Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin care routine for hyperpigmenation on face? Please help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mannu.gill

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been dealing with hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and forehead for about 17 years. BTW, I am 39yrs old, east Indian woman with olive skin.
I have used many products in the past such as obagi, chemical peels etc.
Currently, I use Vit C(Kassy's DIY recipe) serum during the day and Reitnol at night. I daily wear La-roche spf 60 sunscreen.

Is there anyone in the forum who has successfully treated it with some skin care routine. I am too afraid to try lasers and other invasive procedures.

I am also going to order derma-roller today to see if that can help.

thanks alot for your help.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
mannu.gill wrote:
I have been dealing with hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and forehead for about 17 years. BTW, I am 39yrs old, east Indian woman with olive skin.
I have used many products in the past such as obagi, chemical peels etc.
Currently, I use Vit C(Kassy's DIY recipe) serum during the day and Reitnol at night. I daily wear La-roche spf 60 sunscreen.

Is there anyone in the forum who has successfully treated it with some skin care routine. I am too afraid to try lasers and other invasive procedures.

I am also going to order derma-roller today to see if that can help.

thanks alot for your help.

Hi, I replied on your other thread...I have a different skin type to you, but I have found that a multi pronged approach has worked best for me. Please do some reading about melasma etc ( you may have already) a good place to start is here http://www.skincaretalk.com/f/38/melasma. I learnt a lot about the way that chemicals, diet and skin care may have been causing my hyperpigmentation and melasma.

HTH
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Is your melasma dermal or epidermal? If it is dermal you will find it very tough to clear with topicals unfortunately. Are you applying the recommended amount of sunscreen, to bare skin if it contains chemical agents, and reapplying frequently? As Rebecca1 says an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich diet and lifestyle may be beneficial.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have olive skin as well, and my spots due to small acne bouts have faded nicely with my routine (listed below in my sig.).

I'm of the opinion that vitamin c during the day may make skin vulnerable, so I now use it (every 3rd or 4th) night. I also stopped layering my other treatments and now end up using them seperately, rotating once every 3 or 4 nights. On some nights I don't use anything at all, just to give my skin a break. I found that although all these products (& microfibre) had been helping, my skin had been quite irritated (hard to detect redness on brown skin!) and become thin. I'm finding that less is more and am fairly happy with it now.

I hope that at least gives you something to consider. Also, I've been a bit hesitant about using chemical peels, so I don't dabble all too often. One of the reasons is that I gather darker skintones have to be more careful about certain peels, so we have to really do our homework in that department before doing what everyone else is doing.

Good luck!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
kmckinzie

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would try a chemical peel! You can good results from them, I would definitely try a BHA peel first If you are a little hesitate. BHA peels are more of a superficial peel, don't get me wrong you still get some results there is just stronger peels out that can get the job done faster (Jessner) I've also seen amazing results with microderm! With that being said using an AHA or BHA in your daily routine will only speed up the lighting process.
AHA's - should be listed second to third on the ingredients lists making it more likely to contain the proper concentration
BHA's - Can be listed towards the middle or even close to the bottom, because it's effective at lower concentrations.
Definitely don't buy into the the AHA an BHA's in cleaners, both acids have to be absorbed into the skin for any results . Cleansers are just washed off before anything can be absorbed.
MOST OF ALL USE SUNSCREEN !!!
The most effective sunscreen will contain titanium dioxide, zinc oxide ,or avobenzone.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I used to have discoloration on my face, and I used Makari's night treatment cream on it. It worked pretty well, so that might be something to look into.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |