Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Quasar MD (Red light therapy), RESULTS?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
yassy
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I have just come from reading a very long discussion on LED therapy. People saying they may be harmful. But i would like to hear from people who have been using it and seen reults from it. The sun damages our skin as we know, but we dont start seeing wrinkles disappearing while we sunbath, so if the LED devices are actuaally making them go away, how could this be damaging long term? Anyway, beside the point, i just want to hear from people who have been using the Lightstim or Quasar MD or which ever you have, and what benefits have you seen? Thanks Smile
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 am      Reply with quote
led works, but it's not miracle worker.

i used tenda blue light on acne. when i had large pimple on my chin, without led, it would take a couple months for the pimple to become soft, break and heal. when i used tenda blue light, this usually happen in a week.

i then bought baby quasar blue and red light. red light doesn't improve indented scar. i didn't notice improvement on wrinkles, but i didn't use it for too long either.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
There are lots of LED postings over on the DIY board.

I do use blue LED for acne. It helps but it is time consuming to use so I don't use it as a preventative any more. I just use it as needed to heal pimples.
yassy
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I just started using Quasar MD. Used it first time last night. Will update on how it goes. I think i will use twice a week not the recommended once. The Silk serum that comes with it has some impressive ingredients. I hope i see some improvement with this. It was expensive!
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I was also wondering if anyone has been using the Quasar MD for a couple of weeks/months.
It would be great to hear how this LED is working for people!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
red light can increase blood circulation, but cant repair wrinkles, not even for a 30 year old.
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Hmm ... probably so ... don't know ... I don't use LED for wrinkles.

The main reason I'm using it is to achieve a better overall appearance, a more even skin tone, things like that.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Quasar MD for a few weeks now. It dosn't take very long and its frustrating that they say since its stronger than the Baby Quasar that you should only use it once a week, well i have been using it around every 3 or 4 days, and it dosnt dry out my skin, but i have not yet noticed any difference to my skin to be honest. I don't have lines yet, so don't need it for that, but theres one area on my face (cheeks) that i want a little tightening. I was considering the nuface microcurrent for that, thinking to order it. I really hope i can notice the Quasar MD is having some good benefits soon.. Will update if, or when i notice anything!
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yassy, thanks for the update.
Please keep us informed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! Any updates on using Quasar MD or Quasar MD Plus??? Did you notice a difference in skin tones? Also, would like to know if there are 3 modes/settings on these models...Is there pulsing light on these models? Thanks a lot Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Having used both the Baby Q and full sized Quasar for years, I can tell you personally it did not do ANYTHING for wrinkles/fine lines. So IMHO it does NOT make wrinkles go away. I would not want anyone purchasing these devices for that reason due to cost.
In numerous discussions with derms, estheticians, plastic surgeons thru many years (10 plus now) not a ONE has EVER advocated the LED. And none of them, Westlake Dermatology being one of the largest in the country, even offer LED treatments.
I have been quoted in blogs, articles and had my photo used repeatedly (without my permission of course) to promote the Baby Q and I do not endorse it for such.
Now, for product penetration, plumping, temporary results it is just okay. I still use it weekly to bi-weekly, but only because I am justifying the price of it.
I have not tried any of the other LED products to compare as some have here on the forums.
Doing it again, my money would be on the ReAura for that purpose.
Just my 2 cents worth!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, thank you so much for your unbiased opinion... Now I will wait and see till something "better" comes along..... I am also looking at ReAura but it is not readily available yet in Canada......
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
And I should add, it is not for wishing it so! Smile.
If you use it faithfully 2-3 times a week it can help to keep the skin plumper but that was the extent. And believe me I did! I bought it the very first week of the Baby Q thread that Kate started way back oh-so-many years ago here on EDS. I have gone through 3 of them (great customer service by the way). That should say something!
Your skin can dry out from it though so I never used it daily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi AnnieR Smile I don't think it is advisable to use it daily as the skin needs to regenerate... I think plumping of the skin will also depends on what products you use before/afterwards to bring those moisture in and other goodies... I was thinking of buying it for "plumping" and as a preventive measure...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
In the beginning I did use it almost every day and one of the consultants had advised that I could. I followed it religously for a couple of years in hope. Then I cut back to 2-3 times a week and then went to once a week.
Now I am at the whenever I remember stage!
If you buy it for preventive then it may work since you might never have known if it didn't,haha. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR for sharing your thoughts on this... I read that this gadget improves penetration of skin care products into the skin... Also, I read this gadget can ease someone's pain? Probably my mom could use this too as she has knee pain and arthritis on her hands...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Well I used it to help with swelling and pain after my ExcelV treatment a few weeks ago. I do think it helped a tad bit although still a very slow recovery.
I used it on my hubby's arm after his break and surgery (pins and plates) but he did not think it did anything for the pain, but that was very traumatic.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used baby quasar religiously for at least a year. I saw absolutely 0, zero, results. For me it was just a silly gadget (is, I still own it). I noticed no plumping. I don't know, maybe I wanted more of it than I paid. It wasn't cheap for me, however.

MHO
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to this forum, pinkfloyd Smile Did you use any product BEFORE or AFTER a Baby Quasar treatment? What type of baby quasar do you have? Is it the small one or MD or MD Plus? Thanks Smile
beauty_on_the_inside

Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
On the note of Baby Quasar - I've been using the new Clear Rayz for my acne. It's been AMAZING. Saw results in just 2 weeks.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just tweaking the thread: I am very interested in hearing reviews on the NEW Quasar MD Plus. Is there anyone having success with this?
Please note this is NOT about the baby MD, but the new model which is apparently larger and MUCH more effective.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
My LightStim for wrinkles (red and infrared light) has definitely improved and softened my undereye lines and the general condition of my skin. So I can definitely say from experience that LEDs do work. It takes time, and results are cumulative, but I do believe the science behind it is completely legitimate.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've used BQ for years and the MD (MD PLUS) since it first came out.

I would never be without it. The results are subtle but real. It plumps my skin, gives me clear and bright skin and firms it.

I've had 2-3 friends run out and buy one after seeing my results over the years.

BUT remember, for most true skin improvement you have to be very patient. Real, long term results come after about 6 months of weekly use. I use it twice a week and LOVE it!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |