Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
CSRx Vit C + SC Hydrating Gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

As soon my cellular skin shipment comes I am going to strat using Vit C serum.
I was wondering about 2 things:
-because I have dry skin , Should I get the SC hydrating gel?
-could I mix brands as far as using the CSRx Vit C and skinceutrals hydrating gel?

Aga
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
CS RX C has an oily feel when it goes on. Don't worry it absorbs nicely. One of the reason I like it is I find C can be drying. Perhaps you should wait until you see how it goes before adding anything. God, I sound like your mother Laughing . Just trying to save you money.

Winnie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a good idea Smile

THX Winnie!
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
A few months ago when I first started using Vit C I started with SC Vit C+AHA along with Relaxaline. While I did notice some improvement, it wasn't as drastic as I had expected.

When I ordered the Relaxaline, they sent me a sample of their Vit C. I never used it until about a week ago and I have to say I like it much better. I don't have a big problem with large pores except for around my nose. The CSRx Vit C has definately helped reduce the size of those pores. I also haven't found the CSRx Vit C to be drying at all for me.

I think in the beginning I made the mistake of thinking that because the SC was more expensive that it was better. For me, it wasn't. You may want to consider trying the CSRx first.

Stephanie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking forward to starting using Vit C!
Hopefully I will be able to see results Smile
Heard a lot of great stuff about CSRx.

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Steph, she already got the CSRx vitamin C but is asking whther she can use the B5 gel with it.

You shouldn't have a problem using the 2 together, but test out the vit c for a week or so first, your regular moisturizer may be enough. If not then try a hyaluronic acid product. There's skinceuticals, cellex-c, emergin C, and Mario Badescu too!
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Somehow I missed that. I guess that's what I get for trying to read, type, and help my daughter all at the same time. Sorry about that!

Stephanie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Steph - hehe, no problem Smile

Lianne -which one of those Ha products works best?

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
no worries steph!

Aga, I don't currently use one. I ordered the SC B5 and am waiting for it. Also getting a sample of the cellex-c one coming. the MB one I think is $30, the cheapest..but I don't know how good it is. I'm sure someone who has tried them out will let us know!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
The SC B5 gel is lovely, but really $$$. I started using relaxaline after I used all my B5 up and it mixed with SC C serum and Cellular skin C serum equally well. I think that the HA in both serums is the stuff that does the trick and I wouldn't be without it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I just got the Vit C yesterday! YYAAYY!
Used it today and it feels really nice on my skin! Love the oily texture !

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
aga,
let us know how it goes for you...and whether you need extra hydration or not!
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
So far it looks like my skin is doing great with the Vit C.

I used it only 2 times so far so I dont know if anything is going to change later on.
But for now I am really happy. I actually dont feel like I have to put any moisturizer after I apply Vit C. YYAAYY! Smile

When did you start noticing improvements in the skin?

Aga
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |