Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

So many kind of cleansers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Cleansing Oil
Cleansing Milk
Cleansing Gel
Cleansing Cream
Cleansing Foam

What are the diffences ?? hmm
Do they work the same but just differnt texture?
Mabsy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I would say that there is a bit of variance in how effective they are - but this is not between the different types but rather different brands. So, a cream cleanser from one company might be more effective than from another, etc

I think largely the difference is texture but different textures are suitable for different skin types (while some skins can handle all textures). I've got normal/combo skin and have used all of the types you mentioned. The creams, milks and oils tend to leave my skin comfortable and a bit moisturised - with a lot of them I could go without moisturiser and not feel uncomfortable. With the gels and foams, some are great and some have made my skin feel a bit tight. So, gels/foams tend to be better for oily skin while the others are good for dry or normal skin. I *am* generalising here though, there are exceptions - it largely just depends on the formulation.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy. I'm now using Decleor Cleansing Gel, and it makes my skin feel a bit tight as you said, so i guess my skin is not oily type.

I'm looking forward to buy a new cleansing after i finish with this one.. so i guess i'd go for cream, milk, or oil.

Thank you so much again Mabsy Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I like foam gels because most creams I have used tend to leave a sort of filmy feeling...and yep, I'm combo-oily
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin so my choice are always gentle creams and milks Smile

Aga
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
My preference are cleansing gels that foam. I like to have that "squeaky clean" feeling when I rinse off.

I am currently using Yonka Gel Nettoyant.

BTW, I have combo/sensitive skin.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry/sensitive skin. I can only use milk/cream type cleanser.

Fyi, from what I understand, cleansing oil is great at removing makeup/sunscreen. Most people use a 2nd cleanser after the cleansing oil.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I also know that u have to use another cleanser after cleansing oil.

How about cleansing milk? do u need to use anythng after it?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
You don't need to use another cleanser after cleansing milk/cream.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
as to using 2nd cleanser after cleansing oil, I have been using olive oil as a cleanser (heard about it on handbag and figured I'd give it a go since I have 2 lt of the stuff!) and have not found the need to use an additional cleanser after. My skin feels clean and soft an is fantastic in the morning. I feel guilty having stockpiled on the Boots balm now Confused (kept using the £5 vouchers...ended up in a vicious circle, with me having 4 tubs and still with a voucher! Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
as to using 2nd cleanser after cleansing oil, I have been using olive oil as a cleanser (heard about it on handbag and figured I'd give it a go since I have 2 lt of the stuff!) and have not found the need to use an additional cleanser after. My skin feels clean and soft an is fantastic in the morning. I feel guilty having stockpiled on the Boots balm now Confused (kept using the £5 vouchers...ended up in a vicious circle, with me having 4 tubs and still with a voucher! Laughing )

WOW! Guapagirl, are you talking about good old olive oil? - the kind I might drizzle on pizza? If so, I'm fascinated!! Is your skin dry? How long have you been using it?
Pudoodles
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I Dont even think I would dare to try olive oil on my skin, but hey, if it works, Great Cool
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the same thing as DHC olive oil???? Confused
Ali W

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to confirm what guapagirl says. I read the same thread on handbag.com and thought "why not give it a go?" I had a bottle of extra virgin oilve oil in the cupboard anyway. Now I should tell you that I have seriously oily skin, prone to blackheads and breakouts. One week on, my skin is less oily, my blackheads and pores seem to be dimishing and I have had no new breakouts, I am really impressed. Method, as well as your olive oil get a good supply of flannels. Morning and night spend a few minutes really massaging in a small amount of olive oil into your skin(about the amount you can tip into your hand) then get a really, really hot wet flannel (not burning)and wipe off, try circular motions. I rinse and repeat the hot flannel several times til my skin feels really clean, then splash with cold water ot hold on a cold flannel to help close pores. Should add that I have not had to use any moisturiser and it has also taken off my water proof mascara at the same time. Just used some eye cream round my eyes. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |