Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I am just finishing week 2 on level 3 and am using prescription Retin-a along with prescription Metrocream (rosacea) after Tria product. No problems so far.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Miss Jane wrote:
Is anyone using Retina-A during the same time period as using the Tria? Any problems as a result? I'm renewing a Retin-A prescription but not sure if I should hold off using it until the 4 week rest period.

Hi Miss Jane, I used Retin A throughout my treatment with no problems, however, I have very tough, oily, acne skin and YMMV. If I were you, I would take it very slowly - maybe once or twice a week to start - and see how your skin tolerates it. Very dry, sensitive skin seems to be a common side effect of using the Tria, so you may not be able to use the Retin A at all. Take it slow and see how it goes. Doodles

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Miss Jane wrote:
Is anyone using Retina-A during the same time period as using the Tria? Any problems as a result? I'm renewing a Retin-A prescription but not sure if I should hold off using it until the 4 week rest period.

Hi Miss Jane, I used Retin A throughout my treatment with no problems, however, I have very tough, oily, acne skin and YMMV. If I were you, I would take it very slowly - maybe once or twice a week to start - and see how your skin tolerates it. Very dry, sensitive skin seems to be a common side effect of using the Tria, so you may not be able to use the Retin A at all.
Take it slow and see how it goes. Doodles

Thanks for the feedback, Doodles Smile
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Jane wrote:
doodles wrote:
Miss Jane wrote:

Hi Miss Jane, I used Retin A throughout my treatment with no problems, however, I have very tough, oily, acne skin and YMMV. If I were you, I would take it very slowly - maybe once or twice a week to start - and see how your skin tolerates it. Very dry, sensitive skin seems to be a common side effect of using the Tria, so you may not be able to use the Retin A at all.
Take it slow and see how it goes. Doodles

Thanks for the feedback, Doodles Smile

Your welcome Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:13 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Miss Jane wrote:

Hi Miss Jane, I used Retin A throughout my treatment with no problems, however, I have very tough, oily, acne skin and YMMV. If I were you, I would take it very slowly - maybe once or twice a week to start - and see how your skin tolerates it. Very dry, sensitive skin seems to be a common side effect of using the Tria, so you may not be able to use the Retin A at all. Take it slow and see how it goes. Doodles

Totally agree Doodles. Also, FWIW, many find that a nice hydrating oil like sweet almond oil helps keep the skin hydrated, and of course, lots of internal hydration too!!! I'm waiting till summer ends to start my second go around... Cant wait to get started! Good luck Miss Jane!!!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote
As much as I like my Tria I have decided to sell it (comes with an unopened cleanser and finishing serum). I have too many gadgets and too little time! PM if you're interested. Doodles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Lisa I sent you a PM.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I also used retin a with my Tria without issues. I believe they both act in different enough ways not to interfere or irritate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use my Tria and Lightstim together? I thought I read that you could, but can't find the post now Crying or Very sad Please anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
dksnf68 wrote:
Can I use my Tria and Lightstim together? I thought I read that you could, but can't find the post now Crying or Very sad Please anyone know?

Yes you definitely can. I have a schedule that I copied but it's at work BUT I know for a fact they are fine together.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Would you mind sending your schedule when you get it? Is it like morning Lightstim, evening Tria? Confused Thanks Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Please?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link to the Chart that show's how to layer the various treatments. This informatino was provided by our member, PQ who has his own blog: Although, sadly he doesn't post on EDS anymore Crying or Very sad

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/how-to-layer-treatments-2/
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Omg lol, I think I'm totally dense, I find the chart confusing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone can update on using this? I read thru and read a lot of people using it and their experiences during use, but not a lot of final verdicts....so is it worth the money, did it give clearer, smoother skin, do you think your skin looks better? thanks for any review after using for 8 weeks. Very Happy
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hey Zizi. Here's my 2 cents worth. I've had my miracle machine for a year now and I won't be without it! I have eliminated my age spots on my face and hands and my non-smokers lines and the "side of my mouth" lines are lessening. Let's put it this way, in the last year, they have lessened because of my Tria, rather than gotten worse with age. I've only done 1 8-week treatment on my hands and neck and the skin on my hands has tightened up considerably. My neck still has some "turkey" skin but that too, has gotten better....even with one course of treatments. My skin is super sensitive and I thought that on my last course of treatments, that I would be able to bump it up to level 3 but alas, not for me. I'm on my 5th course of treatments now and I started out on level 3 around my mouth 'cause I wanted to tackle those darned lines but after about 5 days, I just couldn't stand the pain....so sadly, had to back it down to level 2 again. It seems that on level 3 for me, the pain gets worse every day...not less. So, in a nutshell, my face, neck and hands look better this year than last. So, as I'm 60 now, I can't ask for anything better.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
thank you shamus - that really helps. Im torn because at the moment there a few tools around that are getting good results for people, ie reaura, sqoom, merbe. Bethany has helped me in giving advice regarding sqoom versus merbe. Im just trying to keep the cost down whilst at the same time getting a useful item. Im still making up my mind. its ok if money is no object - get them all!!! But alas I am not in that position so have to be careful what I buy.
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
wow...never heard of spoom or merbe! Have to investigate that..not to purchase since at some point, I have to accept "age" (but kicking and screaming all the way, mind you) but just to keep informed.
all the best
Kathie
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
shamus wrote:
Hey Zizi. Here's my 2 cents worth. I've had my miracle machine for a year now and I won't be without it! I have eliminated my age spots on my face and hands and my non-smokers lines and the "side of my mouth" lines are lessening. Let's put it this way, in the last year, they have lessened because of my Tria, rather than gotten worse with age. I've only done 1 8-week treatment on my hands and neck and the skin on my hands has tightened up considerably. My neck still has some "turkey" skin but that too, has gotten better....even with one course of treatments. My skin is super sensitive and I thought that on my last course of treatments, that I would be able to bump it up to level 3 but alas, not for me. I'm on my 5th course of treatments now and I started out on level 3 around my mouth 'cause I wanted to tackle those darned lines but after about 5 days, I just couldn't stand the pain....so sadly, had to back it down to level 2 again. It seems that on level 3 for me, the pain gets worse every day...not less. So, in a nutshell, my face, neck and hands look better this year than last. So, as I'm 60 now, I can't ask for anything better.

Thanks for posting your update Shamus - it's so good to see that someone over 50 is seeing great results over the span of a year. YAY! Something to look forward to as I'm only on round two... The first round softened things somewhat, but nothing dramatic. At first level 3 was not tolerable and so I backed off and stayed on level 2. Now I can use it on level 3 no problem... I stopped during the summer months too because I spend so much time outdoors at my son's baseball games. I can't wait to see what the next 8 weeks brings. Thanks for the encouragement...I too want to eradicate those nasty "non-smokers lines"!!! Smile Aprile
2Maria
5% products discount

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, here is my update.
I just LOVE my Tria and also love the results.
Have been using my miracle worker for 7 months and am on my 3rd round.
On my first two rounds I used level 3. Now, on my third round I use level 2 mostly, the odd time I will to go level 3. It seems my skin is a little too sensitive now. But, that is OK as I still see results on medium/2.
I second everything that Shamus says about the results of this tool.
I am in my 60's and feeling good about myself.

Cool Cool
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
2Maria wrote:
Hi all, here is my update.
I just LOVE my Tria and also love the results.
Have been using my miracle worker for 7 months and am on my 3rd round.
On my first two rounds I used level 3. Now, on my third round I use level 2 mostly, the odd time I will to go level 3. It seems my skin is a little too sensitive now. But, that is OK as I still see results on medium/2.
I second everything that Shamus says about the results of this tool.
I am in my 60's and feeling good about myself.

Cool Cool

Oh that's wonderful Maria!!! So glad to hear this from someone in the 3rd round!! Can you share with us what improvements you've seen. Always love to hear the good news!!! Thanks, Aprile Laughing Laughing
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I will be starting round 3 in a month or so, I can only manage no2 so far, I might pick up the courage to try no 3 on this next round, I have not had any amazing results so far but overall I think it does help keep the skin plump. For my money the best thing I have used ever has been Hydraluric acid, its really made the most improvement to my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I only did one round in July and August and frankly, I am not really seeing any results. It did not even help with my minor pigmentation issues.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had good results from the 2 rounds I did with my Tria, but I actually think that I get better results from my once every 6-8 week dermaroller session. I also found that to use it every night for 8 weeks to be too time consuming - I have other gadgets I want to fit in Very Happy .

5% products discount

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile and all,
I am in the middle of round 3 and using and using mostly level 2.
I used to have uneven colour but now my complexion colour is very clear and even. Mind you I still have some light pigmentation on my cheeks. I feel some new spots appeared this summer. Guess my SPF was not high enough.
My number 11 only very faint. The line/wrinkle from outside edge of eye just diappeared.
The pores are really not very noticeable, especially on the cheeks, where the skin is just smooth.
The smokers lip has improved so much already.
I really love and can't get over the change in the area at the sides of the mouth. No more droop line, just a softening of the area. This spot I feel has really taken years off.
....and it just keeps getting better all the time.
As I said before, I love my Tria.

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |