protocol for the device.....You have to register the the Tria before it can be unlocked for use. During the registering you are asked questions and they make sure you are understanding the use of the device before you start. I was told I was one of the few in the US with the device. I will try to report my experience and my results as much as I can.

Thanks Toby.
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, I am anxious to see how our devices compare...wish there wasn't an ocean between us!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Is it more powerful than the palovia?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
PQ, I am anxious to see how our devices compare...wish there wasn't an ocean between us!

Me too honey!

pq

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - do the instructions say how many joules the unit is or what do the specs say?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am excited to try it! (sitting in box in my spare BR, lol!). (will wait until Oct. until botox/restylane settle)

My appt. is mid September, don't want to start laser right before injections. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Toby - do the instructions say how many joules the unit is or what do the specs say?

specs-laser output- class IM, 1440nm,12mj/pluse max

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Two weeks into my Tria Laser treatments and I can see a very noticeable change in brown spots on my hand and one on my cheek....very faint now. Waiting for three fine lines at the corner of my mouth to disappear but they are still there...no noticeable change yet. I like the device very much...easy to use and although I am sunburn looking after the treatment on high I am okay the next day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Toby, does the Tria laser use any gel during the treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Toby, does the Tria laser use any gel during the treatment?

No there is a preconditioning wash to use prior to treatment and then a serum to use after. The treatment is more intensive that I thought it would be but my skin is not sensitive to treatments. I think some people would have a hard time handling this

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Two weeks into my Tria Laser treatments and I can see a very noticeable change in brown spots on my hand and one on my cheek....very faint now.

Have you noticed any difference in tightness of the skin on your face?
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered my Tria! Should be here in about 10 days. I was wondering if anyone uses Environ products while using this or the ReAura?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Just ordered my Tria! Should be here in about 10 days. I was wondering if anyone uses Environ products while using this or the ReAura?

I just started using Environ products about 10 days ago and I am using ReAura. I only put it on the areas I did a treatment on every couple days because I am still concerned about the people at ReAura saying not to use Retin A while doing treatments. I know Environ is not RA but it does have Vit A in the stuff I'm using so I'm torn. I am using it everyday on other areas that aren't getting zapped at the moment.

Toby, do you know if Tria has a list of products you shouldn't use while doing treatments? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
doodles wrote:

I just started using Environ products about 10 days ago and I am using ReAura. I only put it on the areas I did a treatment on every couple days because I am still concerned about the people at ReAura saying not to use Retin A while doing treatments. I know Environ is not RA but it does have Vit A in the stuff I'm using so I'm torn. I am using it everyday on other areas that aren't getting zapped at the moment.

Toby, do you know if Tria has a list of products you shouldn't use while doing treatments? Thanks

Hi Cookie,
This is off of the Shopping Channel website:

CAUTIONS: The device should not be used on skin that contains permanent makeup or is tattooed, infected, burned or cut. During treatments, you may feel mild discomfort such as a slight warming or prickling, which many users say feels like a sunburn. These are all normal side effects and generally subside within a few minutes or hours. They will diminish with continued use as the skin adapts to the treatment. The Rejuvenating Laser Finishing Serum can help minimize these side effects. Do not use if you are under the age of 18, and do not allow children to play with or use this device. Consult a health care professional first if you are pregnant or undergoing professional cosmetic treatments, such as a skin peel, laser resurfacing or filler injections. Also consult a health care professional if you have a significant medical skin condition, your skin is unusually sensitive to light or your skin easily develops a rash or allergic reaction, if you are taking a medicine, such as isotretinoin or other oral retinoid (e.g. Accutane) that requires you to avoid sunlight or that contains a steroid, or you have a medical condition that increases sensitivity to light.

So from what I understand they caution against oral isotretinoin or other oral retinoids - no topicals mentioned. What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Customer Care for Tria skin rejuvenating laser

Call

Monday - Friday: 6am — 7pm (PST)
Saturday: 7am — 4pm (PST)
Sunday: 7am — 1pm (PST)
1-877-321-8742

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
CookieD wrote:
doodles wrote:

So from what I understand they caution against oral isotretinoin or other oral retinoids - no topicals mentioned. What do you think?

Thanks Toby. That sounds like the kind of information that was in the ReAura paperwork. It didn't mention Vit a or c but when I posed the question on their website is when they told me not to use it. I think it is more of a covering all your bases kind of thing but I am still somewhat concerned about the Vit a because they do tell you to stay away from that when you get a laser treatment at the Dr's. office. The big difference is the laser at the doctors is a lot stronger and you don't do nearly as many treatments as you do with these home lasers so you don't have to be off Vit a for so long of a time period.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin-A. The general advice from doctors is to use RA to prep the skin for a laser treatment, then to stop using it a week before. You can continue use after the skin has healed post treatment. The reason for stopping is because RA increases the skin's sensitivity to light. However, according to Dr. Arthur Kligman (one of the pioneers of RA) this isn't an issue as he states the skin eventually adjusts. I'm inclined to agree with this - but, obviously, doctors who are doing laser treatments err on the side of caution.

I'm currently using the ReAura on my face so have stopped using Retin-A - but I recently bought some DIY Retinol and am going to add it to my RoseHip Oil. If your skin can handle it and you are applying sunscreen - I'd say it won't be a problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what Dr. Kligman has to say about the photo-sensitization of Retin-A:

Quote:
A common misconception is that tretinoin is a photosensitizer. Although initially the face does become somewhat more susceptible to sunburn, this effect normalizes after the drug has been applied for a couple of months. In the meantime, all that is required are simple protective measures, such as avoiding the midday sun, applying a broad-spectrum titanium dioxide-based sunscreen (sun protection factor >15), and wearing a wide-brimmed hat.

I have this article on my computer but, unfortunately, I have no web link.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Quote:
A common misconception is that tretinoin is a photosensitizer. Although initially the face does become somewhat more susceptible to sunburn, this effect normalizes after the drug has been applied for a couple of months. In the meantime, all that is required are simple protective measures, such as avoiding the midday sun, applying a broad-spectrum titanium dioxide-based sunscreen (sun protection factor >15), and wearing a wide-brimmed hat.

Thanks for that Keliu. I'm going to continue using my Environ products and my retin-a - cautiously - with the Tria and see how it go's. Right now I do a cosmetic roll every night and use retin-a .1% afterwards a couple of nights a week and the Environ products the rest of the week with no adverse effects.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Quote:

Thanks Keliu, I have never heard about the sun sensitivity normalizing.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |