Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
dendrite wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
dendrite wrote:
Great to see how microcurrent becomes more and more popular these days.

And thank you PQ, this is also very useful for me Smile, because i wanted to do lymph stimulation with my machine too!

I bought the machine from Shelly Hancok.
It's the 2-1-Photon-LED-Skin-Rejuvenation-Ion-Microcurrent-Machine.
The probes are a little bit difficult to use, but once you are used to them, it's a great machine and it also has LED lights Surprised

What's the difference between Mz and Hz?

1 megahertz = 1 000 000 hertz

PQ

Thanks for your answer. Isn't that too high to use on the face? ( my machine only goes until 1000 Hz.)

Yes should say 300Hz.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
sorry for all those questions but i have one last question. What is better the constant microcurrent tingeling or the one that stops in between like a klok wise tingel
square wave like this
--------------
or this one
- - - - - - - -

I can set this on my machine but don't know if there is a diverence between the two.

Hope it is both square wave microcurrent

chery

Chery,

Which device you referred to?
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
This device i bought on ebay, i am not happy with the amperes. It is much to high on the lowest setting, I hope someone at home can fix it. It can be fix, you have to put a resistence between the whire or something.

outlet 1 12.2V/ 0-1.5A
outlet 2 25V/ 1-2.5A

The gloves shocked me so high.

So in between i am saving for Nanci's or Caci's machine.

My H. thinks i am crazzy haha.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/MICROCURRENT-ULTRASOUND-FACIAL-TONING-LIFTING-MACHINE-/220817195412?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3369bb019

chery
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Chery, I was watching this device on Ebay. Didn't buy cause seller never replied to my questions, now you gave me an additional reason.
I'm waiting for CACI, hopefully Philip will review it as soon as he can get a prototype or sample.
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I hope CACI have the probes you can use seperaded. I like this most.I don't like the wands with the tips on.

chery

5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
This device i bought on ebay, i am not happy with the amperes. It is much to high on the lowest setting, I hope someone at home can fix it. It can be fix, you have to put a resistence between the whire or something.

outlet 1 12.2V/ 0-1.5A
outlet 2 25V/ 1-2.5A

The gloves shocked me so high.

So in between i am saving for Nanci's or Caci's machine.

My H. thinks i am crazzy haha.

chery

Are you sure you used the lowest setting available?
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes the lowest setting, it go's from one up to ten. I used one, i hope it is not the other way around.

chery

5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
Yes the lowest setting, it go's from one up to ten. I used one, i hope it is not the other way around.

chery

It would be weird if it worked that way, but who knows? Maybe you should give it a try=)
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Chery, I was watching this device on Ebay. Didn't buy cause seller never replied to my questions, now you gave me an additional reason.
I'm waiting for CACI, hopefully Philip will review it as soon as he can get a prototype or sample.

I am trying to get one the first week they are on sale, which is the 1st October, will report back.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, you are priceless!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for all the microcurrent experts out there. Would microcurrent treatments take care of a "pebbly chin" (I tried to post a picture but I'm not sure how). I have had botox in the mentalis muscle before and it works, however I would like to find a more permanent at home solution. Thanks, doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am on a quest to find out all I can about microcurrent...who knows I might change careers some day...I had a great lesson with Christine Byer and she encouraged me to seek out training though the internet if I didn't have anything local. I found this site and took the first part of the webinar this past weekend....lots of great information.

Quote:
Microcurrent Training
2012 Live Webinars and Distance Courses

• Understand Microcurrent Fundamentals and Principles
• Learn Techniques and Protocols
• Build Your Business with a New Modality

Web-Microcurrent for Facial Rejuvenation Part 1
Microcurrent and Healing, Terminology, Contraindications, Cautions, Benefits, Muscles of Facial Expression, Types of Units and Accessories, Rejuvenation Techniques

Dates: Sept. 9, Oct. 7, Nov. 11, Dec. 8
Time: 10AM-2PM Cost: $80.00 per course
Web-Microcurrent for Facial Rejuvenation Part 2
Review of Techniques, The Key to Exceptional Results, The Quik-Tone for the Busy Professional, 10 Golden Rules, Microcurrent Fiction, Treatment Settings, Patient Expectations and more!

Sept. 16, Oct. 14, Nov. 18, Dec. 16
Time: 10AM-12PM Cost: $40.00 per course

DISTANCE COURSES AVAILABLE ON WEBSITE

Registration: Please use PAYPAL and send fee to email address, bberger2@verizon.net. Please mention course date. Webinar information will be sent following registration.

Instructor: Barbara Berger, LAc is a 30 year practitioner of microcurrent and instructor on the subject of facial rejuvenation. She teaches health and skin care professionals through Webinars and Home Study Courses.

Microcurrent Therapy Training
712 D Street, Ste. G
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 299-0924

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for that info. I had also recently looked into microcurrent training in my area, but couldn't find a place that offered it. There is only one trade school here that offers esthetician training, but microcurrent wasn't in the curriculum.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy a microcurrent training kit here:
http://shelleyhancock.com/microcurrent.html
but it's expensive, $149.00.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
http://www.skinforlifeequipment.co.uk/video.php

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Dear PQ,

Thanks a lot!
ReginaB
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Based upon the glowing reviews and advise of seasoned veterans here, I found a Beautiful Image machine over an hour from my house. I am 50 with substantial under-eye puffiness, decent forehead, loose around corners of mouth, jawline not firm, and crows feet. The owner did my assessment and 1st treatment. It was in a Chiropractic office. She is 53 and did not have a wrinkle anywhere around her eyes or mouth. Her jawline was firm, she did have extra skin in her neck, but she was carrying extra lbs.
I am totally shocked at the results. I can see definite improvement. I did not tell hubby where I went today, and at dinner he asked if I had something done to my eyes today. I was not wearing any makeup.
Needless to say, I signed up for 10 sessions and will be driving 3 hours round trip for these sessions. They are that good.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Great to hear another person pleased with microcurrent treatments. I mentioned earlier in this thread about taking a webinar on microcurrent. I learned a great deal from this webinar and one thing I would like to pass along is how important it is to start microcurrent treatments early....like in your early 30's.Microcurrent will be effective at any age but if you start early you may keep things at bay. Microcurrent isn't the same as a face lift but it does give lift and rejuvenate the skin without question.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, do you think that there are any long term benefits to microcurrent. Like say if I sign up for 10 treatments but don't keep up a maintenance program after those 10 treatments are over. Do you go back to like you never did any treatment at all? I know we continue to age but would you say you increase collagen or muscle tone or something else by doing a series of microcurrent.
I just know if I have to go long term to a microcurrent appointment I won't do it. I might do it if I buy a machine for home use. That's why I am interested in the CACI machine for home use.
Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
IMO you can't stop doing anything - anti-aging is an ongoing and constant struggle! In the long run, it's much better to have your own devices so you can use them whenever you want - and, of course, it's much more economical. Although I do think it's a good idea to have a couple of professional microcurrent treatments to get a general idea of what you're supposed to be feeling and doing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
IMO you can't stop doing anything - anti-aging is an ongoing and constant struggle! In the long run, it's much better to have your own devices so you can use them whenever you want - and, of course, it's much more economical. Although I do think it's a good idea to have a couple of professional microcurrent treatments to get a general idea of what you're supposed to be feeling and doing.

I agree with Keliu. I am going to be using microcurrent for the long haul so the more I can find out about it the better. I learned a lot about techniques by purchasing the package of treatments and it also helped me decide that I wanted to purchase my own machine.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Toby, do you think that there are any long term benefits to microcurrent. Like say if I sign up for 10 treatments but don't keep up a maintenance program after those 10 treatments are over. Do you go back to like you never did any treatment at all? I know we continue to age but would you say you increase collagen or muscle tone or something else by doing a series of microcurrent.
I just know if I have to go long term to a microcurrent appointment I won't do it. I might do it if I buy a machine for home use. That's why I am interested in the CACI machine for home use.
Thanks.

Maintenance treatments are once a month.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu, have you already seen any lift from your MC apparatus?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:
Keliu, have you already seen any lift from your MC apparatus?

I'm not seeing any visible tightening of my jaw-line. But, overall, I feel as though I look less tired. I've been alternating between the gloves and probe treatments. I should really take my own advice and go and have a professional treatment to see whether it feels any different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 am      Reply with quote
If you have a good machine, which I think you do,technique is very important. Christine Byer was really good with providing a lesson. It is most helpful to follow someone's guidance when they are demonstrating on themselves....like her YouTube videos. The webinar I took goes through different techniques that address shortening and lengthening different muscles. I have learned from both Christine and the webinar training that a lot of the issues with our face are due to muscles needing to be stretched out and others needing to be tightened up.Getting the muscles relaxed takes years off the face.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |