Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
When ordering from another country it must be done by phone. This is true for the Canadian shopping channel as well as the Tria company.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Hey Deb....if you can figure out some way of doing it, I'd get one for you and send it to you. Would it pass customs though? Blessings

Shamus - do you have a paypal account? I do but not sure how to transfer to you for shipping. Toby - can u send person to person like a business? If i can order by phone to ship to your address Shamus the only thing is the customs paperwork is kind of a pain. I think you ship as a gift to clear customs. Would prob cost me $50 US to ship to me.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey Deb....I have a paypal account. I don't mind shipping to you as long as you trust me to do so. I also have an account on the Shopping Channel. Never worry about the paperwork being a pain....I truly believe that this world needs more random acts of kindness and it would be no trouble at all. I know it's scary 'cause you don't know who you can trust....I can give you the info of where I work and where my hubbie works or anything else you want. But I am more than willing to help you out...it would be my pleasure! Or...if you trust me to receive it and reship, I could just ship it and in a separate envelope, mail you the receipt for the shipping cost and you could just mail me a cheque. That way, you don't overpay shipping as I don't have a clue as to cost to our awesome neighbours to the south! Blessings
Kathie
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
now, as a total aside, I've just finished my 3rd treatment and I'm excited! My problem area is my lip lines (never smoked..sheesh!) and the area of my face to the sides of my mouth. Now, after these treatments the area is "rough" in a good way. Like, it's roughing up the skin to rebuild new goodies, like collagen or whatever else will work! But, I like that there's a slight change in skin texture as it's working there! Keeping you posted....blessings
Kathie
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Transferring money in paypal is easy and instant. The shipping cost to me in the North Carolina by UPS was about 36.00 but I had a couple of extra serum bottles in there as well. Yes it needs to be sent on to the person as a gift or customs will burn you with a duty(is that the correct term?)...

I have been fortunate with contacts with many members on this forum. I have bought devices from members here, ordered products that only US could get and sent it to members in other countries, and had others do the same for me. I have never had a problem. I greatly appreciate my international friends! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
question for 'ya Toby. When I send stuff to my son in Ottawa, they ask for the "value" then hit you with the insurance. Would I state the value of the item (as it is quite substantial) and therfore, pay the insurance. I like the idea of insurance...I'm not a big fan of our postal system.....crooks, actually! Blessings
Kathie
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I will get back to u later Shamus when im at home at my "big" computer (on a tablet in car right now)for address on PM and i greatly appreciate it! I also think per Toby that i have to order by phone.

On another note has anyone been able to compare the Tria to the Reaura? I think the Tria covers more area than the Palovia. (just hate to spend the $$$ if the Reaura comes to US and is better!)
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I received my Tria on Sept. 25 and have used it every night on level 3. It leaves my face very red, hot, and it stings for a few hours afterwards. I apply 1 pump of Environ C-Quence 4 mixed with a 1/2 pea sized blob of .1% retin a about 10 minutes after the treatment (not recommending this for anyone else but for me it works Very Happy ) In the AM I apply 1 pump of the C-Quence 4. So far so good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 am      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:
I will let everyone know the details of the Canadian parcel forwarder once I receive the machine. I am placing my order today.

After some reading I realise I probably wont be able to use it under my eyes as it might be a bit too strong Sad Oh well, hopefully it helps my overall skin tone.

Hi goodbyekitty...did you place the order? How did it go? Can you tell me which mail forwarder you used? (by PM if you like?) I have decided to buy this and would like to use the $50 voucher if at all possible!!

cheers!!
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rebecca, I did place the order. I was planning on paying for it myself directly to save money, but my credit card wouldnt go through on the tria or shopping network site. Then paypal wouldn't let me ship to a canadian address.
Anyway, I paid the parcel forwarder today, and he put the order through. Said Tria website said it should take 3-13 days to arrive to him, and then he will post it to me. I will send you a msg with the details Smile
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, think I've got one ordered. Had to go to the Shopping Channel and called and ordered from them to ship to my new friend in Canada. Tria wouldn't do it. I'm excited!!

Do I need an adapter for the US?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:
Hi Rebecca, I did place the order. I was planning on paying for it myself directly to save money, but my credit card wouldnt go through on the tria or shopping network site. Then paypal wouldn't let me ship to a canadian address.
Anyway, I paid the parcel forwarder today, and he put the order through. Said Tria website said it should take 3-13 days to arrive to him, and then he will post it to me. I will send you a msg with the details Smile

What a pain! Anyway glad its sorted out for you now!! Thanks for the info Very Happy
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Good question Deb. I'm reading off my adapter...AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 11 VA. I think I would email triabeauty.ca and ask them.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
No adapter needed for US.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it is universal voltage? Not sure if I need a voltage converter for Australia...
thanks Smile
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Good question Deb. I'm reading off my adapter...AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 11 VA. I think I would email triabeauty.ca and ask them.

Just saw your post, was this on the plug that came with the tria? Thats good as if so my hubby says it will be fine in Australia with no voltage converter, I will just need an adapter Very Happy
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
yup, I was reading off the actual plug...so many numbers, didn't know which ones to record
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am in the UK and thinking of getting the new Tria Skin Rejuvanation Device. I have just turned 35 and while I don't really have much in the way of lines or wrinkles the texture of my skin isn't very good a mix of large pores and oily bumps under the skin (not active acne) and I have heard that both the Tria and the Reaura work magic on skin texture which I am excited about. Obviously if it helps remove/reduce the fine lines I do have that would be brilliant but I mostly want it to help perfect skin texture.

I do have for current users a few questions:

1. I have a dream of having very smooth, opaque, even skin is this realistic for using a device like the Tria?

2. I have been using retin a now daily for about 4 years and it have cured my acne, I don't really want to give it up as it did cure my acne and I like the antiaging aspect but of course I don't want to over do things. Could I still use the retin a for example during my 4 week period off from the tria?

3. Are there any potential downsides to the Tria or this kind of laser technology? I have read things about fraxel laser causing fat loss long term and that does really worry me. I did read one review on amazon.com of the reaura where a woman felt that her skin deteriorated a lot once she stopped using the device. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

4. Finally, one of my main problem areas is my nose which has a lot of enlarged pores which I would like to treat but the Tria seems not to be used on the nose, has anybody used the Tria on the nose to good effect?

I do have lots of other questions actually such as could this be used on stetchmarks, and would I be better to wait another 6 months till I can afford the Reaura?

If anyone can answer any of these questions I'd be really grateful!

Many thanks,

Pandora!
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey Pandora. Great questions but I would email triabeauty.ca and ask them. I asked them a couple of questions and they answered...not very promptly but they did answer. blessings
AdrianP

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Does this product have any sort of return policy?

I saw a few negative review for their Tria Hair Removal Laser, with users returning the device within the 90 day return window offered by the manufacturer. I don't see any specific return policy for this product. The Shopping Channel offers a standard 30 days.

Also, any thoughts on if this device is suitable for darker/olive complexions?
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
it has a 30 day return policy which is ridiculous, since you have to use it 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off. that said, when I watched the video link on the Tria product on The Shopping Channel, I think the lady said it was safe for all skin tones. She says "every skin type, every skin tone" can use it.
blessings
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Hey Pandora. Great questions but I would email triabeauty.ca and ask them. I asked them a couple of questions and they answered...not very promptly but they did answer. blessings

Thanks Shamus, I will drop them an email but I am still interested in the opinions of those here who have been using the device.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
AdrianP wrote:

Also, any thoughts on if this device is suitable for darker/olive complexions?

I have been doing a lot of research on both the Reaura and the Tria skin rejuvination device over the past few weeks and while I have mostly seen positive reviews to both I have seen some negative complaints from those with asian and black skin for the Reaura, mainly due to it causing pigmentation issues and skin darkening which none seemed happy with.

I would do more research if you think this might be an issue for you.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hey Toby. I was wondering what experience you've had with the Tria. I'm asking because I've been using it a week now and 12 hours after my last treatment and my face is still clown red. I've been talking to a lady who's been using it for 7 weeks and she's never had this reaction. Did your face get really red and stay that way even overnight? I am going to reduce the strength to level 1 or 2 but I just thought I'd ask about your experience. I don't want to completely quit as the woman I'm speaking with says her skin is getting better and better. I've spoken with Tria and they say to not only reduce the power level but that eventually, my skin will adjust. Thanks Toby!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used it I was very surprised at how much burning I felt and my face was red for some time that night but by morning it was fine. I have VERY resilient skin that never reacts much to anything so it made me think that more sensitive skin would really react. I tried medium the next night but went back to high after that. My skin has adjusted and it is less of a deal and I look normal by morning. I would follow Tria suggestions.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |