Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I am looking for a foundation that has full coverage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kikid70
5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I went to a dermatology clinic and they tried Babor Deluxe Foundation. I really liked the way that it felt but it didn't give me enough coverage. I have melasma which I have been working on lightening. The aestetician tried the Babor Deluxe foundation and powder. It was more of a light to medium coverage. Does anyone have any recs for good foundation that stands up to heat and humidity? TIA
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
A couple questions that may be helpful to answer
Are you looking for MMU? Liquid, powder, other?
Are you looking for something that can be found in the drugstore, department store, or online? What is your price range? What is your skin color and tone?
Look into getting samples before you buy the full size.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't care for mineral make up. I have allergies and have tried MMU. They tend to bother my eyes. I have used a compact powder foundation for years. The Babor that I used was liquid. I am flexible. I don't care to buy from a drugstore. I prefer department store, online, Sephora, etc. I am a medium light. The Babor shade that matched me was the #2. My face is lighter than my body because I do use sunscreen under my makeup. I really don't want to spend over $100 for foundation and/or powder.
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use laura mercier and it is gorg on my skin, not too matte but also dewy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laura Mercier too, great coverage!

I use the Silk Camouflage in the tube. It glides on and drys to a matte finish.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR is fabulous. Great coverage, that lasts. Leaves skin smooth and flawless.
StellaDiva
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Ditto for the Laura Mercier. I use the silk creme in the jar.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 am      Reply with quote
My skin really flared up this summer. It became painfully dry and really red. By continuing with my Osmosis Skincare and adding in Rosehip, Emu and Tamanu oil my skin is looking better than it has in years....but I was desperate for a full coverage foundation that didn't cake or hurt my hypersensitive skin during that time.

I tried so many foundations and Laura Mercier Silk Cream foundation in the tube was the only one that worked for me and didn't make my skin worse. It completely covers the red, without caking or flaking. It doesn't settle into any lines. I can't say enough about it. In fact, I returned all the other ones and bought a couple of extra tubes to make sure I don't run out if the store ends up being out of my colour!

The only other one that was a distant second was Clarins Super Restorative Foundation, but it is still not as good as the LM

5% products discount

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a bottle of Kat von D Lock-it Tatoo foundation. Full coverage and Oil free but does contain cones. http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138 .
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
When I was looking for a new foundation, I searched sites like this one, makeup alley, you tube, etc.

One of the things I learned by watching countless You Tube reviews was the stippling application method. I have always used a foundation brush, but I used to just paint it on. The stippling method of foundation application makes a big difference with the amount of coverage you get. When I apply the LM Silk Cream foundation, I squeeze a very small amount (a tiny bit goes a long way..even when you want full coverage) on the back of my hand. I tap the brush into the foundation and stipple it (basically tapping the brush lightly) to cover. I love this method. I get better coverage and no streaking. I use a Beauty Blender sponge and 'tap' around my hair line, ears, jawline to make to sure it blends and I don't have a line.

If your skin is dry like mine, the oil-free foundations are probably not a great choice for you. The long lasting, oil free foundations looked terrible on my skin. LM Silk Cream still gives me long lasting coverage without the caking and powder-y look that all the other kinds did.

I tried: Chanel, Lancôme (3 different kinds), Estée Lauder, Clarins (2 different kinds), MMU, Stila, Tarte....as well as the LM Moisturizing foundation and Tinted Moisturizer with concealer....nothing performed anywhere close to Silk Cream.

Good luck in your search....I was VERY glad when mine ended. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kat Von D has a new full coverage foundation, I believe it is called tattoo foundation.
Has great reviews. Onwww.sephora.com

I have never tried any of the items in the line, but am curious to try this one.
Razz
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Both MakeUpForever and Lorac have a good full coverage. I use the Lorac right now, a little heavier coverage but will not break you out.
I used mineral makeup for years but just never could get the right one, just seemed to make all the lines more prominent.
Right now I am back on trying the BB, have quite a few samples from Sephora to see which one might win out. So far CLinique is my favorite. I had bought it but then quit using it as I thought it was turning orange on me. Turned out that wasn't the culprit after all so I am giving it a second try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Giorgio Armani foundation, but it's expensive
carriecarnes

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the person who posted Estee Lauder double wear foundation and powder. It provides excellent coverage and when I wore it, I didn't have to reapply powder throughout the day. I'm obsessed with makeup and haven't had a chance to try the other suggestions people have made, but I'm sure they work great too. However, I have super sensitive skin, so extended use of the Estee Lauder double wear was breaking my face out, so I switched to wearing Clinique Stay Matte. It doesn't provide as long of longterm wear as the Double Wear by Estee Lauder, but it's much healthier for your skin and I feel so much more confident when I'm not wearing makeup because Clinque products have made my skin more naturally beautiful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that "IT COSMETICS" has a foundation that can do full coverage. I saw it on the shopping channel website. It covered the tattoo on one of the models hands with this foundation. Is this the type of coverage that you are looking for? Too bad, EDS does not sell this product. I would like to buy... I don't trust other online sites because of security of payment, only EDS. Any products that I buy here is pretty secured which I liked....

kikid70 wrote:
I went to a dermatology clinic and they tried Babor Deluxe Foundation. I really liked the way that it felt but it didn't give me enough coverage. I have melasma which I have been working on lightening. The aestetician tried the Babor Deluxe foundation and powder. It was more of a light to medium coverage. Does anyone have any recs for good foundation that stands up to heat and humidity? TIA
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Something that is really important for choosing a foundation, but is often not asked, is your skin type. Because I have dry skin, the water based, long wearing foundations seldom work for me. I've yet to find one that does and I've tried many.

Laura Mercier Silk Cream foundation is the only foundation I have found that is long wearing and doesn't dry my skin out. Any of the other long wearing foundations make my skin look old and dry. It may not be the best product for someone with oily skin, but for my dry skin .. it is the best I've ever found.

What I find frustrating is that many sales people ask what you want (i.e. long wearing) and do not focus on your skin type. When I finally found a salesperson that did, I realized that I would have a very difficult time finding one of the long-wearing foundations to work for me. She suggested that I try the medium to full coverage creamier foundations met for dry skin. Because my skin is not oily, the foundation won't break down on my skin like it would on someone with oily skin. Sometimes you have to give up one thing for another (i.e. moisturizing as opposed to long wearing), but with LM Silk Cream, I luckily found both.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi......I used dermicover to cover my melasma.It is a good cover system .which is harmless to the skin. I stay In India. It is available in India. But along with that I would ask you to follow homeopathic treatment.........I had the worst experience when my whole face looked black............ i looked scarey............ My skin is almost back to normal.....so friend................while you use cover system.please do not neglect medicines..especially the homeopathic ones.............unless and until the problem is treted.....it wont stop surfacing ....email me if you need my help........

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Quite true. Any foundation with full coverage for combination skin?

Time2Bme wrote:
Something that is really important for choosing a foundation, but is often not asked, is your skin type..
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |