Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
thanks for responding,
It must have been last friday. There dosent seem to be much change since then, Ive been using lacsal (skin bio) exfoliator, but maybe its just not strong enough.

We are going on holiday on sat for 2 weeks so I may just have to wait till we get home!

I could take the clarisonic with me and use that , what do you think?

Thanks anyway

From my understanding the dark spots are skin damage that has been treated by the Tria, rising up through the skin layers. At one point my face had these spots all over as I had a lot of pigmentation. The spots might be still under the surface, but I think in a short time you will exfoliate them away....
tapooz123

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just wondering if anyone had any advice on going from level 2 to level 3 on the tria rejuvenating laser? Level 2 kinda hurts and I'm a little scared of level 3. When I use it on level 2, it stings quite a bit but not unbearably, and then it's red for an hour or so and in the morning I'm back to normal. So I think my skin could handle going up a level. I'm still scared of it though!

Keren
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 am      Reply with quote
I do not feel much of a difference between levels 2 and 3. BUT as a level 3 treamtent is longer (10 min. vs. 4 on level 2) MY face gets a lot redder and stays a little red for at least the next day.
So I use level 2 most of the time and do 1 or 2 treatments per week on level 3.

HTH
Chiqui65
tapooz123

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply! You're right. Level 3 is very similar to level 2. I tried it last night and just used some of the extra duration to get at my nose and neck. Appreciate the response. Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thinking of selling my Tria (financial reasons) which has been used for 2 rounds. I am in Australia...please PM if interested.
Miss Jane

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, new to this board, new to Tria. I started treatments a week ago, moved to Level 2 yesterday, stings but tolerable. Very red, warm and tender for an hour or so afterwards. Using Paula's Choice toner for sensitive/rosacea skin afterwards, and it helps.

Anyway, I'm 45 y.o., no lines or wrinkles but patchy hyperpigmentation/melasma on my cheeks and forehead. It developed in my early 30s caused by birth control. I stopped the pill within a year, and always avoid the sun to the point of hypervigilence, but the patches never went away. I've tried many many drugstore and dept store products, facials, microderm, and Rx hydroquinone and Retin-A with minimal results. I've never done professional laser treatments due to concerns it might actually make the problem worse, so am optimistic that the Tria may help while having a lower risk. Has anyone with hyperpigmentation as longstanding as mine found the Tria to be effective? If so, how long before you saw results. Conversely, has the Tria exacerbated this problem for anyone?
Miss Jane

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Also, just wanted to add that I'm now on Level 3 and happy to agree with the others who found that it's not much worse than Level 2 in terms of discomfort. It is quite tolerable, thankfully.
pixilatedapril

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I live in Texas and can't find anyone who will sell this to me. Does anyone know where or how I can get one? Thanks
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Try ebay Pixi, that's how I found mine.

EDA. Woops this is the Tria thread, I bought my ReAura on ebay. Still worth a shot.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ok please disregard my above post completely...my head is in a muddle this morning Confused
The ReAura I bought off another member.
However ebay is still worth a shot, I've seen ReAura's on there for sale.
pixilatedapril

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I have. I even looked on the Canadian one. To no avail. I guess I will just keep looking.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I tried looking for the Tria on eBay too but could never find one.

Found a ReAura and bought right away. I took what I could get lol.

Good luck!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I've just noticed that Rebecca1 has posted last week that she's looking to sell her Tria.
pixilatedapril

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I have contacted her and am waiting to see about shipping. I am SO excited and hope it all works out for me to get it. Thank you!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome...good luck, I hope you'll be joining the laser club very soon!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my first break from 8 weeks of the Tria, which I mainly used on Level 2 - I never tried Level 3 because I didn't want to risk provoking a rosacea episode. The main reasons I bought the Tria were to address the slowing down of new skincell turnover (I'm 57), even out skin tone, hopefully create new collagen for some smile lines and firm the skin especially around mid- and lower face.

Here are the results I've noticed so far:

Skin texture/color:
--Definitely I have more even skin tone and coloring.
--My pores are smaller. I didn't expect this since I have oily skin and even at my age continue to break out on occasion. Blackheads and whiteheads have lessened, and I had no breakouts at all during the 8 weeks of Tria use.
--A few areas of sebaceous hyperplasia have really changed. I had 3 small SH near my lower right chin just above the jawline. Two of those have greatly diminished to the point that I can hardly see them (even with my magnifying mirror) and the third one is smaller and flatter. These were never large or protruding to begin with but that's really a change. Two very small, round SH about an inch below my left eye have gotten slightly smaller but not by much.
--I had a small bump on both my left and right upper outer cheeks that were not scars or blemish leftovers or anything like that, and they weren't SH. They were round-ish, pinkish tan slightly raised areas that was just there. I've treated these in the past with abrasion and acids and they always came back. The one on my right cheek is gone! The one on my left cheek is flatter and hopefully will disappear with the next Tria round.
--I had about 5 small icepick scars on the left side of my chin that I always wanted to get rid of, but dermarolling didn't do it (should have tried needling). Well they are all shallower and smoother looking. Again, everything looks worse in a magnifying mirror, but it is improved.

Winkles/lines:
--There is NO visible line near my right eye when my face is relaxed. And only a very slight one near my left eye, which had that weird crinkly/cross-hatch damage from copper peptides. The crinkly appearance is greatly smoothed out but not totally gone.
--My between-brows "11's" have always been prominent, and to keep people from asking if I'm upset I generally wear bangs/fringe. Those have lessened slightly, but they're still there.

I don't see any difference yet in general face firmness but am starting to do Carolyn's Facial Fitness so that should help.

So even though I'm just beginning the time-off period for collagen to form, I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Very Happy I plan to do lots of massage (which is the last step in Carolyn's program) and some pinching techniques (a la "Ageless if you dare") on my face and neck, use my Quasar Pro, and resume using NCN's retinol along with a few PMD sessions.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Tria together with the Lightstim? Or would it be overkill? Thanks
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stovetop, I think it *could* be very drying if you were to use the lighstim along with the Tria...Unless your skin is oilier. I used the PMD the other day without a problem but honestly, The Tria pretty much does all of that and more. I use the Pico Toner too for lift and fullness and am loving the combination. Cool For round 2 of Tria, I'm only using it on Level 1 since it's summer... HTH, Aprile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am back from holidays and just want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my question re some brown spots that had come up during my treatment phase of the trio. I think you were all right they seem to be going!!!

Unfortunately my sunscreen has not stopped me from going brown Embarassed

So I may well have some more "damage" to undo in my next round of treatment!

I have just done a 1 mm roll ( after 5 week rest) so that will just have to wait!

Oh dear it is just soo never ending Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I hear ya Sylvia!! I still get some color even with my SPF 30 sunblock.... What can a girl do?
Lol!!! Back to the drawing board!!!!
Confused Aprile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
oh soo true!!
Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
I'm on my first break from 8 weeks of the Tria, which I mainly used on Level 2 - I never tried Level 3 because I didn't want to risk provoking a rosacea episode. The main reasons I bought the Tria were to address the slowing down of new skincell turnover (I'm 57), even out skin tone, hopefully create new collagen for some smile lines and firm the skin especially around mid- and lower face.

Here are the results I've noticed so far:

Skin texture/color:
--Definitely I have more even skin tone and coloring.
--My pores are smaller. I didn't expect this since I have oily skin and even at my age continue to break out on occasion. Blackheads and whiteheads have lessened, and I had no breakouts at all during the 8 weeks of Tria use.
--A few areas of sebaceous hyperplasia have really changed. I had 3 small SH near my lower right chin just above the jawline. Two of those have greatly diminished to the point that I can hardly see them (even with my magnifying mirror) and the third one is smaller and flatter. These were never large or protruding to begin with but that's really a change. Two very small, round SH about an inch below my left eye have gotten slightly smaller but not by much.
--I had a small bump on both my left and right upper outer cheeks that were not scars or blemish leftovers or anything like that, and they weren't SH. They were round-ish, pinkish tan slightly raised areas that was just there. I've treated these in the past with abrasion and acids and they always came back. The one on my right cheek is gone! The one on my left cheek is flatter and hopefully will disappear with the next Tria round.
--I had about 5 small icepick scars on the left side of my chin that I always wanted to get rid of, but dermarolling didn't do it (should have tried needling). Well they are all shallower and smoother looking. Again, everything looks worse in a magnifying mirror, but it is improved.

Winkles/lines:
--There is NO visible line near my right eye when my face is relaxed. And only a very slight one near my left eye, which had that weird crinkly/cross-hatch damage from copper peptides. The crinkly appearance is greatly smoothed out but not totally gone.
--My between-brows "11's" have always been prominent, and to keep people from asking if I'm upset I generally wear bangs/fringe. Those have lessened slightly, but they're still there.

I don't see any difference yet in general face firmness but am starting to do Carolyn's Facial Fitness so that should help.

So even though I'm just beginning the time-off period for collagen to form, I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Very Happy I plan to do lots of massage (which is the last step in Carolyn's program) and some pinching techniques (a la "Ageless if you dare") on my face and neck, use my Quasar Pro, and resume using NCN's retinol along with a few PMD sessions.

Thanks for a thorough eval Chocolat..(great name!) Sounds like you've had some good success overall. Side note: I can understand the interest in Carolyns FF - She looks marvelous. I do her brush technique with Pico toner/gloves on.

My results were similar on my oily skin - the Tria improved skin texture (and color!) and it does help with the pores suprisingly. I have PMD also and I haven't used it since getting the Tria. I'm supposed to be on Round 2 but am holding off for another few weeks due to using Level 3..(ugh). I'm waiting for most of hot summer sun to be over because I'm always outside in the garden, etc. Just decided holding off might be best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Great to hear your results Chocolat!! Thank you so much for posting! I can't wait to get started again...just need to go really slow in the summer months; I spend an awful lot of time on the baseball fields. It's been such a strange summer this year... tonight it feels like early fall... but August 1 is right around the corner...go figure. Anyway, it will be very interesting to see what round two brings. Best, Aprile Very Happy
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone Smile I just finished my second 8 week treatment and I am in a week of my rest period. I love this machine, I can use level 3 without problems, I actually find it relaxing and not painful. Also I found with the second treatment I didn't get flaky until my last two weeks. Does anyone know if you can use LED devices with Tria? I just ordered the Lightstim to try, and was hoping it was safe to use in conjunction with the Tria device. Any thoughts?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using Retina-A during the same time period as using the Tria? Any problems as a result? I'm renewing a Retin-A prescription but not sure if I should hold off using it until the 4 week rest period.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |