Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Zelda. When I go up to level 3, I find it hurts more, right from the get-go. So I think it increases in strength as well as length
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Shamus that's what i was thinking but my husband said it could not change strength just timings?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
OMG
Ive just done a level 3 treatment for the first time. My 7th overall, but I am not sure whether I can do this every day. I am truly a lobster, fiery sore ,swollen and slightly rough, now its really like sandpaper Embarassed Crying or Very sad

The DH comes home wed, just hope I can do this in the dark before bed, he is just not going to believe that this is for the overall good Bad Grin
Is everyone else still going strong and how do you cope with you other halves
Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:01 am      Reply with quote
My skin did adjust over time but I found putting lots of the post treatment serum was key to calming things down. I did one eight week round and decided to take a longer than four week break because of the holidays....will go for round two in Feb. Hang in there the results are more than worth it!!! Go for extra moisturizing products if you can.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks Toby, I ve just put more serum on and its definitely helping, think I shall have to hide in the bedroom till the redness goes Rolling Eyes Embarassed Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ive just come from the realself website and have given myself major panics, about fraxel lasers and
some of the horror stories there that people have experienced.

The Tria laser is recommended to be used every day for 8 weeks, I know the Tria is based on that technology and is less powerful, but it has given my a bit of a jolt.

Any thoughts?

Is using the tria every day just alittle too much?

I know I am probably overreacting probably because Ive moved up to level 3and it is feeling quite strong!!

Embarassed But I was just wondering, what all of you think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can call the company for reassurance and you can make a decision to back down to level 2 again. You have to do what you are comfortable with. I don't hestitate to call a company when I am unsure. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Toby, Sorry for being such an idiot, my skin is fine now, and actually I am not experiencing anything really negative. I just scared myself, and I think I will call them up,but
as I am not having any other than a normal reaction to the tria I will carry on at 3.

Once again thanks for responding to my silly post Rolling Eyes Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
It wouldn't matter what procedure you looked up on Realself - there would be a horror story. I take them all with a grain of salt. People tend to have unrealistic expectations and are usually not prepared for any down-time. I'm a veteran of numerous IPLs and a few laser treatments - plus I've now done over 30 treatments on level 3 with the ReAura - I remain totally positive on what this technology can do for the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
that makes sense, Keliu,
Thanks too for coming back ,I have to say I am impressed with this device, as well just why I got myself into such a panic, for heavens sake, Ive been sticking holes in my face for over a year , by now you think I would have got the " pinch of salt" attitude by now!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is my 2nd round of 8 week treatments, Sylvia and I can't go above level 2. I've tried level 3 and the first one is okay but when I try to do subsequent treatments on level 3, it is unbelievably painful! So, guess I'll keep at level 2 but what Toby says is so right on...my skin has totally adjusted to level 2...too bad there wasn't a level 2 1/2! If I didn't work, I'd just grin and bear the level 3 but I even had the nurses at work ask if my blood pressure was ok? Of course, I wasn't going to tell them what I was using...and btw...I think hubs thinks I'm certifiable! Rolling Eyes
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
shamus
Yes, its only my first attempt at level 3 today, I think tommorrow will be the real test!

My dh is back wed, but I think he will definitely think Im ready for the padded cell, I am pretty sure he doesnt yet know about the dermarolling business although Ive hinted about it, actually he probably does but thinks if he dosent say anything it will all just go away!!! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Damn...
I tune in yesterday after being off here for a while and what happens...immediately something else I want to buy!! Laughing

And wouldn't you know, tax time is just around the corner. I'd say that's perfect timing Very Happy

I did happen to watch the video at the Tria website this morning and I noticed that the lady seemed to go directly under the eye with the Tria. Is this recommended? Have any of you gone directly under the eye?

This gadget sounds like a keeper. Would love to finally deal with my pigmentation issues.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am      Reply with quote
My tria is flashing the red indication light , when I put it on charge, it alternates with the blue battery light, but when I take it out of the cradle it stops!

It seems to be working ok, has anyone else had this?

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
No, mine only flashes the blue light. Sounds like it's defective
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
yes Im beginning to think so, Ive emailed them so heres hoping i can get an answer soon I really dont want to stop right at the beginning of the first course!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
On my second week on level number 3. WOW...love this little machine. My skin tone is even, pores are tiny and my face feels tighter already! Cant imagine what it'll be like in the future. Looking forward to it.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia, I had a faulty one too, do phone them and they will replace, I found the customer service very helpful.

Is anyone using it on their neck? thinking of trying it there.

I am using it on my hands, only on week 3 of first session though so it will be a while before I can report.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
My tria is flashing the red indication light , when I put it on charge, it alternates with the blue battery light, but when I take it out of the cradle it stops!

TIA

Yes.. Mine has done this since I received it ( 10 weeks ago) it hasn't effected its operation so I haven't worried about it further. Plus I am in Australia so returning it would be a major hassle.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca1 wrote:
10Sylvia5 wrote:

TIA

Yes.. Mine has done this since I received it ( 10 weeks ago) it hasn't effected its operation so I haven't worried about it further. Plus I am in Australia so returning it would be a major hassle.

Mine has done the same from the beginning. I went through the full 8 wks of treatment and it worked fine so I didn't worry about it either.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 am      Reply with quote
thanks for that both of you, im still using it and still love it!

I got an email ,she said it should still work ok but wants to talk to make sure!1

Such goood CS Smile

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca1

Hi Rebecca1, Can I ask where you purchased your Tria from, and if it works on Australian power ok.
TIA
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 am      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1

Hi Rebecca1, Can I ask where you purchased your Tria from, and if it works on Australian power ok.
TIA

Hi,

I used a mail forwarding company called "webuyitforyou".

Works perfectly but you will of course need a plug/outlet adaptor.

Hope that helps!
needmeds

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca1 wrote:
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1

TIA

Hi,

Hope that helps!

Very Helpful Thank You. Can I ask was it expensive? & is the warranty still valid on the device.

Regards & Thanks
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 am      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1 wrote:
needmeds wrote:
Rebecca1

TIA

Hi,

Hope that helps!

Very Helpful Thank You. Can I ask was it expensive? & is the warranty still valid on the device.

Regards & Thanks

It did add perhaps $80 dollars to the overall price (including shipping). But very well worth it.

Another member purchased through them and had a problem recharging her unit and was able to return it with no problems...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |