Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I still occasionally have trouble maintaining contact with my forehead. But you get the hang of it. And with my lips, I go around my mouth, top lip, to the centre and then back around to the other side, to the centre and back, etc, etc. I find that method works best. And I don't actually run it over my actual lips...I purse them in, like I'm humming and concentrate on the "smokers" lines, slowly. Maybe that's why I'm seeing such fab results this time on the vertical lip lines, compared to the first time.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I thought you might be interested on my views on how to get the best from devices by layering treatments, including the Tria laser.

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/treatment-layering-using-home-devices/

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i am wondering if anyone has had success with the neck using the tria.Like firming and improvement on acne scars.I would like to treat the middle of my neck right under my chin down to the middle .I have some looseness and scarring there from acne and it makes that area look older than it is.It realy gets me down.Anyway havent bought one yet but i will consider it if anyone has had positive results in that area .xx
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my 5th treatment, my first 2 nights were level 2, then I upped it to level 3 and don't find it that bad at all. I have a question about the sandpaper texture/dryness, which I'm beginning to experience..what do you all use to exfoliate with? I don't want to use anything to harsh, but am not enjoying the rough texture Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am      Reply with quote
This may sound radical, and I will add here that I have a ReAura, not Tria, but I have found that the easiest exfoliation is to lightly shave the areas with a safety razor - carefully, don't want to compromise the skin barrier. You will find that it removes much of the dead skin - a surprising amount. I have qualified this as with ReAura, one is not lasering each day. I don't do this on the day of a treatment, somewhere in between and a day before a treatment. But it might be worth a try for you Tria users. My skin often reacts badly to too many products so this completely mechanical method works well for me.

I am now on my third treatment cycle and I have definitely noticed that the lateral rings around my neck and the crepey skin on the neck is finally beginning to show a visible improvement. Makes sense, new skin is being created by the laser treatments to replace skin "wounded" in the treatments.

This is the type of prolonged treatment that would be cost-prohibitive if administered by professionals. I am so grateful that home lasers are available; it was not so long ago that one could only get this type of treatment except by parting with large amounts of money.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I am nearing the end of my 1st round (only 2 weeks to go) and am getting terribly red, I've never managed to go above level 2 - even next morning I am quite red, do you guys have any tips for toning it down, what about some green coloured moisturiser?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
I am nearing the end of my 1st round (only 2 weeks to go) and am getting terribly red, I've never managed to go above level 2 - even next morning I am quite red, do you guys have any tips for toning it down, what about some green coloured moisturiser?

Avene spring water sprayed after treatment, keep it in the fridge.

The anti-redness serum by Avene.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I must say that I can handle the pain of level 3, what I can't handle is this rough dry texture of my skin Rolling Eyes My morning makeup looks horrible. I've reduced back to level 2 because of this Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks PQ I like Avene products so I will try that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
dksnf68 wrote:
I must say that I can handle the pain of level 3, what I can't handle is this rough dry texture of my skin Rolling Eyes My morning makeup looks horrible. I've reduced back to level 2 because of this Sad

I would occasionally use a mild scrub which helped with the rough texture.

This 2nd go around with the Tria I don't seem to get the sandpaper feeling.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Most people seem to be finding the 2nd round easier? I will look forward to that Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I think the sandpaper feeling is indicative of damage being dealt with. This thought helps me soldier through the weeks of being pink and itchy!
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:08 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I think the sandpaper feeling is indicative of damage being dealt with. This thought helps me soldier through the weeks of being pink and itchy!

Yes, I sure will be happy when it is no longer an issue though! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I have now finished my second round of treatments, using the Tria after the 4 weeks rest and will write my review over the weekend. All very positive!

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have now finished my second round of treatments, using the Tria after the 4 weeks rest and will write my review over the weekend. All very positive!

PQ

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say PQ. I've just finished my 2nd round too (level 2). After the 1st round I could see definite improvements, but I seem to have stalled during the 2nd round. I think I will have to suck up the pain and up it to level 3 for the next round!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say PQ. I've just finished my 2nd round too (level 2). After the 1st round I could see definite improvements, but I seem to have stalled during the 2nd round. I think I will have to suck up the pain and up it to level 3 for the next round!

Keep going you will see results.

PQ

5% products discount

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I was excited at first about this device, now I don't know if I want to buy one. Only a few said they are seeing results.

I tried looking for pictures such as before and after on google images but there are none! I can easily find some with Reaura. Makes me wonder if this device is no good. I know I would be posting my pics if it was working just to show how happy I was with my skin.

Also nobody seems to want to post any pictures on here. You don't have to show your entire face. Just sections. I want proof this device works. The only videos/pictures I can find are of the model with perfect skin and makeup on moving the Tria over her face.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any thoughts on how soon after doing a 20% TCA peel (not entire face) that you can use the Tria device? I did a peel on a few areas on my face a week ago, they are now mostly healed but still a bit pink in a few spots. Would I have to just wait till the pinkness goes or would I have to wait say a set number of weeks like 4 or 6 for example?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to post pictures but I only have a regular camera, not a digital. And by the time I took a picture and got it developed....well....you know....
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who bought a Tria to treat his actinic keratosis after seeing my ReAura before/after pictures last fall. ReAura was too difficult to get.

By his own account his lesions after one session were 60% healed and have continued to heal in the downtime. This person is a doctor and he is very impressed with his results.

That being said, he is an older individual who practiced many outdoor activities and had major photo damage which is the thing that seems to show the greatest and most immediate improvement with the home lasers.

I think there are many people who have had positive results who will never post pictures of any part of their face on a public site. It is understandable. And very frustrating . . .
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately my 2nd TRIA is now faulty - the blue light won't go off despite charing for over 20 hours. Its a shame because I do like this gadget, guess I will have to get in touch the the customer service again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Unfortunately my 2nd TRIA is now faulty - the blue light won't go off despite charing for over 20 hours. Its a shame because I do like this gadget, guess I will have to get in touch the the customer service again.

What a shame, i hope it gets replaced for you quickly.
pq

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, is there any issues with those of you that get botox/fillers and using the Tria or Reaura??

Did you find the filler dissipated quicker?

Just got Juvederm to cheek area, not sure if it is OK to use Tria overtop? I have heard with reaura to wait 2 weeks.

I did phone customer service line for Tria and they could not give me an answer. Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, is there any issues with those of you that get botox/fillers and using the Tria or Reaura??

Just got Juvederm to cheek area, not sure if it is OK to use Tria overtop? I have heard with reaura to wait 2 weeks.

I did phone customer service line for Tria and they could not give me an answer. Very Happy

Avoid treating the area for 2 weeks as a rough guide.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

Avoid treating the area for 2 weeks as a rough guide.

PQ

I have fillers and botox. Have not noticed any dissipation. In fact my fillers this time have lasted far longer than ever. Also I am 9mths since last botox, but bc all my expression lines are slightly softened due to Tria use, I may not get it again...or at least for some time.

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |