Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skincareaddict22
5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
btw....thanks Shamus for the tip on the zinc. Redness is still a problem for me so I'm going to try that!
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why the Tria is so much less expensive than the ReAura,

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why with the Reaura the treatment is twice and week and with tria every day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Does anyone know why with the Reaura the treatment is twice and week and with tria every day?

The ReAura treatment is stronger per treatment, most likely because the laser window is smaller and more concentrated. (Thanks to Cookie for comparing the power and figuring all of that out!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I'm curious as to why the Tria is so much less expensive than the ReAura,

My personal guess is that it is because the ReAura was developed in partnership with Fraxel, and you are paying for some of that professional expertise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 am      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Well, I came across something totally by accident, which I would like to share. I have been using my laser on level 3 on the bottom quarter of my face, in an effort to lessen those pesky deep lines at the sides of my mouth (guess I laugh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!!!). Anyways, the result is my lower face is really red. I have some zinc cream and since it's supposed to be good for "redness", I thought I'd give it a go. Now,you gotta rub it in really well or you have a white face....but OMG, the redness has been significantly lessened....I'm just a wee bit pink but only in little areas!!!!!I just tried this last night so if it continues, I might actually try to bump up the whole face to level 3. The cream I have is 40% zinc. Just an fyi! Blessings all!
P.S....Zelda, got all my appendages crossed for 'ya!

Zinc definitely reduces inflammation, but I personally am not sure you want to overdo that from a collagen development standpoint.

The laser wounding from the Tria and the ReAura kicks off the wound healing inflammatory process which is required to generate collagen....the same as what happens with dermarolling. All the clinical studies related to rolling discuss the necessity of the inflammatory phase, so we do want to really lessen that?

I am struggling with the same question myself as it relates to using the ReAura Laser Aftercare complex which does help with the immediate burning sensation. I *want* to use it, but I am not sure it is best from a results standpoint. And if you bump up to Level 3 but are immediately reducing the inflammation, is that essentially reducing your results to that of Level 2 or below?

At the end of the day, I am not really sure myself, but have decided to try and not use anything anti inflammatory based on how the wound healing cascade process is said to work. But I understand completely if others have a differing viewpoint and approach.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Zinc definitely reduces inflammation, but I personally am not sure you want to overdo that from a collagen development standpoint.

The laser wounding from the Tria and the ReAura kicks off the wound healing inflammatory process which is required to generate collagen....the same as what happens with dermarolling. All the clinical studies related to rolling discuss the necessity of the inflammatory phase, so we do want to really lessen that?

I am struggling with the same question myself as it relates to using the ReAura Laser Aftercare complex which does help with the immediate burning sensation. I *want* to use it, but I am not sure it is best from a results standpoint. And if you bump up to Level 3 but are immediately reducing the inflammation, is that essentially reducing your results to that of Level 2 or below?

At the end of the day, I am not really sure myself, but have decided to try and not use anything anti inflammatory based on how the wound healing cascade process is said to work. But I understand completely if others have a differing viewpoint and approach.

Yes, Zinc is an anti-inflammatory and it's my go-to for breakouts. But I tend to agree with Bethany - the inflammatory response from the laser could be a plus in terms of collagen production. I do know that after a professional laser treatment, the only thing that is recommended is Vaseline - and this is to stop the skin from drying out and scabbing (something that we don't have to worry about with the ReAura - it's not that invasive).

As for the Laser Aftercare Complex - I'm just trusting that they're recommending this for the right reasons and it's not counter-productive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Great point, Bethany and Keliu! That's why I LOVE this forum. So many informed people. Many thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 am      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Great point, Bethany and Keliu! That's why I LOVE this forum. So many informed people. Many thanks!

No problem...I just don't want you to go though all this and get less than optimal results!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 am      Reply with quote
My tria has arrived, it has been charging and Ive activated it, I am sooo excited now!

But Ive watched the dvd, read the instruction, and am now going to re-read this thread just to make sure. (soo unlike me, Im usually in there using, with the instructions in the other hand, but as this is such a powerful tool I am kind of scared to do that)

Wish me luck Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
My tria has arrived, it has been charging and Ive activated it, I am sooo excited now!

But Ive watched the dvd, read the instruction, and am now going to re-read this thread just to make sure. (soo unlike me, Im usually in there using, with the instructions in the other hand, but as this is such a powerful tool I am kind of scared to do that)

Wish me luck Wink

Have fun and good luck! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
thanks Bethany,
how are you getting on with the reaura? And have I got it right that you are looking on this like with dermarolliing and using the environ products following treatment? And ( sorry for all these questions) are you using the after care stuff the device came with.

I want to do the same with the tria , Ive followed you with dermarolling and would like to do the same here!

Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck Sylvia! When I got mine....I did a treatment on level 1 without watching the DVD or reading the instructions....then an hour later, went to do my volunteer stint at the hospital. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE asked if I had high blood pressure that night......not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I tell 'ya!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
hey, shamus,
nice one, I am now about to blast my face!!

Will report back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
well, Ive just done it!!!

what a weird hot, prickly, slightly sore sensation it is, my upper cheeks are red as are is my upper, lips and forehead.

Not half as sore as the 1mm roll,its much more like a .25mm penetration roll.
Maybe that means I should move up tolevel 2 , I dont know.

Ive put on the environ products that I would have used after the 1mm roll and for good measure added in their after serum!!

Probably too much, but we will see.

Heres to tomorrow says she raising her glass of vino!!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Tria and received it yesterday. I used it once already and quite surprised on how sensitive I was. i started on number 2. SO far I like it! No pain No gain...right?! Anybody have problems with breakouts from it? Im kind of prone to that, just wondering if I should be concerned.
What does the Reaura machine feel like compared to the Tria....does anyone know? Wink
snopea

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Tria once, and surprised how sensitive I was. I quite like it though! I started on level 2. I'm prone to breakouts, has anyone have any problems with this once your skin was drying out??

Thanks Smile
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
It feels about the same. Kind of prickly like a sharp nail being dragged across the skin.

I was curious, too so asked a friend to let me try her Tria (I have ReAura). I just tried it on my forearm, which is an area I treat with my device.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I have now got my second day of treatment under my belt.

I have also jumped to level 2, much more red a bit swollen , hot and prickly!

I dont think I shall be moving up soon!

BTW has anyone had skin flaking as they were treating their faces?
I was noticing flakes suddenly appearing as I was treating each area, even on my forehead Rolling Eyes

Also noticing some dry feeling to the skin too!

I do look like Ive done a 1mm roll, but with that I dont hurt like this after, maybe thats cos Ive used emla and bt the time its worn off so has the soreness!

Any ideas?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 2nd go round with the Tria and yes, Sylvia, I have the dryness and sandpaper-type skin I had the first time. I just keep exfoliating morning and night to try to keep it at bay. I'm also doing the bottom half of my face on level 3 so the dryness is quite severe and very very rough. I had the extreme flakiness you mentioned on the bottom half of my face but I figure it's because I'm using level 3. The other parts of my face aren't nearly so bad as I'm using level 2 on them. I have to say that my face seems to be a lot calmer on the level 2 this time around. So your face does adjust.
blessings
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
thanks Bethany,
how are you getting on with the reaura? And have I got it right that you are looking on this like with dermarolliing and using the environ products following treatment? And ( sorry for all these questions) are you using the after care stuff the device came with.

I want to do the same with the tria , Ive followed you with dermarolling and would like to do the same here!

Dancing

I am definitely making progress with the ReAura! I am using the Environ products after treatment, and then layering on the Aftercare Complex ONLY if I feel like it is really burning. But I am trying to use it sparingly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
I have now got my second day of treatment under my belt.

I have also jumped to level 2, much more red a bit swollen , hot and prickly!

I dont think I shall be moving up soon!

BTW has anyone had skin flaking as they were treating their faces?
I was noticing flakes suddenly appearing as I was treating each area, even on my forehead Rolling Eyes

Also noticing some dry feeling to the skin too!

I do look like Ive done a 1mm roll, but with that I dont hurt like this after, maybe thats cos Ive used emla and bt the time its worn off so has the soreness!

Any ideas?

I just did my 2nd treatment (ReAura Level 3)and don't have any flaking or dryness yet, darn it!

I definitely look like I did a mega roll though. (just like this red-faced smiley, actually) Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ETA: The ReAura Aftercare stuff is VERY hydrating...maybe that's why I am not peeling or flaking or dusting? Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting used to level 2 finally, can't imagine though that I would go to level 3.

This is probably a very daft question but is it that the difference between levels is the timing and not the strength of the laser?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Zelda,

Thats a great idea I bet it is, makes sense.

My face is looking ok this am, so I think i am ok for doing my 3rd treatment, I am not brave enuff to go up to level 3 though and will stick to 2 for a bit anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to say that I have some ELS ( every lipid serum) and over on the reaura thread Bethany was talking about taking care of your skin barrier when you do treatments like this and it got me thinking I could use that after Ive put on the environ products.

Then I think the tria after serum what does everyone think?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |