Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

redness..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mody

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:10 am      Reply with quote
hi all, i used a product for my acne scars ,it's serum contain lactic acid (8%) and other ingredients(lacsal serum), after first using or second(i can't remmber exactly),i get bad irritation and redness ,it's 3 months till now and there is pinkish redness still here, i'm so worry because that, i need any help, opinions to get this redness down,thnx>>
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Welcome! Smile What is your full routine at present? Are you still using the product?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
mody

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:14 am      Reply with quote
hi,Firefox7275,no,i just used it for one time and after that stopped using it, i think that Allergic reaction to the serum, now i using gentle cleanser and bioderma sensbio forte cream for a month but this pinkish redness still here
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Given the timescale and that you used acids, it's more likely a mild form of irritant contact dermatitis than an allergy. Which specific gentle cleanser and what is the pH? No make up, sunscreen, exfoliator or any other products at all? Do you soak your face when in the shower or minimise water contact? Do you consistently meet or exceed all your government's recommendations for healthy eating?

Bioderma Sensiobio Forte
"WATER (AQUA), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), STEARIC ACID, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, RHAMNOSE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALLANTOIN, MANNITOL, XILITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, SODIUM PCA, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN."
Nothing really screaming at me there although a couple of possible culprits. Won't really help with barrier repair tho. You might switch to a product based on aloe vera (anti-inflammatory, healing) and/ or containing the lipids needed for a healthy skin barrier (ceramides, cholesterol, stearic and palmitic acids).

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
mody

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your response,i use cetaphil gentle cleanser and i don't use make up or any other products Currently except bioderma sensbio,also i rarely to going outside in the sun, and what relation between minimise water contact and this condition,what your recommended products and what you think about hydrocortisone cream and eucerin redness relief night cream,i really appreciate your response:).
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
IMO try to address the cause of the ongoing redness and irritation rather than treating the symptoms with corticosteroids (hydrocortisone). Minimise water contact because this can flush out the skin's natural moisturising factors, and the chlorine and fluoride in tap water can aggravate already irritated skin.

Try switching to a lotion cleanser such as CeraVe or a foaming product based on the surfactant cocoamidopropyl betaine. Cetaphil contains sulphate surfactants which are known irritants. Also ensure no shampoo bubbles contact your face because these also contain sulphates. Do this first, stick with your current moisturiser, only switch if changing the cleanser is not enough.

Moisturisers that help repair the skin barrier include CeraVe cream and Eucerin Professional Repair. Eucerin Redness Relief is not an improvement on what you are already using IMO. You don't need to go out in the sun to benefit from sunscreen, UV rays can penetrate glass and cloud and bounce off concrete into the shade. Zinc oxide has calming properties so is a good choice. I like the Devita sunscreens: the Body Block is based on aloe vera, often used for the face and is more reasonably priced than their facial sunscreens. This also acts as a moisturiser so two in one product.

Be sure also to eat an anti-inflammatory, low glycaemic index diet. Nine portions of fruit and veg a day, plenty of oily fish, no sugar or white refined carbohydrates, limit alcohol and caffeine, etc.

Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I have redness, but my akin is also very dry. What has helped heal my skin when it flared up was adding oils into my skin care routine. Rosehip oil, Tamanu oil and Emu oil is what really healed my skin. I also use a very good natural skincare line. I use Osmosis, but there are other great lines out there as well. The Repair from Osmosis is also very healing, but the oils are much cheaper and more effective.

A less expensive, natural skincare line that can be used is Bellaboo. It is marketed towards teens. My daughter has been using it for a few years now and has had good results. We are adding some additional products to her regime from NCN to deal with the hormonal acne she is getting lately, but we will be incorporating it into the Bellaboo routine.

A good skincare line essential IMO. It is the base of healthy skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I have redness, but my akin is also very dry. What has helped heal my skin when it flared up was adding oils into my skin care routine. Rosehip oil, Tamanu oil and Emu oil is what really healed my skin. I also use a very good natural skincare line. I use Osmosis, but there are other great lines out there as well. The Repair from Osmosis is also very healing, but the oils are much cheaper and more effective.

A less expensive, natural skincare line that can be used is Bellaboo. It is marketed towards teens. My daughter has been using it for a few years now and has had good results. We are adding some additional products to her regime from NCN to deal with the hormonal acne she is getting lately, but we will be incorporating it into the Bellaboo routine.

A good skincare line essential IMO. It is the base of healthy skin.

Great to see you Time2Bme! Very Happy

That speaks volumes that your daughter has used the Bellaboo since you found it! I have recommended it to a few friends with younger girls, mine are now 31 and 23...OMG I am getting old! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi DM!!!

The Bellaboo line is still fabulous. She has started to use the clay mask, which she never had to use before (Bellaboo Smoothie I think is the name).

Her skin glows and is really clean and healthy looking....not that she would agree because of the acne Rolling Eyes the odd one and nothing long lasting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Hi DM!!!

The Bellaboo line is still fabulous. She has started to use the clay mask, which she never had to use before (Bellaboo Smoothie I think is the name).

Her skin glows and is really clean and healthy looking....not that she would agree because of the acne Rolling Eyes the odd one and nothing long lasting!

LOL That is because a little zit is the end of life as we know it at "that" age!

Everyone who I recommended it to is thrilled and have happier teens! All because of you! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for telling me that. You never know when you rave about something whether anyone else will agree.

It is now available atwww.well.ca in Canada. They are a great company to deal with and the shipping is free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Thank you so much for telling me that. You never know when you rave about something whether anyone else will agree.

It is now available atwww.well.ca in Canada. They are a great company to deal with and the shipping is free.

There are a lot of mom's of teen girls thanking you, believe me when something works especially with girls that age word spreads! Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |