Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brands that You Admire the Most
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
What are some skin care/hair care brands that you like/admire most?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Off the top of my head: Nia24, Liz Earle, Murad, and Skinceuticals.
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Nia24 for me too, along with Karin Herzog and PSF.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I do not have such a brand, all of them fall short in one aspect or another. For example, Paula's Choice makes nice AHA/BHA products, but her antioxidant serums are not effective enough IMHO. Also, some of her products contain really nasty ingredients.

I would love to find such a brand that uses nice potent ingredients in optimal amounts, non-irritating cleansers and AHA/BHA products. That's why I am trying Devita now, but we'll see.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Image. I love their products. I love the short ingrediant lists and high powered peptides, vit-c etc.

Skinceuticals - no good reason I just want their CE Ferulic and can't afford it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie- Cosmetic Skin SOlutions do the exact same product for like 35 dollars. I use it- its always fresh.
Pretty_Simple

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I'd say the best (in terms of results and quality of the ingredients) is definitely Eminence Organics. Just an absolutely wonderful line that smells amazing and does wonders for my skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice and Eminence Organics for skin

Aphogee, Dudley's and Aunrey for hair
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
SWISS PERFECTION
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yiying,

I've never heard of Swiss Perfection. Could you please briefly describe the brand, and explain why you like it so much?
teago
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love Neostrata for pathing the way for AHA/BHA's and also adding in other good ingredients.
I also admire Ultraceuticals (an australian version of skinceuticals). I dont here it mentioned here much but check it out, some great products though they are expensive.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Devita, Myfawnie, OwnDoc, some Weleda products, Aloe Pura/ Aloe Dent, Lanolips!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
MandyBeauty

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Lancome for color and I also like their High resolution collaser serum, Eminence for skin care, Fysiko for growing eyelashes, Chanel for perfume, Colorescience - best foundation ever
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Yiying,

I've never heard of Swiss Perfection. Could you please briefly describe the brand, and explain why you like it so much?

It is a high-end elite swiss brand, not easily available in North America.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:
Yiying,

It is a high-end elite swiss brand, not easily available in North America.

That's probably why I've never heard of it.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I just found its website:

http://swissperfection.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=swiss_flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=430&category_id=68&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=103&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=103

You're not kidding about it being high-end. 140 CHF (roughly equivalent to $143) for a 6.7 oz bottle of facial cleanser.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda and Aveeno are two other brands that I admire.
terraaus
5% products discount

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
N V Perricone
Murad
Aloette
LifeCell
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice and Olay Smile
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Paula's Choice and Eminence Organics for skin

Aphogee, Dudley's and Aunrey for hair

Sorry, I meant Aubrey for hair.

Aubrey Organics makes several good hair conditioners.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I love:

Obagi NuDerm
Perricone
Murad
Liz Earle
Skin Biology - I think - still making up my mind!
Mally makeup
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
la prairie, decleor for skincare
l'occitane, fekki for hair
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I use a variety of skin care lines and my faves are Perricone (High Potency Evening Repair, Vitamin C-Ester, Neuropeptide Deep Wrinkle serum, cold plasma, acyl glutathione eye serum), SkinActives (Bright I cream, Vitamin C serum, Let's Make Collagen, ELS serum, antiaging cream, Be Kind Rewind cream), Skinn (cleansers and Dermappeal), Isomers (Redensify eye & her protein lash treatment), PTR (Unwrinkle Peel pads & original unwrinkle serum), currently also using Sisley Sisleya Eye & Lip cream & La Prairie Antiaging eye cream.

For color, my favorite eyeshadows are Inglot, Skinn (although he doesn't make singles) & Trish McEvoy as I've found these to have the highest pigmentation and longest wear. I like a natural, nude looking eye so I stay with mattes. My favorite mascara is Tarte Lights Camera Action followed with a layer of Lancome. (Tarte 2 pack can be bought on QVC for $28, a great deal!) Any other mascara seems to make my lashes break so I've found that a natural mascara seems to work best on my lashes. I also like Mally's Brow Beauty Brow Fix or now being called Universal Instant Brow Wand as it stays on better than anything else I've tried on my disappearing brow lashes.
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Nia24, skinceuticals, and obagi
I've been using Nia24 for about 4 years now. I started using nia because some annoying uneven skin..after about 6 months I noticed the a lot of improvement.
In the morning I use skinceuticals C E, hyloric gel, and obagi mineral sunblock (zinc) then my make up
In summary, I really think that skinceuticals CE and Nia24 helped me with huperpigmentation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Well, you did ask for Brands.

I use different brands that have specific hype that meet their promise.

As for overall Brands, I totally trust Cellcosmet, Embryolisse, La Prairie, and Avene. If I had to pick one of them only, I would say Cellcosmet.

I've been using Kerastase hair brand for years.

As for cosmetics, overall Brand would be Chanel.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |