Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do You Shave Your Face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have little peach fuzz on my face and little sideburns. I think that a lot of women have such hair.

Do you usually get rid of them? If so, do you do so with shaving?
havana8

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
You might like one of these threads, Veronica:

come out of the closet...do you shave your face?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19049

women's facial shaving
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12983

Rem Spring facial hair remover
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46234

Smile
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I shaved my 'sideburns' when I accidentally dyed them red whilst doing my hair!! Laughing

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOOh no, please avoid shaving your face! It grows back double. I learned the hard way Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Although it may have seemed like your hair grew in 'double' it did not nuttymadam. If hair grew back double after being shaved, balding men would shave their heads and women would shave their eyebrows to get them to grow in thicker. Shaving does not create new folicules, but individual hairs may appear thicker because they were cut at a blunt angle and not tapered at the end like they were before shaving. Imagine you had long hair with lots of damage and split ends. If you were to get all those damaged, thin ends cut off, your hair would look and feel thicker at the ends, even though you did not increase the number of hairs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about shaving my upper lip. Its blonde but longer then it use to be. Its such a small area I'm not sure what kind of razor would best.

I've read lots of woman do love to shave.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was really annoyed at the fuzzies on my jaw line and above my lip, so I started using my epilator there.

Sometimes it's really hard to get around the contours of a face, and the hair is very fine so it doesn't catch every single one, But I think it's better than the alternatives. On my face, it works a lot better than waxing anyhow.

If I could just find a way to shape my eyebrows with it, I could get all the hair removal for my entire face done at once. Laughing

EDIT: Just don't use OCM to clean your face before you do it, unless your OCM rinses really, REALLY clean away. Once you get gunk in epilator blades, it's impossible to remove.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 am      Reply with quote
kmrmv8 wrote:
Although it may have seemed like your hair grew in 'double' it did not nuttymadam. If hair grew back double after being shaved, balding men would shave their heads and women would shave their eyebrows to get them to grow in thicker. Shaving does not create new folicules, but individual hairs may appear thicker because they were cut at a blunt angle and not tapered at the end like they were before shaving. Imagine you had long hair with lots of damage and split ends. If you were to get all those damaged, thin ends cut off, your hair would look and feel thicker at the ends, even though you did not increase the number of hairs.

Right on Girl!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 am      Reply with quote
nuttymadam wrote:
OOOOOh no, please avoid shaving your face! It grows back double. I learned the hard way Laughing

Brick wall WRONG!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I have been shaving my face for 20 years. My friend has spent a fortune doing electroylis{sp?}. Her face is still very hairy. People are so afraid to shave their face. It really is no big deal. Just go slow and use a smaller head razor. I think waxing pulls on your skin too much. If you use any retinols then you can't wax. Your makeup goes on so much better without all that peach fuzz! It's cheap and works great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
carolb wrote:
I have been shaving my face for 20 years. My friend has spent a fortune doing electroylis{sp?}. Her face is still very hairy. People are so afraid to shave their face. It really is no big deal. Just go slow and use a smaller head razor. I think waxing pulls on your skin too much. If you use any retinols then you can't wax. Your makeup goes on so much better without all that peach fuzz! It's cheap and works great!

You've got me beat Carolb...I haven't been shaving that long...but wish I had started sooner....

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for mentioning that if you're using retinols you can't wax. Makes sense. On a wim I just bought one of those bendy spring-things on e-bay. I guess I can kiss that 99 cents goodbye! Laughing

It seems like there've been a lot of these do-you-shave-your-face threads lately?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Wow, thanks for mentioning that if you're using retinols you can't wax. Makes sense. On a wim I just bought one of those bendy spring-things on e-bay. I guess I can kiss that 99 cents goodbye! Laughing

It seems like there've been a lot of these do-you-shave-your-face threads lately?

Like an epicare? I have one. You can use that while using retinols. It does work well but I get breakouts on the area every time I pull hair out at the roots.
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to go the professional route, might I recommend threading? Most major cities have it now. I worked at a salon were we did threading and a lot of people loved it. Tons of info on the net about it if you google 'threading'
If anyone has questions I would be more than willing to answer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I assumed that by waxing she meant any system that pulls hair out from the root? Isn't that what an epi-care whatsit does? I was thinking of getting one but more for my underarms and legs, areas where I don't apply tretinoin.. The thingy I got for my face is a cheapy that catches and yanks hairs out. Threading works well, but I'm not very good at it, and haven't tried it since beginning tretinoin.

My facial skin seems very thin now, so I was thinking that was good advice?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Methods like shaving, threading, tweezing, and 'the bendy spring thing' can all be used while on retin a. Like others have stated, waxing should NOt be done on skin being treated with retinoids. The reason is because retinoids can make your skin more sensitive, and the wax and get binder with the skin and take a few layers of skin along with the hair... Ouchy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for clearing that up for me kmrmv8! I had no idea waxing could be so risky. Its been a long time since I've experimented with it. I've been bleaching facial hair for most of my life.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |