Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

JB skin peeling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I just got my full sizes of the Prep, Alphaderma and Okusil yesterday. I used it last night and this morning. Then today when I went to put my makeup on, I noticed that my skin is scaling and peeling. Mostly on my nose and the sides of it and on my chin and right under my bottom lip. I wondered if anyone else had had this happen. I had the 5 day pack, but never felt I had enough product to really do my entire face. I dabbed a bit the first day or two and then just used it around my eyes after that.

I don't think that it would be the C in the products causing peeling because up until now, I have been using the C+E everyday. I stopped for now to give this a try. I also used a bit of moisturizer last night and this morning over it since it left me a bit dry. So this is pretty much all the products I have used since I got it. Anyone else have any sort of scaly peeling? Or if Winnie or anyone could tell me if this is something that happens, but is going to go away pretty darned fast or if I should do something in a different way.

I'm not in love at all with the peeling, but I know sometimes new products will hit you a bit so I'm not freaking 'yet' and looking to send back my $199 purchase. But if this is something that no one has experienced and continues, then I probably won't be feeling as tolerant as I am at the moment.

Just to add on, I called JB and the person that I talked to said that he would have someone call me back. So hopefully I'll find out more on this.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
It's probably product overdose! too much at once. Give it a while for your skin to adapt, and maybe cut back to once per day for the first little bit.

I'm sure winnie can help more when she gets back online.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
That makes a lot of sense actually. I was a bit startled at how much came out of both the Prep and Alphaderma with just a pump from the bottle. Then I had to look around for places on my body to put it all. That 5 day sample fools you a little bit there. Or at least it did me. Because it is harder to get out and it comes in small amounts, it gave me the impression that I would need more of the product with the regular sizes than I do. If that makes any sense at all. Rolling Eyes
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh marella Im very sorry to hear of your problem with the JB products. I cant believe it cause I used mine and it was just like any other cream. Im so lucky not to have sensitive skin. Hopefully someone from JB will be able to advise you better and its just a flash in the pan. In the meantime, maybe take liannes advise of you could put one product on one night, another the next and nother the next and try and elimate the one thats cause the trouble.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cindi. This all sounds like sound advice. I think I'll probably just use it at night for a bit and work it into days a little at a time. Unless of course JB tells me something drastic which I don't expect actually. It probably is just product overdose.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
It might only be one of the three that is causing a reaction so if you still have no luck, then I would use the prep for a few nights on its own with your older products, if its not that, then add the okusil, and if its not that try the adce over them. I hope its just a temporary glitch. I'd be gutted. Do JB have a return policy for bad reactions to the product?
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well the rep from JB called me back. He was very nice, but apparently this is the first time that anyone has had a problem with peeling from their products. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear. He advised that I stick with it a few days and see what happens. Pretty much what I was thinking of anyway, but I would have preferred not having the reaction that No One has ever reported. Ah well. A few days will tell the tale.

Cindi: I didn't think to ask about their return policy. Probably should have. I would imagine that they have one, but I probably should check that out soon just in case. Neutral
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, check it out Marella, its a lot of money to just cast a side. Just cause no one has reported a reaction before, doesnt mean its not possible. For things like that, as long as you return the product pretty quickly they should be honourable and provide you with some kind of refund. Hopefully you will be ok, its just first day nerves Wink
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is probably not the case, but does your makeup have silicones in it? I'm not completely sure, but I think the ADCE products have silicones in them too. Sometimes the silicone starts peeling off if I layer too many products containing it and it looks just like skin peeling.

This happened to me at the mall the other day when I was going around to all the counters testing eye creams. The Prescriptives lady thought my undereyes were peeling until I explained to her how many layers of eye cream I had just tested. Anyway...just a thought.

-Cheri
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
It's probably product overdose! too much at once. Give it a while for your skin to adapt, and maybe cut back to once per day for the first little bit.

Lets try to figure this out. The only other person I think had a problem with peeling was Lily. Could be wrong...so many names to remember.

Don't use anything else with the AlphaDerma, Prep. Cleanse your face, put no more then 1/4 to 1/2 pump on your face and neck. Let it totally soak in and then apply AlphaDerma. Again 1/4/1/2 pump should more then do your face and neck. Please skip a day. Apply the ADCE line every other day for the first week during the day. Use a mild moisturizer at night. Next week use AM and PM every other day. Then go to 2x's a day daily.

I don't know what could have irritated you. However, some people should introduce product slowly.

Do not put C under AlphaDermaCE until you are totally used to the product. I can use C now but had problems at first.

Please PM/email me if you need help.

Winnie
JB
sportie

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
rubbing off in little gummy balls especially when I put foundation over it. I have discovered that some foundations work better over it than others. Chanel's vitalumiere balls up but my Giorgio Armani and Laura Mercier Oil free do not. Also, I used to use moisturizer over the ADCE but now its not necessary as I get enough hydration from those products. HTH
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
lianne wrote:

Lets try to figure this out. The only other person I think had a problem with peeling was Lily. Could be wrong...so many names to remember.

Don't use anything else with the AlphaDerma, Prep. Cleanse your face, put no more then 1/4 to 1/2 pump on your face and neck. Let it totally soak in and then apply AlphaDerma. Again 1/4/1/2 pump should more then do your face and neck. Please skip a day. Apply the ADCE line every other day for the first week during the day. Use a mild moisturizer at night. Next week use AM and PM every other day. Then go to 2x's a day daily.

I don't know what could have irritated you. However, some people should introduce product slowly.

Do not put C under AlphaDermaCE until you are totally used to the product. I can use C now but had problems at first.

Please PM/email me if you need help.

Winnie
JB

I'm going to skip it tonight and exfoliate lightly and use a good moisturizer. I also have the Valmont Renewing Pack. Maybe I'll do the mask too just to get a really good moisurizing. I didn't use my C+E this morning before doing the JB products and am going to hold off on it until I see how I tolerate the JB stuff. It is a bit odd. My skin can be sensitive in bizarre ways, but peeling is not usually one of the results I get. I probably did use too much at a time when I used it and that could be all that it causing it, but I am going to take good advice and introduce it a little more slowly. Not jump in as I have with a twice a day usage. I will likely keep doing around my eyes only twice a day for the next few days. I had been doing them already twice with the sample pack. The skin around them is not irritated or peeling so go figure. I'll just ease in with the other parts of my face and hope for the best. I really have been excited about trying this so I want to give it every chance so that I can see how it works.

Phredd4: You know my pore minimizer has silicone in it. I am trying to remember now if I noticed the peeling before I put some of it on or after, and I can't recall. I wouldn't have expected that to be it, but I suppose it could be a factor. I didn't have any peeling on my cheeks though and I did dab some of the pore minimizer there. Hmmmm. Something to think about.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Marella,

When you say peeling is it dry skin or balling up of product?? Sportie might have another good point.

I really need to know peeling vs. balling up. There is a big difference between the two. Balling up and rolling off is too much product or product combinations. Peeling is dryness/irritation.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie: It is definitely peeling. The area below my bottom lip is lightly peeling along the lipline in the same way that the other areas were when I noticed this morning. But now on both my cheeks on either side of my nose the peeling is sort of in patches like you would have after a light sunburn. That is what it really looks like this evening. As with the sunburn, I have a circle on each side where it looks like the peeling has already occurred inside the circle and the outer edges of the circle all around is where you see the the peeling action so to speak. Just as if it was from that sunburn and was going to keep progressing outward. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to give you an as accurate idea as I can. It actually doesn't feel irritated and isn't really unusually red or anything. And it is not hideous so that I can't show my face outside my house. It is just-well peeling. Confused

Okay I'm back with a small change in what I said above. I just did a mild cleanse on my face and when I was splashing it with water to rinse it actually does feel a little irritated here and there and a bit dry. I'll use the mild sunburn without the red burn analogy again for lack of a better analogy to describe how it feels..
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Fingers crossed it settles down for you Marella and you then get great results. Smile
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Very Happy I hope so too.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Marella,
Sorry to hear about your problem. I hope it clears up quick. Keep us up to date on progress

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Between the my Vitamin E oil and Valmont Renewing Pack the peeling seems to be settling down for the most part. It gave me the excuse to use as much of the ultra expensive Renewing Pack as I wanted last night and I'm going to do the same tonight. Still have a tight sunburned feeling to the skin and some peeling but it doesn't look too bad at the moment. I am going to give it at least another full day before I try the JB stuff again. I want everything to be back to normal before I start again. That is one reason, but I possibly would have risked a small use tomorrow if everything kept improving, but my husband is taking me to a wonderful restaurant tomorrow night for our Valentine's dinner. Very Happy A nice Saturday night date, and I Do Not want to chance that my face might be doing any nonsense. By Sunday, I'll probably be back experimenting away. Vanity thy name is....Ah what do they know? Wink
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marella, hows it going, anymore peeling?
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it two nights in a row and no peeling. I think I'll probably start fitting in days also a bit at a time. I really think now that I am using it again that it was just way too much product before. It takes so little. Unfortunately now I have a cold, but I'll get to the point of seeing how it does. Eventually. Rolling Eyes
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Poor marella,wrap up warm and take some medicine, theres so much flu going around...
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to drop a quick note and say that I am finally to the point of being able to use the JB products without peeling. I took great advice and waited a few days and then worked it slowly back into my routine. So far so good. I have only just really started the last few days and am looking forward to seeing any possible results. I suspect that I used too much product that first 2 times I tried it and it just reached up and bit me in the butt. Embarassed
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Marella,

Thank you for letting me know how you are doing. I have been thinking about you. Good luck with the JB products. Remember, to keep it simple. AlphaDerma and the Skin Prep have everything in it to produce great results. If your skin type needs an additional moisturizer that's fine. Exfoliate once or twice a week. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Winnie
JB
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |