Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PLEASE help with dermarolling routine- so confused
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Autumnbelle

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello to all,

I have been reading everything I can for the past year on dermarolling. I have a 0.2 mm roller and a 1.5 mm roller (from owndoc site) and I REALLY want to use the 1.5, but I am too afraid to do so without having a “game plan” that I feel good about. I would very much appreciate suggestions/advice from others who have been dermarolling and are knowledgeable on this subject.

In an effort to shorten a post with the potential to rival “War and Peace,” I am just going to describe my issues and then list my questions.

Main issue: Rolling acne scars on both cheeks. The kind of scarring that is imperceptible in certain lighting but yet looks horrible in other lighting.
Secondary issue: Aging skin. I’m 47 but do look younger (according to others). No real wrinkles yet but the beginning of losing firmness/elasticity, lines under eyes, nasolabial lines. Combating the signs of aging is a definite reason for my wanting to roll, but the scarring is THE main reason.
Skin care routine: In an effort to stay away from harsh chemicals/carcinogens, I have been using natural soaps (Chagrin Valley), vitamin C serum (owndoc site), and rosehip seed oil (Kosmea) only on my face. The rosehip seed oil does seem to help give a “fresher” appearance to my skin and seems to help with the under eye area as well.

Questions:
(1) I have now rolled approximately 15 times or so with the 0.2 mm roller. I had very little -to- no pain in most areas. I followed each roll with the rosehip seed oil. I know that the 0.2 mm is for product penetration only, but I’m not sure if I’m wasting my time using just rosehip seed oil or not. The problem is, I want to go as “natural” as possible… although in all honesty, if someone told me that smearing cow doo doo on my face after rolling would get rid of scarring, I would do it in a heartbeat… Anyone who has scarring (real scarring— not hyperpigmentation, which some people refer to as scarring) knows exactly what I’m sayin here ; )
Any recommendations for a “natural” product to use with the 0.2 mm for penetration that may help with rolling scars?
I have a serum called Anti-Age Night Renewing Serum from Rodan and Fields (sold with their AMP – something or other) after I fell for a picture of greatly improved rolling scars. I tried to post the picture here, but unfortunately it won’t work (and I got a message stating that I cannot post a link as a new member).

Here are the ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-8, Rentinol, Myristoyl Pentpeptide-8, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Demithiconol, BHT

I purchased this before going more “natural”… and I’m not so sure how I feel about using it now…

I’m also considering another product called MRM MSM cream for use with the 0.2 mm roller after a girl posted that this helped her rolling scars tremendously.
Ingredients: Deionized water, MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane-25% concentration), glycerol monostearate, glycerine, apricot kernel oil, calendula actiphyte, almond oil, aloe extract, Citricidal (grapefruit seed extract), melaleuca oil, vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate). Contains no common irritants, allergens, artificial colors or animal products.

(2) For when I finally get brave enough to use the 1.5 mm roller—is there a consensus yet on what product(s) to use post rolling? I have 4 of the copper face masks from the owndoc site, but now I’m reading that we should not use copper until 5 days after rolling (for a deeper roll). Should I just use the Infadolan cream that Sarah recommends after rolling in that case? How long after rolling can I use another product? Which product(s) would you recommend (other than rosehip seed oil) for a few days after a deeper roll that may help with scarring? Should I still use the copper face mask 5 days later (with other products in between the time of the roll and the 5th day). I do not have Retin-A or A-Ret. I have only been using the vitamin C serum (according to Sarah’s directions) and the rosehip seed oil (rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants). Do you think I should get Retin-A or A-Ret (whatever the one from Sarah’s website is called)?

(3) I see that the dermarolling directions have changed on the owndoc website. How are the majority of women on this forum rolling (in the star pattern as first suggested or other?). When you do a deeper roll (1 mm, 1.5 mm etc.) are you bleeding/trying to achieve bleeding?

Here is the “routine” I have come up with so far…please critique, add to it, etc.
AM
Cleanser- Chagrin Valley natural soap
Rosehip seed oil
MRM MSM Cream

PM
Cleanser- Chagrin Valley natural soap w/Skinsonic machine
Every other night: 0.2 mm Dermaroll followed by rosehip seed oil and/or MRM MSM Cream OR ____________ (other???)
Vitamin C serum on nights that I do not dermaroll followed by rosehip seed oil and/or MRM MSM

Every 4 - 6 weeks:
1.5 mm Dermaroll followed by Infadolan cream.
Two days later: ????
Five days later: Copper peptide mask.

Any and all help/advice/opinions would be SO greatly appreciated!!

TIA,
Autumnbelle
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I can speak to my routine using a dermaroller for product penetration. I do not have acne, but rather my skin is pretty normal to dry.

I also felt like it was important to use a more natural approach after doing a roll.

Currently, after a penetration roll (about 3-4 times per week) I apply GHK serum (NCN) then immediately apply a semi-DIY oil based serum.

I use skin actives antioxidant booster, avocado oil and vitamin a and c.

Ingredients for Antioxidant Booster:Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Alpha-D-Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene.

I have not done a deeper roll yet, I am prepping my skin for the next few months with A and C topicals.

I hope that helps!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi erg

Thanks so much for your response!

So you add in your own avocado oil and vitamin a and c to the Skin Actives antioxidant booster- is that correct? What type of vitamin a and c and avocado oil, and where do you purchase them?

I am going to look at the GHK serum(NCN)right now.

How long have you been rolling and using these products, and what benefit have you seen, if any yet?

Thank you again for your time and for responding! It is very much appreciated. I no longer have any active acne - just the left over scarring : (
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Yes - I just use the Antioxidant Booster as a base. I add in avocado oil (my skin loves that oil) and Vitamin A Palmitate (from Essential Whole sale) and Ascorbyl Palmitate (from Skin Actives).

I have been using this for about two weeks. NOt expecting to see changes yet, but I am liking how it feels. I have used Skin Actives AOB for years and have just loved it... I just never added any actives to it until now.

I am curious also to hear other's experiences.

Take care and keep us posted,
Smile

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the info! I'm definitely looking into the ingredients and places to purchase for the additives.

I look forward to hearing how the additives work out for you!

Thanks again for taking the time to post!
Autumnbelle
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |