Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Since I use my ReAura on my face, neck, decolletage, forearms and hands on the same day twice weekly, stop is definitely not an option; lightbulb idea, I can now afford the Pose as I can't use the Stop.

In the end it really doesn't matter; I am thrilled with the laser results.
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I posted about this a few weeks back but I'm hoping maybe others new to the discussion might have some advice for me. I'm 5 weeks into the Tria treatment and so far quite pleased other than the appearance of my Malar Bags (also known as Malar Festoons). For those who don't know what they are or are lucky enough not to have them...they are bags that sit on top of the cheek bone and under the eye socket. They are different then eye bags as they are quite a bit lower.

Since I've been using the Tria they are becoming more swollen and more red. They are even sore to touch for hours after treatment (even sore to touch the next morning). I'm trying to avoid treating the area but it's hard when I'm targeting under my eyes.

I'm at a loss...I'm wondering if the Tria is just too powerful for me or if I should stick it out and perhaps on the 4 week hiatus things will calm down and they'll return to normal.

I do notice they are much less swollen in red by the evening. Of course this is the time I pull out my devise and start things up again!

If any of you have experienced this or have some suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm almost ready to give up my Tria and I don't want to do that.

Thanks in advance.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
I posted about this a few weeks back but I'm hoping maybe others new to the discussion might have some advice for me. I'm 5 weeks into the Tria treatment and so far quite pleased other than the appearance of my Malar Bags (also known as Malar Festoons). For those who don't know what they are or are lucky enough not to have them...they are bags that sit on top of the cheek bone and under the eye socket. They are different then eye bags as they are quite a bit lower.

Since I've been using the Tria they are becoming more swollen and more red. They are even sore to touch for hours after treatment (even sore to touch the next morning). I'm trying to avoid treating the area but it's hard when I'm targeting under my eyes.

I'm at a loss...I'm wondering if the Tria is just too powerful for me or if I should stick it out and perhaps on the 4 week hiatus things will calm down and they'll return to normal.

I do notice they are much less swollen in red by the evening. Of course this is the time I pull out my devise and start things up again!

If any of you have experienced this or have some suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm almost ready to give up my Tria and I don't want to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi skincareaddict, I am using the ReAura laser and have had your same problem. I just finished up my second treatment round so the last 3 sessions I was hitting that area pretty hard because I knew that I would be taking a break in my treatment. I did the same thing last treatment round and my Malar bags area looked worse at the time but after a week or two it started to look better. Right now the area looks worse but I think it is because of fluid retention and inflammation and at least for me, that went away after I finished my first round. In other words that area looked a little better then when I started using ReAura and certainly no worse after a week or two after completing my first round of treatments. I don't think that these lasers can get rid of these bags but might be able to tighten up the skin some and make them look better. Now my bags were never sore to the touch but the treatment schedule with ReAura is different than Tria so that might have something to do with it. Maybe take some time off from treating that area and see if it improves. Remember that we own these lasers so we can do a treatment whenever we want. I know everyone wants results yesterday (I am as guilty as the next) but since you own the laser you have the luxury of taking it slower in one area or in general. Good luck.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
sorry if this question has already been listed, how long is your Tria lasting between charges? Mine's just cut out half way through a treatment, which is really annoying as the warning light didn't come on! I now have to wait approx 2.5 hours to finish the other half of my face Mad
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I'm using the Reaura, and like you, was very dismayed to see these festoons you describe to a certain degree appearing on my face. They have now receded a good deal and I believe they will continue to do so. I did treatment 9 last night, and today I have a patch of 'orange peel' skin on my cheek which definitely wasnt there before.. so I rather think that areas of damage are surfacing and looking worse before they get better. My skin is so red and dry it is a bit wearisome actually and I am looking forward to completing treatment 16 and taking a break to normalise my skin. AT the same time, I an see sun damage disapearing and wrinkles becoming more shallow and a tightening effect. I think a LOT is going on with these treatments, they are super effective and not all the stages are immediately enjoyable!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Skincareaddict22 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I'm using the Reaura, and like you, was very dismayed to see these festoons you describe to a certain degree appearing on my face. They have now receded a good deal and I believe they will continue to do so. I did treatment 9 last night, and today I have a patch of 'orange peel' skin on my cheek which definitely wasnt there before.. so I rather think that areas of damage are surfacing and looking worse before they get better. My skin is so red and dry it is a bit wearisome actually and I am looking forward to completing treatment 16 and taking a break to normalise my skin. AT the same time, I an see sun damage disapearing and wrinkles becoming more shallow and a tightening effect. I think a LOT is going on with these treatments, they are super effective and not all the stages are immediately enjoyable!

It will be worth it!

Lots of sunscreen during and after the treatments.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

It will be worth it!

PQ

PQ..
Love your support and wisdom and creativity and attitude, thankyou for being here.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

It will be worth it!

PQ

PQ..
Love your support and wisdom and creativity and attitude, thankyou for being here.

Catski - that means a lot to me bless you.

PQ Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody!I ve been reading the topic for last couple weeks and decided to buy tria today.
Very exited!!!!!!!!!!!The given 100$ off till Nov 29 if somebody interested.

Question for tria users :should i stop Retin A two weeks prior to starting my first treatment?

i read some clinic recommended for patient to stop
use retin A before fractional laser. Thank you
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I found out that it is sold out on the Shopping Channel.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

I asked when it would be back in stock (before I found out they don't ship to the U.S.) and they said December 14.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you catski and CookieD....so appreciate your feedback. I'm feeling not quite as alone now. I will take care in that area as always but I'll stick it out and see what happens. I hope you are right about the tightening effect...I agree they'll never go away (that would be too easy!).

PQ thanks for the sunscreen reminder...hard to think about that in Canada in November! However, I know it should be a year-round thing so I'm back on it tomorrow Smile

Thanks again for the feedback.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
For those stressed about your skin not looking too appealing during the treatment phase of the laser I had the same feeling. My skin usually handles everything well but there were days with the Tria treatments that I was a bit worried at the rough look of my skin,,,at one point I took a couple of days off just to make sure my skin looked okay when it wasn't being treated daily. Well the end result is so worth it. Everything about my skin looks so much better and I am closing in on the end of the fourth week of rest after my eight weeks of treatment and I do notice even a firmer lifted look to my face. The under eye area is SO improved...so keep it up and know that real change is happening with your skin. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, saw this new item online. It is a worldwide launch on www.theshoppingchannel.com
in Canada.

I did not see it live on TV. It sounds similar to Palovia , which I already have.

Price point is similar as well. Looks interesting. Very Happy

More information at:

http://www.triabeauty.ca/anti-aging-laser

Looks interesting!

PQ

I think PQ is already drooling over the thought of having another photo-gadget!!! Smile

Daler - you were right Very Happy

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
For those stressed about your skin not looking too appealing during the treatment phase of the laser I had the same feeling. My skin usually handles everything well but there were days with the Tria treatments that I was a bit worried at the rough look of my skin,,,at one point I took a couple of days off just to make sure my skin looked okay when it wasn't being treated daily. Well the end result is so worth it. Everything about my skin looks so much better and I am closing in on the end of the fourth week of rest after my eight weeks of treatment and I do notice even a firmer lifted look to my face. The under eye area is SO improved...so keep it up and know that real change is happening with your skin. Very Happy

Thankyou Toby I needed to hear this right now! I am certainly in the middle of the uglies!! I had quite significant patches of pigmentation on my cheeks and chest which is one of my main reasons for purchasing Tria. I am on day 11 of my treatment at level 3. My skin is rough and sandpapery and the pigmented areas are darkened, but the pigment is broken up into tiny dark spots!! Yay! Its working. Somehow despite the fact that the texture of my skin looks AWFUL...the skin tone already looks better.

Hoping for wonderful results ahead :-0

Thanks again Toby.
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby...I guess that is what I was looking for also. I do accept that things have to get worse before they get better...but there are days you feel a bit nervous about the end result.

The only other thing that I have and I'm wondering if others have it?....a darkening on the left side of my face. It reminds me of how some women get a pregnancy mask. It runs from my left temple almost in a straight line down my face to my earlobe. It is a very slight discolouration (brownish or grey in colour). Initially, I thought I'd over treated the area and it resembled a burn but now it's just hanging around. With all the other great results I'm seeing, I can live with it and it's not a deal breaker but I'm curious if any others have anything similar?
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca1: I remember the sandpaper days! I'm almost 6 weeks into treatment so those days are over but what follows for most people is a period of real dryness. Tria told me to exfoliate twice a day (I use the Clairisonic so they said that was fine).

A few days ago I bought some new product to help with the dryness (on the suggestion of my local drug store gal) and I'm happy to say it really works! I'm using a serum called Bioderma (Hydrbio Serum) and then I apply Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm. I wish I'd found these weeks ago! The dryness has subsided considerably in just a few days.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
In my experience, darkened skin is damaged skin - the laser sort of "brings it up" and soon you will be rubbing it off. This is skin damage that is not normally visible, but remember that the laser is making your skin heal on a cellular level. I am now in the middle of my second treatment with ReAura and still get new areas of darkening and roughness, but it is subsiding somewhat in certain areas. So rejoice - your laser is working. Sounds like it might be the side of your face near the car window if you drive?
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
mismis: thank you...I'm certain you are right! And if I reflect, I'm not great about applying my sunscreen in that area as it interferes with my hair!

Thanks again!
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Triabeauty.ca has a $100 dollar off sale on the laser now through 11/27. The code is on the website. I'm waiting to hear whether they ship to the U.S. If they don't, is anyone aware of a service in Canada that would forward it to me?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddict22 wrote:
Rebecca1: I remember the sandpaper days! I'm almost 6 weeks into treatment so those days are over but what follows for most people is a period of real dryness. Tria told me to exfoliate twice a day (I use the Clairisonic so they said that was fine).

A few days ago I bought some new product to help with the dryness (on the suggestion of my local drug store gal) and I'm happy to say it really works! I'm using a serum called Bioderma (Hydrbio Serum) and then I apply Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm. I wish I'd found these weeks ago! The dryness has subsided considerably in just a few days.

Thankyou...will check out these products!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I asked when it would be back in stock (before I found out they don't ship to the U.S.) and they said December 14.

Thank you!
I am surprised that Americans are having difficulty to get their hands on this! It is usually the other way around.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
For anyone that can get one this is a deal
http://view.email-triabeauty.com/?j=fe5e10737c65017e7413&m=fe69157077670c7c7610&ls=fdf91c717167067a76167576&l=fe5c1679716407787312&s=fe2c1c727065037d751177&jb=ffcd16&ju=fe2816777d65057e731374&smtrctid=825170057&r=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Still on for a week holiday so decided to use my Tria straight after breakfast.

Using the device on level 3, I really took my time to very slowly move the laser over the skin, ensuring I am getting an even coverage across my entire face. The Tria is easier to use over the nose area, and forehead area than the ReAura.

My face was tingling after the treatment, so I soaked some make-up removal wipes in cold Avene Spring Water, and lay them across the treated area, whilst reapplying the cold spring water kept in the fridge.

Pleased to report that by 11.30 am all the redness had gone.

My skin is feeling very smooth, and it is only week 2.

Not as flaky today, in fact you can hardly see the flaky bits.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you guys are tempting me! I'm thinking of getting the Tria at the special price, especially now, after seeing the comments on the other thread that many are seeing better results with the laser than with dermarolling.

However...I previously got a Palovia and used it at the prescribed levels on my crows feet and lip lines and saw NO benefit. And suffered with a lot of red, sandpapery skin from it.

Do you think there are some people that benefit more from lasers than others? In other words, if I saw no results from the Palovia, am I unlikely to see results with another home laser?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |