Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Beautiful Image micro current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
PQ, thank you so much for addressing this issue!
Your contribution to this forum is invaluable. Your knowledge blows me away. Sending love your way.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Your contribution to this forum is invaluable. Your knowledge blows me away. Sending love your way.

Bellezza, we are a big EDS family who support each other, whatever our backgrounds and experience. Sending you love and hugs!

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

Agree 200%!!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:
WOW Keliu! I'm so excited for you. I haven't been able to make a decision. The more videos I watch the more undecided I get. Now I wonder about the probes having to be positive and negative and in most devices the probes are not color coded. I wish PQ would come back and explain this.

Polarity, negative and positive probes are only important when you are using a machine that has a direct current output (galvanic treatments) which is a current that flows in one direction only; when modulated as a wave, its amplitude is constant. When used as part of a skin rejuvenation treatment it is called galvanic current treatment. This current has distinct and important polarity and marked secondary chemical effects on the skin.

Disincrustation Treatment - using the - anode electrode, with the client holding the + cathode in their hand. This is used for deep cleansing of the skin, stimulation of sluggish skin with a build up of keratinised cells and oils.

Iontophoresis Treatment - using the + cathode electrode with the client holding the - anode in their hand. This is used for to push products into the skin, to hydrate and rebalance the skin after the disincrustation.

Contraindications - do not use galvanic current on skin/clients with rosacea, dermatitis and highly vascular conditions.

Microcurrent.

Microcurrent uses alternating current a current that periodically flows in opposite directions; its amplitude fluctuates as a square wave. You do not need to consider the polarity of your probes, as the polarity changes at each cycle of the wave.

PQ

Great information PQ,you are a wealth of information.. You are the best!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a useful chart which came with my old "professional" unit. It shows the treatment procedure for placement of the probes.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, PQ & Keliu!

Keliu, can i ask you why you don't use the machine anymore?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yams wrote:
Thanks so much, PQ & Keliu!

Keliu, can i ask you why you don't use the machine anymore?

I went off it because I felt it was a bit tiring to do - then I got interested in microcurrent again and have just purchased a new machine which has gloves (which I felt might be easier to do). It hasn't arrived yet but when it does, I will give a review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is an excellent chart Keliu, thank you for posting it. I think the gloves with your new machine are going to add a new dimension and will make the average person like us better with the device. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe the difference in the prices of these units?

I have just been looking at ebay and online and the same unit can vary in price from $350 to $1000. It's ridiculous. So hard not to get ripped off.

@ Keliu, did you pay for postage or did you get free postage? Some say they can't guarantee that you won't have to pay extra taxes etc? The more I read the more confused I get.

that chart is very helpful Keliu. How do we tell the positive from the negative? Some of the hand probes all look the same?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:
WOW Keliu! I'm so excited for you. I haven't been able to make a decision. The more videos I watch the more undecided I get. Now I wonder about the probes having to be positive and negative and in most devices the probes are not color coded. I wish PQ would come back and explain this.

Polarity, negative and positive probes are only important when you are using a machine that has a direct current output (galvanic treatments) which is a current that flows in one direction only; when modulated as a wave, its amplitude is constant. When used as part of a skin rejuvenation treatment it is called galvanic current treatment. This current has distinct and important polarity and marked secondary chemical effects on the skin.

Disincrustation Treatment - using the - anode electrode, with the client holding the + cathode in their hand. This is used for deep cleansing of the skin, stimulation of sluggish skin with a build up of keratinised cells and oils.

Iontophoresis Treatment - using the + cathode electrode with the client holding the - anode in their hand. This is used for to push products into the skin, to hydrate and rebalance the skin after the disincrustation.

Contraindications - do not use galvanic current on skin/clients with rosacea, dermatitis and highly vascular conditions.

Microcurrent.

Microcurrent uses alternating current a current that periodically flows in opposite directions; its amplitude fluctuates as a square wave. You do not need to consider the polarity of your probes, as the polarity changes at each cycle of the wave.

PQ

Actually, the anode electrode is positive +... and the cathode electrode is negative -
Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
dendrite wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

Microcurrent.

PQ

Actually, the anode electrode is positive +... and the cathode electrode is negative -
Very Happy

True, my error. But it doesn't affect my explanation of polarity and microcurrent which was the aim of the post.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Question - Is it okay to use microcurrent if you have botox? I've heard otherwise. I don't use it but it could be helpful information to others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Question - Is it okay to use microcurrent if you have botox? I've heard otherwise. I don't use it but it could be helpful information to others.

After botox, don't do any treatment over the area that causes any mechanical disruption to the botox, i.e. microcurrent, galvanic or muscle stimulation, after the 2 weeks, avoid using micro curren over the injection site, as it will reduce how long your botox lasts, as botox disables the muscle and micro current enables the muscle, so they are working against each other.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:11 am      Reply with quote
My new microcurrent machine arrived today - it's HUGE!! It's much larger than I expected (I didn't take note of measurements when I bought it) and it won't fit on my bathroom bench - I had to put in on the floor. Rolling Eyes I'm going to have to organise some other way of setting this up.

I've just done a treatment using the gloves - this is definitely much easier and more fun than using the probes. I basically just used the directions in the chart I posted earlier. The instructions that came with the machine are in Chinglish so they're pretty garbled. But apparently it has one mode for "deferring senile" - now this is something I really need! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 am      Reply with quote
LOL, what's deferring senile?
I will anxiously await your review.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
deferring senile ~ I think we could all use some of that once in a while. Who would've thought it would come in a machine Laughing

Thanks PQ for getting back so promptly. And thanks Keliu for the chart - I'm sure I'll use it at some point.
I have found that the Nuface really helps a lot with 11 lines for me. Botox was even more effective when I used it a few years back but I am committed to staying away and trying to work on things more naturally. I got so tired of seeing women on the news with the typical frozen face syndrome due to botox everywhere. It became refreshing to see expression lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I came across a video on YouTube which gives some very basic instruction on how to use a BioWave machine. So I went to their website and found that they actually sell the same machine that I purchased on Ebay. It's $1,495.00!!! I paid $378.00 on Ebay!

http://www.classicspacollection.com/single-multi-fuction-table-top/micro-current-electro-device-w-magic-gloves.html

So far I've done two treatments with the gloves (which are so easy) and one with the probes. After watching the video, I feel more confident that I'm using the machine in the correct way. The instructions are garbage so I just winged it. I'm quite happy with the machine though - except that it is too big.

Here's the video - not very comprehensive, but better than nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FtuDTH3FTs&feature=related

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Found this video regarding treating nasal problems with microcurrent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmigzbrjymg&feature=related

I haven't tried this yet so don't know whether it works but it could be worth a go. I've suffered from sinusitis for years and have had to have two operations on my nose. I also have to use Nasonex nasal spray every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I know you have a portable handheld microcurrent device, how do you find the machine compared to the handheld one in terms of skin lifting? I know that it may be too early for you to give us your verdict.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Keliu,

I know you have a portable handheld microcurrent device, how do you find the machine compared to the handheld one in terms of skin lifting? I know that it may be too early for you to give us your verdict.

To be honest, I've never seen any visible lifting with anything!
I think the handheld device is more useful for conditioning the skin rather than lifting. It does give the same sensation - but without the separate probes, I think lifting is negligible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, did you find a video on how to use gloves for micro current? Have you noticed any lifting at all with your MC probes?
Most of us are waiting for a review of your new device, hope to see one soon.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like Keliu got a great buy. I'm hoping she'll get some lifting out of it. That would be encouraging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've just been playing around trying out the different modes. I really like using the gloves, its far easier than the probes - plus you can feel what you're doing. But last night I was using a too high setting and thought I was going to pass out when I put the gloves on my face - I felt very strange. That's a bit of a worry!!

Compared to my other machine, I do like this one better. My other machine used a second timer to time the strokes - so the current wasn't continuous- that was rather annoying because you had to time the strokes to match the timer (or vice versa). The new machine is always "on" so you just use the length of stroke you wish.

I'm still confused by the difference in "facial" mode and "bio" mode. Of course, the "bio" is a feature of the machine - it uses a bio wave - but I'm still confused as to how this works and why it's different from the "facial" mode.

I can't see any definitive lift after a treatment. But can't say whether that's due to insufficient treatments or poor technique.

Sorry I haven't given much of a review - but it's hard to give a proper review when you really don't know what you're doing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu - it's a start. Are you using any products with your machine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Keliu - it's a start. Are you using any products with your machine?

With the gloves I just use water. With the probes I use either Aloe Vera Gel or a conductive gel.

I've also had a go using the body probes on the face (which is what Christine does). I think I like these better than the probes with the q-tips - not sure yet.

A friend of mine thinks that I should go and get a professional treatment done at a salon to see how it feels and what movements they do - that would probably be a good idea.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |