Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic

5% products discount

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Fé wrote:

Hoi Chery (ook nederlands:))

Yes, it's true every face is different with some having more resistance than others.

But you make a mistake when you think all the microcurrent machines out there are the same, they can vary widely.

http://www.east-westseminars.com/downloads/HowToChoose.pdf

Darren Starwynn is mainly concerned with microcurrent used for medical purposes. His article is promoting a machine that he himself has developed and sells - the Acutron.

http://www.eastwestmed.com/product_description.php

This machine would not be suitable for microcurrent facials.

He also advertises his machine for facial rejuvenation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcN8zTphK6U

I'm on another forum and quite a few estheticians there are using the acutron mentor.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:

I'm on another forum and quite a few estheticians there are using the acutron mentor.

It seems to be advertised on many sites as "The world's most advanced pain management system". http://www.spiraldream.org/sites/gv/acutron.html

Do you know why eastheticians have chosen this machine over more standard models. I know it uses coloured light therapy - but I'm a little skeptical of the benefit of that. There's one for sale on Ebay - it's $3,000.00, so it's quite expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Fé wrote:

It seems to be advertised on many sites as "The world's most advanced pain management system". http://www.spiraldream.org/sites/gv/acutron.html

Do you know why eastheticians have chosen this machine over more standard models. I know it uses coloured light therapy - but I'm a little skeptical of the benefit of that. There's one for sale on Ebay - it's $3,000.00, so it's quite expensive.

I would like to get Christine Byer's comments on this....she has background in these areas and could possibly give some insight. I will message her to look at this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, that's my main problem when I look at microcurrent machine. I'm not sure all the different power, waves etc. that I should be looking for. That is the main reason I am looking forward to the release of the CACI home machine. I figure that is what they do for a living and know what kind of specs to put in a home model. While others sell a bunch of different facial machines imported from who knows where and they can never give you any information because they don't know it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
In looking at the before and afters of microcurrent treatments http://www.east-westseminars.com/pdf/ELR-before-after-pics.pdf
I find these results in line with treatments I have done on the six friends. I have done weekly treatments for three months and there befores and afters are amazing....can't post them for privacy reasons but the friend that is 62 has the best results of all. Two used to use botox but haven't had injections in a year, at this point they don't feel they need it. They range in age from 49-62.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
The Acutron, I hear from esties who've used it, is a great machine. However, I've also been told it's really too much for just simple facial microcurrent. Jane Mann, Microcurrent educator and Esthetican who specializes in facial microcurrent in Las Vegas, used it for a while but sold it because it was more than she needed. She said it was versatile and interesting, but she just didn't use all of its features. She swears by Beautiful Image Microcurrent.

I have never used it (Acutron), but it looks interesting. It's marketed more to acupuncturists because of its total body healing properties.

Cheers,
Christine Byer
Master Esthetician

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos

5% products discount

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Fé wrote:

Yes, this machine can also be used for wound healing, pain management, acupuncture etc (besides facial rejuvenation), so it's more complicated than a machine for facial rejuvenation only.

i agree about the coloured light therapy, (and besides that, those light attachments thingies on the end of the probes seems really awkward to use, or is it just me Very Happy)

You can adjust parameters (like frequency and UA) to very specific levels.
Most machines (well, at least the facial rejuvenation ones) are preprogrammed. Most estheticians prefer this, because they often not very technical and don't want to dig into all those stuff.
So, i understand the reaction of Jane Mann.

It's probably a good machine.
But today i found a letter from the FDA on the internet to Darren... It says Mr. Starwynn is making to many claims about the machine or something like that.
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Dear Christine,

I have a question about the lymph drainage. The corner of the eye i have a lot of lymph and i never saw anything about this on internet until your video.

I do a lot of massage but can't get it to go away.Do you or someone else have a tip for me.

love your video's and my microcurrent machine is on the way

chery
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:05 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
Dear Christine,

I have a question about the lymph drainage. The corner of the eye i have a lot of lymph and i never saw anything about this on internet until your video.

I do a lot of massage but can't get it to go away.Do you or someone else have a tip for me.

love your video's and my microcurrent machine is on the way

chery

I am not Christine, but have lots of ideas on how to shift lymph with microcurrent, do you have a microcurrent machine?

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Any day now haha its on its way to me, But i am watching the video's so i can start when it arive. I already trying to get the lymph down but no succes in the corner of my eyes. I did not know it was lymph

thanks PQ

chery
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Toby ~ those before and afters you posted are amazing! The last woman's face and neck differences are really impressive! So why do you feel that the microcurrent works so well... I mean is actually tightening AND lifting the skin or encouraging the body to produce more collagen and thicken the skin? I am just curious about what is actually happening to the skin. Thanks.
~ Aprile Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Wow Toby ~ those before and afters you posted are amazing! The last woman's face and neck differences are really impressive! So why do you feel that the microcurrent works so well... I mean is actually tightening AND lifting the skin or encouraging the body to produce more collagen and thicken the skin? I am just curious about what is actually happening to the skin. Thanks.
~ Aprile Smile

Christine Byer and PQ are way better at explaining the why it works than me but I have seen major change on the six ladies I work on. I think there a level of lymph drainage, increased circulation, toning of the muscles...you can actually tighten some muscles and relax others. Also there are pressure points that are stimulated in the face...all of this i for immediate improvement but with time the collagen is stimulated and their is fullness created again in the face along with toning the muscles for lift.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Christine Byer and PQ are way better at explaining the why it works than me but I have seen major change on the six ladies I work on. I think there a level of lymph drainage, increased circulation, toning of the muscles...you can actually tighten some muscles and relax others. Also there are pressure points that are stimulated in the face...all of this i for immediate improvement but with time the collagen is stimulated and their is fullness created again in the face along with toning the muscles for lift.

Thanks Toby for your response. I am very interested in the microcurrent. I know Nanci at NCN is going to be introducing hers at end of the year.. Is it hard to use? Thanks, Aprile
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 am      Reply with quote
My machine came in today, and i am reading the manual. What i find confusing is you can choose the pulse type, does anyone know. Intensity is how much microamps but what means the pulse type?

PQ if you have tips for me for the lymph (corner eye) i will be all ear.And thank you forever.

I also bought the book Microcurrent Therapy Training. So i will learn this, it may take a while

love EDS
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
My machine came in today, and i am reading the manual. What i find confusing is you can choose the pulse type, does anyone know. Intensity is how much microamps but what means the pulse type?

PQ if you have tips for me for the lymph (corner eye) i will be all ear.And thank you forever.

I also bought the book Microcurrent Therapy Training. So i will learn this, it may take a while

love EDS

Pulse type = square wave.

Microamps = start with 160 building up to 500 over 8 treatments.

Lymph treatment - I have some illustrations on how to use the probes - which I will publish on here for you, when I get home from work tonight.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks PQ
You make this so clear for me, i almost feel stupid. Its just my englisch haha

thanks
chery
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
sorry for all those questions but i have one last question. What is better the constant microcurrent tingeling or the one that stops in between like a klok wise tingel
square wave like this
--------------
or this one
- - - - - - - -

I can set this on my machine but don't know if there is a diverence between the two.

Hope it is both square wave microcurrent

chery
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
sorry for all those questions but i have one last question. What is better the constant microcurrent tingeling or the one that stops in between like a klok wise tingel
square wave like this
--------------
or this one
- - - - - - - -

I can set this on my machine but don't know if there is a diverence between the two.

chery

Not sure what you are asking Chery???

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:

love EDS

Microcurrent protocol chart is at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2768442/Lymph.pdf

Lymph drainage:

One fixed probe, where the black dot is, slide the other probe in the direction of the arrow.

Use current: 50 microamps, Ramp wave, frequency 300Mz and alternating current.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:12 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
chery wrote:
square wave like this
--------------
or this one
- - - - - - - -

chery

PQ

You should have the square wave setting selected.
Hope that helps.
PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello PQ,
Thanks i know now, the machine looks great. But only the output for the gloves are true microcurrent. the output for probes i think are to high. So i am thinking about a way to lower the output. This is going to be headbreaking.

chery
dendrite

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Great to see how microcurrent becomes more and more popular these days.

And thank you PQ, this is also very useful for me Smile, because i wanted to do lymph stimulation with my machine too!

I bought the machine from Shelly Hancok.
It's the 2-1-Photon-LED-Skin-Rejuvenation-Ion-Microcurrent-Machine.
The probes are a little bit difficult to use, but once you are used to them, it's a great machine and it also has LED lights Surprised

What's the difference between Mz and Hz?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 am      Reply with quote
dendrite wrote:

And thank you PQ, this is also very useful for me Smile, because i wanted to do lymph stimulation with my machine too!

The probes are a little bit difficult to use, but once you are used to them, it's a great machine and it also has LED lights Surprised

1 megahertz = 1 000 000 hertz

PQ

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:37 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
dendrite wrote:

1 megahertz = 1 000 000 hertz

PQ

Thanks for your answer. Isn't that too high to use on the face? ( my machine only goes until 1000 Hz.)
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
chery wrote:
square wave like this
--------------
or this one
- - - - - - - -

chery

PQ

You should have the square wave setting selected.
Hope that helps.
PQ

Should say 300Hz! Not MHz.

PQ

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |