Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moonlighting

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi grabbyg, I can only answer what I have experienced with the Tria...my machine does get a little warm but not hot like you describe. I agree also about the chin zone being a small area, so when I'm on that area I also include my nose and underneath my chin area just to spread it out.

Hi 2Maria, I don't know if its right or not but I leave mine plugged in when not in use.

Hope this helps wave
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I got mine last week, but used for the first time last night.

Why are the treatment times longer with each level? If it's a stronger treatment, I wonder why you have to do it that much longer?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm still only on week 5, not noticing any results yet except for a light fading of brown spots on my hands. How is everybody else getting on?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
I'm still only on week 5, not noticing any results yet except for a light fading of brown spots on my hands. How is everybody else getting on?

Zelda, are you using on your face too, or just your hands?

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi PQ -face as well, on level 2 - can't see me going up to level 3 as find it too painful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Hi PQ -face as well, on level 2 - can't see me going up to level 3 as find it too painful.

Zelda, I am surprised, I really saw improvements after a short while, but collagen does take a few months to grow, so give it plenty of time, and make sure you give your skin a good rest at the end of the regime.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Philip....do you think it would be better to have a rest period of 8 weeks, rather than 4? I found it interesting when you said it takes collagen a few months to grow. Just wanna "pick your brain" as it were.
blessings
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi All! I just ordered the Tria and must say after reading through the thread I'm excited, but very nervous!! Smile My skin is very breakout prone, I have to be very careful of what I apply to it, so I'm a little wary of the products that come with the laser. Yup, I'm a little scared! I hope I'm one of the lucky ones and have results with this, I have so many other gadgets just collecting dust Embarassed

5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just finished my 4th treatment last night and had moved up to high. It wasn't bad at all. The nice thing is you use it at bed time and by morning there is no redness. I keep checking my face in the mirror looking for improvement even though it is still too early. But I do think my top lip does look a bit better already. Was showing vertical lines after electrolysis treatment several years ago.
The tria after serum goes on very smoothly and I just apply my regular Elizabeth Grant serums and creams on top.
Can anyone tell me how long before the skin gets sandpapery?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, good for you on level 3. I can only speak for myself....my skin definitely got sandpapery by the 4th treatment and I'm still on level 2...too painful for me to go to level 3.
2Maria
5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have been using my Tria for 7 night, four of which have been on high. I feel my skin is adjusting already. I have just noticed that the top of my cheeks are very smooth. Wow!
Yes, my face is red at the end of the treatment and when I apply all the potions, it's not very pretty. My face also feels quite warm at the end. That is when I go to bed and fall asleep.
The Tria is so easy to use and I am so happy I purchased it.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Great review, 2Marie. I am 1 week into my second rest period and I finally am seeing a great improvement in the lip lines. I went into the washroom at work, which has that oh-so-brutal lighting that shows ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and I looked at my face. Well....what a HUGE improvement in the lip lines I saw! And the deep lines at the sides of my mouth are very lessened so even though I can only do level 2, I'm thrilled at the progress I'm making in my second go-round. I'm a happy girl! Blessings all
2Maria
5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
What amazing results Shamus. Congratulations! This device is the best. How exciting to look forward to our transformations also. Can't wait to see my upper lip smooth out.
It is unbelievable that after just two very short applications to the top of my hands, the wrinkles have improved a lot. It is like a miracle!!
I have a long way to go yet but this is so encouraging.
Thanks for your encouraging information, please continue updating us.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Shamus - when you say lip lines do you mean the lines above your lips or are you using it on your lips?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Philip....do you think it would be better to have a rest period of 8 weeks, rather than 4? I found it interesting when you said it takes collagen a few months to grow. Just wanna "pick your brain" as it were.
blessings

Shamus, interesting question, collagen regeneration is affected by lots of factors: your age, diet, how much sun exposure you have had and are currently having, do you get enough quality sleep, so it varies and my advice is, just see how happy you are with the results after 4 weeks, if you haven't seen great improvement, give your skin another 2 weeks to rest, and keep reviewing, after 8 weeks, and you haven't achieved the results, repeat the treatment.

Best wishes

Philip

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Zelda, I mean the lines above my lips...smokers lines even though I've never smoked. And thanks for the great feedback, Philip. You rock!
2Maria
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shamus,
I incorrectly said upper lip lines. Should have said horizontal lines above the top lip. I have never smoked but have developed these lines. I feel they are from electrolysis.
Another question: How many rounds on the tria are we to do? Do we do 2 or 3 or do we just do maintenance, what if so, would the maintenance be?
Does anyone know?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I know what you meant 2Maria. I was under the impression that you keep doing the rounds of treatments until you are satisfied. I'm going for another round after this rest period. Tria says that their machines lasts about 5 years. But as for maintenance, sorry, can't answer than question. Maybe contact Tria directly. They're great with customer service.
I didn't see much improvement in the "smokers" lines on my first go-round but on the second set of treatments, definite improvement!
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Even though I am only on level 2 and that's still quite painful I had to skip a a day occasionally as I am too red the next day to to the treatment, should I add these missed days on to the end of my treatment?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Even though I am only on level 2 and that's still quite painful I had to skip a a day occasionally as I am too red the next day to to the treatment, should I add these missed days on to the end of my treatment?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I occasionally miss a day too Zelda. I would think it depends how many days you've missed. If it added up to say, a missed week of treatments, I would extend extend the days to add up to the required days. I guess we have to "disrupt" the skin/collagen for a set period of time to have the body rebuild the collagen. I missed about 3 days but I didn't extend the treatment. I also can't go past level 2 as it REALLY hurts! But I have to say that with this second set of treatments, my skin has really adjusted and I was never red the next day. With my first set of treatments, I was very "oh my God, what happened to your face" red the next day. So I can see where your skin does adjust eventually.
2Maria
5% products discount

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've just completed my 12th treatment. My skin is adjusting well and my face doesn't even get dark red and high doesn't hurt.
I developed the dryness around day 5. I wasn't really aware of it as I felt it rather than saw it.
Since the dryness appeared, I have found it is a good idea to wipe the laser as the dry skin sticks to the window and the contact is not always the best. I now wipe a couple of times during treatment.
Hope this helps everyone. Idea
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well mine arrived in the mail today, Have to say I'm a little afraid to even use it, but I'm going for it anyway!! I hope I get results from this little gadget!

5% products discount

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I was also afraid to use my Tria the first time. But, this forum is wonderful as we now know what to expect. If if weren't for this information I don't know if I would have taken the plunge and purchased. I wish this was available years ago and am so happy to have it.
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Well last night was my first treatment with Tria, I first set it to level one because I didn't know what to expect, but it was very mild, so I upped it to level two and it was quite tolerable. I continued with level two and may stay on that for a couple weeks before attempting level 3. My face was very red and had that burning sensation afterward. This morning I still feel a little burning, but nothing serious. I am looking forward to this treatment and hope I love it has much as everyone else! One thing I did have trouble with though was my forehead and upper lip, the light kept going off, I couldn't seem to maintain proper contact Confused

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |