Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hands need looking after too!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Does everyone look after their hands, they too can be a tell tale sign of aging. Twice a week I use my Gatineau body scrub on my hands and give them a good scrub, then layer a good coat of hand cream, Gatineau, and go to bed and let it soak in. They always feel wonderful the next morning. I always put handcream on the tops of my hands and rub it in back to back. Putting cream on the palms is not only a waste of product, but also makes hands very greasy as it doesnt soak in as well. My nails suffer from fractures constantly, Im waiting for my nailtiques to arrive and hopefully this will stop that. Amazing how I can be obsessed with nails that wont play ball, yet I neglect my neck and forehead Embarassed
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
i spend a lot of time on nails. It's a bit of an obsession really
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I do keep my hands moisturized (frequent hand washer), but I'm very bad at keeping it out of the sun. Embarassed

When I exfoliate in the shower, I diligently scrub every square inch of skin.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Its good that you take care of them. I wish I could be more positive towards using handcream throughout the day. My hands are always cold, no matter where I am. Its a wonder I can type this morning, have come into work 8 am and the heating has packed in. Its only 3 degrees outside and its not much warmer in here. My fingers have their familiar grey deathly look about them Crying or Very sad
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I rub olive oil in my cuticles to make them soft and to keep them from growing.This really works!

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
My nailtiques arrived today so I have already put on my first coat of #2. Will do the oil at bedtime. Im hoping for big things with this stuff so keep your fingers crossed for me Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Actually putting it on the entire nail helps to mositurize it as well! Smile

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
The oil? Thanks Aga, will paint it on like varnish and slither into bed. A new coat of the formula ever day then for a week. All my nails are really short cause 3 of the split right down the finger and I hate it when they are all different sizes. I do try hard to look after my nails but never have any success Crying or Very sad
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi,

I really had great results with this, I do it morning and evening. Just after a few days I'm sure you will see a difference!

Oleum Ricini ( latin, sorry I dont know how to translate ) is great for nails as well.

Aga Smile
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'll pop it in my bag and take it to work ad I;ll sit on reception doing my nails, like they do in the films. Actually Ive got my "old" nail products on my desk already. See, I do try. But twice a day for the nailtiques it is. Thanks Aga. Did you answer the whats in a name thread? Is Aga sort for anything, am I remember right you are polish? sorry if Im not. some nights one thread blends into another and I dont know where I am Confused
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I must have missed that thread Smile
I'll look for it now.

Aga is short for Agata ( which is my 1st name)btw.

Let me know how your nails will do girl Wink

Aga
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have found a wonderful product when i went to one of my dental conferences last year.

I must say that i am hooked on it..

The product is made by beuty control and its called show of hands instant manicure.

It contains dead sea salt that gently exfoliates while soothing natural oils help nourish, moisurize and protect for younger looking hands.

its not that expensive and i am sure that you will all have the same results as i did...
As u know wearing latex gloves all day makes your skin very dry and this product is wonderful..

If you are interested in getting it please email me directly and i can provide you with the persons e-mail that sells it to me

Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love this thread! Very Happy I'm a believer in that a woman's hands are her best accessories. I often meet people who flaunt their rings on icky fingers and wrinkly freckly hands. I think a humble wedding band on moist, well-groomed hands and nails look better than a 3 carat ice on an uncared for hand.

Anyways - I scrub my hands everyday in the shower with Dermalogica's Hydro-Active Mineral Salts and then slather on generous dollops of hand cream, I have an obsession with my hands and while some of you have tried and tested an unbelievable number of eye cream, I have done the same with hand cream! Among my fav are Crabtree and Evelyn's anything, Clarins Age Control Hand Lotion and Dermalogica's MV Hand and Nail Treatment. I also like the Body Shop's Vit E hand cream. If you ladies have anymore suggestions (am going to try that Gatineau...) fire away. Razz
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I always use L'Occitane hand cream with 20% shea butter. Always put loads on last thing at night. Also when I've finished putting my decleor vitaroma on my face every morning, I always rub some into my hands as well...

For my nails I use Nailtiques oil therapy and also their formula 2 and formula 2 plus.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I use my AVON ANEW CLINICAL 2-STEP PEEL on them every other day. After doing my face, neck & chest, I wipe the pads over the tops of my hands and fingers. It has really made a huge difference in smoothing them and evening out the skintone.

Every night before bed I put on an overnight hand treatment cream. Every morning I use my face cream (which has retinol & SPF15) on the tops of them. Sunscreen is very important for your hands since they are almost ALWAYS exposed.

Lori
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I too am obsessive about my hands - particularly now one is sporting a nice new platinum ring Wink
I think I posted up somewhere my own homemade handcream. My pet hates are dry hands and handcreams that leave your hands tacky or moisturise for a few seconds then sap all the moisture out later.
I use up old expensive face creams as hand creams, all the mother in law's old hand creams are donated to my hands.
So yes I have tried a LOT of creams and by far the best is
Neal's Yard's base line ointment - about £6 for 200g, ingredients: water, glycerin, cetyl stearyl alcohol, almond oil, soya oil, polysorbate 20, grapeseed oil, beeswax, polysorbate 60, grapefruitseed extract, tocopherol.
I mix in Calendula oil, I got a huge bottle for about £6, also from neal's yard
Then in goes whatever essential oil I like at the time, currently it's lime and lemon
Last I put in Vitamin E.
I have been using this for 6 months now and have noticed a big difference, my hands are a lot softer and smoother.
I am also the current dishwasher and my hands are always freezing.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a glycolic acid treatment on their hands? I would think it should work. The skin on your hands is tougher than on your face and the glycolic acid used prudently is supposed to stimulate collegen growth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I mentioned above that I use the Avon Anew Clinical Peel on mine. It is 10% Glycolic Acid. Has made my hands (and face) look fabulous.

Lori
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'm not as attentive to my hands as I perhaps should be. I usually just slather the excess of whatever oil/moisturizer I happen to be using. For example, this week my hands are seeing a lot of avocado oil while a few weeks ago that got a few doses of aubrey's luminessence eye cream! If they are feeling particularly poor I break out my tube of Dr. H hand cream.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
How is the Dr. H Hand Cream? I've had my eye on it! But I have been holding back because it doesn't have an SPF. Or did I miss that?

Lori
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it does not have an SPF. I like this cream quite a bit, but I do not have dry hands -- at all! It is a very light cream, pleasant scent, and it absorbs into your skin very quickly -- which I like. It's very expensive, though, so I try to use alternatives whenever I can.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |