Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Oh you guys are tempting me! I'm thinking of getting the Tria at the special price, especially now, after seeing the comments on the other thread that many are seeing better results with the laser than with dermarolling.

However...I previously got a Palovia and used it at the prescribed levels on my crows feet and lip lines and saw NO benefit. And suffered with a lot of red, sandpapery skin from it.

Do you think there are some people that benefit more from lasers than others? In other words, if I saw no results from the Palovia, am I unlikely to see results with another home laser?
Palvovia gave me nothing but red marks....this is so different!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I concur with Toby - the Palovia cannot be compared with the Tria or ReAura. I had the Palovia too and it was a complete nightmare. These new laser devices are easy to use and are very effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I concur with Toby - the Palovia cannot be compared with the Tria or ReAura. I had the Palovia too and it was a complete nightmare. These new laser devices are easy to use and are very effective.

I agree with you both.

The ReAura and Tria, are both excellent devices, no comparison to the Palovia, but at the time it was the only device we had to use, things have moved on fast!

My Palovia, is gathering dust!

You can't go wrong with either the ReAura or the Tria.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm 6 weeks in and have run out of the serum already. Any ideas what I can use instead? Also while I'm at it.... can you recommend a substitute for the primer as I'll probably run out of that very shortly also. I'm not inclined to purchase replacements from Tria as I find them very expensive and would love to use something I might already have.

Improvements so far: pores seem to be smaller; a horrible spider vein on my chin seems to be fading (just a bit) and overall skin tone has improved. I'm using level 3 mostly, but if I don't have time for the full level 3 treatment, I do a quick level 2.

Thanks for any suggestions.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I'm 6 weeks in and have run out of the serum already. Any ideas what I can use instead? Also while I'm at it.... can you recommend a substitute for the primer as I'll probably run out of that very shortly also. I'm not inclined to purchase replacements from Tria as I find them very expensive and would love to use something I might already have.

Improvements so far: pores seem to be smaller; a horrible spider vein on my chin seems to be fading (just a bit) and overall skin tone has improved. I'm using level 3 mostly, but if I don't have time for the full level 3 treatment, I do a quick level 2.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A skin cleanser/wash to clean the skin pre-treatment - post treatment: Avene Spring Water followed by a moisturiser that is kind to your skin and cooling, put it in the fridge not the freezer, before use.

Avene also do a great anti-redness serum that really works.

Aloe vera gel is great post laser treatments.

Pleased you are seeing results.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

A skin cleanser/wash to clean the skin pre-treatment - post treatment: Avene Spring Water followed by a moisturiser that is kind to your skin and cooling, put it in the fridge not the freezer, before use.

PQ

Thank you for the advice Phillip Very Happy I have been using the Avene Spring Water immediately after treatment, followed by their serum. I was thinking of using Aloe Vera but wasn't sure - you just confirmed it - awesome!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well darn...I just went to click the buy button for the Tria and realized they don't ship to the USA, just Canada. And Reaura is just in the UK. Are there any options for those of us in the US? I don't have anyone in those countries who could ship to me. I'm guessing it's waiting on FDA approval still.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Well darn...I just went to click the buy button for the Tria and realized they don't ship to the USA, just Canada. And Reaura is just in the UK. Are there any options for those of us in the US? I don't have anyone in those countries who could ship to me. I'm guessing it's waiting on FDA approval still.
ebay and they ship to US
Ebay would work for the Reaura, it is UK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-ReAura-Reaura-Laser-skin-rejuvenation-SC5000-00-by-Philips-/170947713299?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item27cd471913
Also there are others that got the Tria that are in the US. I had a Canadian friend get mine but others did something else...maybe they will chime in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I live in Canada, ShastaGirl. You are welcome to send it to my address and I'll ship it to you. Deb M (Hi Deb!)and I went this route and it cost $34.00 (if memory serves me correctly). But, being the beginning of the Christmas season, it might take a while to get to you. And because of the increased amount of packages, it could get lost. I only put a value of $100.00 on as Toby suggested so if it's lost, you'll be out a whole bunch of money. But....the offer still stands. I absolutely LOVE my Tria. I have one more week to go and then I'm on the rest and get gorgeous Laughing stage. Blessings
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
I live in Canada, ShastaGirl. You are welcome to send it to my address and I'll ship it to you. Deb M (Hi Deb!)and I went this route and it cost $34.00 (if memory serves me correctly). But, being the beginning of the Christmas season, it might take a while to get to you. And because of the increased amount of packages, it could get lost. I only put a value of $100.00 on as Toby suggested so if it's lost, you'll be out a whole bunch of money. But....the offer still stands. I absolutely LOVE my Tria. I have one more week to go and then I'm on the rest and get gorgeous Laughing stage. Blessings

Love to see members help each other!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

Thank you for the advice Phillip Very Happy I have been using the Avene Spring Water immediately after treatment, followed by their serum. I was thinking of using Aloe Vera but wasn't sure - you just confirmed it - awesome!

I have used the cheapest one from Boots, it is works really well for me.

Let us know how you get on.

pQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Shasta, I have 2 sellers for ReAura if you want to PM me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:

Wow, thank you for the kind offer. I'm going to take another look at the Reaura since it now looks like I may have options to get that in the US. Need to decide how much money I want to spend! I may take you up on the offer. Thanks again!
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:

Yes - it worked great thanks to shamus!! I ordered thru the shopping channel and shipped to her, then she on to me. I'm on week 4, been doing high after a couple of days. My skin has a glow.

It stings but not as bad as the dog attack I had on Tuesday. 2 yr old German shepherd attacked me as I was jogging. The owner yelled to me "don't worry, he won't bite". I stopped hoping he'd just smell me and he was in attack mode. Most horrible exp of my life. He bit my rear end, went to my mid thigh and the pain was awful. continued to bite my thigh and I put my arm down to protect it. He got my arm in 5 places. I have 7 stitches on my leg and an awful lot of black/blue and swelling. They thought my wrist was fractured or had a tooth in it but luckily neither. My wrist swelled to the size of a baseball almost immed. The owner had to pull the dog off of me. Blood everywhere, soaking my jogging pants. Horrible, horrible -- but I'm keeping up with my tria!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
shamus wrote:

Yes - it worked great thanks to shamus!! I ordered thru the shopping channel and shipped to her, then she on to me. I'm on week 4, been doing high after a couple of days. My skin has a glow.

It stings but not as bad as the dog attack I had on Tuesday. 2 yr old German shepherd attacked me as I was jogging. The owner yelled to me "don't worry, he won't bite". I stopped hoping he'd just smell me and he was in attack mode. Most horrible exp of my life. He bit my rear end, went to my mid thigh and the pain was awful. continued to bite my thigh and I put my arm down to protect it. He got my arm in 5 places. I have 7 stitches on my leg and an awful lot of black/blue and swelling. They thought my wrist was fractured or had a tooth in it but luckily neither. My wrist swelled to the size of a baseball almost immed. The owner had to pull the dog off of me. Blood everywhere, soaking my jogging pants. Horrible, horrible -- but I'm keeping up with my tria!!!!

Good Grief!! I hate hearing about dog attacks like that because they give all dogs a bad name - when really it's just the owners who fail to adequately control their dogs. Or (worse) treat them badly so that they become aggressive.

Hope you recover soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Good grief DebbieM what a horrible experience with the dog. I used to jog when my children were little and a pack of dogs surrounded me and I prayed and made a promise that if I made it out alive I would never get myself in that fix again. That was the last time I jogged....I did not get bitten as you did and you sound like a trooper to have gone through that ordeal and still able to keep up your treatments!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Deb. That had to be the most awful experience but I'm so glad you are okay, despite the horrible wounds. Can you take some legal recourse against the dog owner? Sending you healing vibes!
Kathie
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Deb, I'm sorry, that's horrible. I hope the owner took care of medical expenses.

For those in the US who ordered from TSC, were you able to get the EasyPay?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Deb, I'm sorry, that's horrible. I hope the owner took care of medical expenses.

Yes I got easy pay but you need to call in the order if from the US and remember it must be sent to a Canadian address. An update if you are ordering from the Tria website, they require an shipping address and credit card address that is Canadian. That was not the case a month ago so if someone in Canada is ordering for you it would be good to send them the money through PayPal and let them do the transaction through the Tria website. I hope that makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
shamus wrote:

Hey Deb, I'm so sorry indeed to hear about what happened to you. How incredibly upsetting and shocking. Really well done to you for staying on track. We really have to learn to roll with the punches in this life, don't we?! Virtual hug to you. Xx
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

I purchased using a mail forwarding company..."we buy it for you". Very happy with their service!

cheers
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
RyanA wrote:

Yes I got easy pay but you need to call in the order if from the US and remember it must be sent to a Canadian address. An update if you are ordering from the Tria website, they require an shipping address and credit card address that is Canadian. That was not the case a month ago so if someone in Canada is ordering for you it would be good to send them the money through PayPal and let them do the transaction through the Tria website. I hope that makes sense.

Yes, that makes sense but if the other person has to use their credit card, it would be best to pay them the full amount up front, so the easy pay wouldn't really help. But it sounds like if I order from TSC(not the Tria website) over the phone, I can use my CC, but I just need to send to a Canadian address? Their website does look like they are in stock right now.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
but Tria website has $100.00 off right now. That's awesome
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
but Tria website has $100.00 off right now. That's awesome

Oh goodness, now I have to go back and re-look at this! Thanks. Very Happy
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:

In USA , this would be a major lawsuit...

Edited: I just realized that you are in USA... well this is a major lawsuit.. not only medical expenses but lots more...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |