Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
I've read your great reviews of Philips ReAura.
Would like to know your feedback on Tria since you've used it, as to why it's not a "showstopper for you"? Thanks Smile

photoqueen wrote:
I love the ReAura, brilliant machine, everyone know what a supporter I am of this device, but it is nice with Tria the treatment is dry, but it isn't a showstopper for me. PQ

Thanks for the kind words about the review.

The ReAura gel is not a showstopper, as the device works really well, it is a professional home machine, that gives you the results, if you read everyone else's review you can see the ReAura is very popular and is not a toy.

I have only used the Tria once so it is early days. But is quite nice not to have to use gel, but I have only just started using the device.

I am still fully behind the ReAura, as I did get some great results, and will use the device in the future.

Looking at both devices today, I would say they are both professionally made, work as per the instructions, and do what they say on the box.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious if any of you have used topical numbing cream? It might take some of the ouch away. I think you can buy it now on line maybe at all day chemist or a site like that...also at Sona Med Spa you can walk in and buy it.
I was given it for laser hair removal years ago..and keep a tube on hand for any beauty treatment that involves any level of pain and it works very well.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
PQ,
As you do your review on the Tria one thing that several of us didn't realize in doing treatments was how important it is to clean the window after each treatment. I mistakenly thought I was adjusting to the treatments and the sting wasn't so bad and low and behold it was that the window of the unit needed cleaning! Rolling Eyes Once I cleaned it the ouch and bite was back to the unit. Laughing Needless to say I am not good about reading instructions!!!! Laughing

For those of you following the laser threads I recommend saving your money that you normally spend on actives and splurge on one of these babies! I speak for the Tria but the Phillips thread says the same thing...they produce results!!!! Dancing I am so thankful for these home devices!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
That's so interesting about the Aloe gel, so I could buy the gadget and just use this instead of their expensive stuff?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
PQ,
As you do your review on the Tria one thing that several of us didn't realize in doing treatments was how important it is to clean the window after each treatment. I mistakenly thought I was adjusting to the treatments and the sting wasn't so bad and low and behold it was that the window of the unit needed cleaning! Rolling Eyes Once I cleaned it the ouch and bite was back to the unit. Laughing Needless to say I am not good about reading instructions!!!! Laughing

For those of you following the laser threads I recommend saving your money that you normally spend on actives and splurge on one of these babies! I speak for the Tria but the Phillips thread says the same thing...they produce results!!!! Dancing I am so thankful for these home devices!!!!

Toby

Thanks for the top-tip!

Just cleaned it, ready for treatment two.

Thanks as always.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
That's so interesting about the Aloe gel, so I could buy the gadget and just use this instead of their expensive stuff?

Zelda, that is what I have been doing, it works really well.

http://www.boots.com/en/a-passion-for-natural-Aloe-Vera-Gel-200ml_1240463/?CAWELAID=1033667365&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-a%20passion%20for%20natural%20Aloe%20Vera%20Gel%20%20200ml

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I'm curious if any of you have used topical numbing cream? It might take some of the ouch away. I think you can buy it now on line maybe at all day chemist or a site like that...also at Sona Med Spa you can walk in and buy it.
I was given it for laser hair removal years ago..and keep a tube on hand for any beauty treatment that involves any level of pain and it works very well.

I personally think this is a bad idea, as if you are treating a previously treated area, with a laser, and you have numbed it, you will not be able to tell if you are over-treating a particular area, unless a device suggests you use a topical numbing cream I would avoid.

Even thought these lasers are home devices, you can over expose the skin, so always proceed with caution.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

I also agree that this is not a good idea. These creams are great for very occasional use. But they are serious chemicals that penetrate the skin and would not be good for use on such a regular basis.

I am using the Tria on level 3 and the sting is not that bad. Just focus on the results Very Happy
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah. I didn't think about the fact that you're using it everyday for 8 weeks. I'd have to research the cream to see if it is safe to use daily for two months. I do know you can't use it on a large area of your body.. so worth checking on that.

and another thought real quick.. what about ice? the old fashioned way. I tried some filler in my lips once..and the esthetician had me hold ice..then she'd inject. and I was surprised when it worked great.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Yeah. I didn't think about the fact that you're using it everyday for 8 weeks. I'd have to research the cream to see if it is safe to use daily for two months. I do know you can't use it on a large area of your body.. so worth checking on that.

If you read the guidance it can be absorbed through the skin and won't do you any good long term.

and another thought real quick.. what about ice? the old fashioned way. I tried some filler in my lips once..and the esthetician had me hold ice..then she'd inject. and I was surprised when it worked great.

It doesn't really hurt that much honest!

Pq

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
ahh thanks PQ... a little pain doesn't scare me off.. i might get one of these.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
ahh thanks PQ... a little pain doesn't scare me off.. i might get one of these.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I hope I can still use my retin-a with this device.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I checked with Tria on how many rounds of treatment you can use and they said:

There is no limit to the treatment cycle. However, our recommended advice is to continue using the laser until the user is happy with the results achieved. When improvement is noticed in fine lines & wrinkles, discoloration and skin texture, treatment can be halted and then resumed as required or when results appear to revert to previous. Some users may prefer not to break the cycle. It really depends on the individual.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
hotdocgirl wrote:

I personally think this is a bad idea, as if you are treating a previously treated area, with a laser, and you have numbed it, you will not be able to tell if you are over-treating a particular area, unless a device suggests you use a topical numbing cream I would avoid.

Even thought these lasers are home devices, you can over expose the skin, so always proceed with caution.

Totally agree. I don't know about the Tria, but the ReAura has a cut-out mechanism if it senses that the skin has been over-treated. Plus there is no need for a numbing cream - the laser is nowhere near as painful as dermarolling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi photoqueen Smile Once you finish the final assessment with the 2 products (ReAura and Tria), would you please provide a final verdict on this forum as to which gadget is better as far as value/usage in the long term. Thanks Smile

photoqueen wrote:
Thanks for the kind words about the review. The ReAura gel is not a showstopper, as the device works really well, it is a professional home machine, that gives you the results, if you read everyone else's review you can see the ReAura is very popular and is not a toy.

I have only used the Tria once so it is early days. But is quite nice not to have to use gel, but I have only just started using the device.

I am still fully behind the ReAura, as I did get some great results, and will use the device in the future.

Looking at both devices today, I would say they are both professionally made, work as per the instructions, and do what they say on the box.

PQ
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry photoqueen, I disagree. It does hurt a lot for some of us. I still can't get to level three after 5 weeks of treatment. Well...I can, but the pain is too severe for me. I have learned on this forum that for some of us with sensitive skin it just takes longer to see results. I've spoken to the Tria reps a few times and there are some women in their office using the devise and they were never able to go to level three either. The good news is that us 'level 2'ers' will see results, just not as quickly.

Bottom line, I totally recommend the Tria...pain and all. I'm seeing results which is nice because I've spent a ton of money over the years on topical solutions that often did not deliver.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
Sorry photoqueen, I disagree. It does hurt a lot for some of us. I still can't get to level three after 5 weeks of treatment. Well...I can, but the pain is too severe for me.

I wonder if it would help any Tria users by using a laser gel during treatments like with the ReAura. To me I think it does help the laser glide across the skin and with redness but I have never used it without the gel to see what happens. So who knows. Maybe the way the Tria is designed it won't work with a gel.

PQ, if you talk to Tria I would be interested in why they don't use a laser gel for the treatments. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
Sorry photoqueen, I disagree. It does hurt a lot for some of us. I still can't get to level three after 5 weeks of treatment. Well...I can, but the pain is too severe for me. I have learned on this forum that for some of us with sensitive skin it just takes longer to see results. I've spoken to the Tria reps a few times and there are some women in their office using the devise and they were never able to go to level three either. The good news is that us 'level 2'ers' will see results, just not as quickly.

Bottom line, I totally recommend the Tria...pain and all. I'm seeing results which is nice because I've spent a ton of money over the years on topical solutions that often did not deliver.

2'ers' are just as good as 3'ers' Smile

PQ

5% products discount

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks photoqueen Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would also really like to understand why the Tria is to be used without gel - and why it can be used daily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know also Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Will find out.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Will find out.

PQ

You're sweet. Thank you!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I would also really like to understand why the Tria is to be used without gel - and why it can be used daily.

Reply from Tria:

A treatment gel is not recommended as it may penetrate and block the laser light & prevent it from working effectively.

In fact, we recommend customers use a cleanser to rid their skin of all creams, moisturisers, sun block in fact any barrier that may prevent the laser from penetrating the skin. The Tria cleanser includes ' a gentle exfoliating lactic acid ' to help remove any dead cells. If customers experience a dryness when using the cleanser we recommend they discontinue use for a period of time or use the cleanser less frequently, that is every other day, every 3 days etc.

The after treatment serum does help soothe the skin after treatment. Our US team recommend leaving the serum in the fridge as the cooling effect can help reduce redness.

PQ

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |